User Avatar Image

[Spoilers - Ep. 3] In defence of Ben

posted by Googolplexbyte on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

Wasn't Ben just preventing the inevitable? Like Eagle hair is paraphrase as having said, "the second the dairy farm stopped bandits would get us instead".

If not for Ben, the bandits would've got us right at the end of ep. 2. Sure the secrecy was fucking stupid, but lee's no one to judge others for secrecy.

It's completely Lilly's fault really, if she hadn't started a gun fight with an army of bandits attracting an army of dead, everyone could got out of there at there own pace. Plus stealing's hardly punishable by death, she'd gone crazy. Was she still nuts later in the comic?

Also it was kind of inevitable doug/carley would've died they'd taken a bit of a backseat in the story.

And honestly what other choice was there, it was probably a deal made at gunpoint considering bandits and all. Plus we raided the entire pharmacy and it was time to leave any way.

Plus even if I were wrong in my opinion, the game should still have the decency to let me show it in game rather than forcing me to be an ass to Ben.

191 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @fenom said: I hate his hair, his face, that stupid jacket, how he stands with that thin body, his irritating b* voice, his emo personality, everything.

I ate his little face, I ate his guts and I ate the way e's always barking!

• But can you do the accent?

• @Master of Aeons said: I ate his little face, I ate his guts and I ate the way e's always barking!

@Master of Aeons said: But can you do the accent?

it reads a bit like my accent H's are not usually necessary,eg. 'ello 'ow are you, it's 'ot today in'it, can you 'ear me or what?

• well i defended him during the interrogation on the side of the road(originally thought it was doug because thats who i saved and he eagerly defended ben) and i told him i still wanted to talk to him later on the train, so bens got good standing with me right now.

• @Cyreen said: But can you do the accent?

Aye, I can at that! I also ate the mess 'e left on my yard! Ya 'erd me!

• Don't lick me.

Poor Ben, doomed to be unappreciated until he's dead. A short, sad existence.

• @Cyreen said: Don't lick me.

Poor Ben, doomed to be unappreciated until he's dead. A short, sad existence.

Just like Larry and Duck...

• The way I see it, it's everyone's fault for not being able to work together. Kenny killed Larry because Larry brought a heart attack upon himself at one of the worst possible times. He knew he had a heart condition, the heart attack was completely his fault. If they weren't held captive by a group of cannibals who were planning to slaughter us for food, I don't believe he would have done that. Kenny killed Larry. No denying that it sent Lilly over the edge though.

Kenny constantly wants to leave. His talk of abandoning the group for the coast indicated he doesn't think the group will survive, which brings down everyone elses morale. The constant arguing between Lilly and Kenny further drove that line of thinking home, especially when neither one tried to coem up with a compromise. The constant attacks by bandits, along with Ben going behind our backs. If he had come forward, we could have evacuated with most of our supplies and no casualties. But blame also somewhat lies with everyone else for the deal, because he knew they would all say "no" and his friend would be killed. He had no confidence in us because it seemed that none of us wanted him there in the first place. Why would people who he thinks hate him give up supplies for his friend's life?

Lilly doesn't want to relocate. With Larry dead and the pharmacy picked clean, the only reason to stay in Macon is for the wall around the motel. The station wagon was a lucky break and that food wouldn't last forever. Certainly not enough to get through the winter I think. With the absence of supplies in town, and the only member of the group who would need a consistent supply of medicine dead, coupled with multiple attacks by a larger and more heavily armed group Macon had become far more trouble than it was worth.

Everyone messed up, which led to Lilly snapping at the side of the road. If everyone had trusted each other and worked together, I feel that the group would be far larger than it is going into Savvanah right now.

• @Rock114 said: The way I see it, it's everyone's fault for not being able to work together. Kenny killed Larry because Larry brought a heart attack upon himself at one of the worst possible times. He knew he had a heart condition, the heart attack was completely his fault. If they weren't held captive by a group of cannibals who were planning to slaughter us for food, I don't believe he would have done that. Kenny killed Larry. No denying that it sent Lilly over the edge though.

Kenny constantly wants to leave. His talk of abandoning the group for the coast indicated he doesn't think the group will survive, which brings down everyone elses morale. The constant arguing between Lilly and Kenny further drove that line of thinking home, especially when neither one tried to coem up with a compromise. The constant attacks by bandits, along with Ben going behind our backs. If he had come forward, we could have evacuated with most of our supplies and no casualties. But blame also somewhat lies with everyone else for the deal, because he knew they would all say "no" and his friend would be killed. He had no confidence in us because it seemed that none of us wanted him there in the first place. Why would people who he thinks hate him give up supplies for his friend's life?

Lilly doesn't want to relocate. With Larry dead and the pharmacy picked clean, the only reason to stay in Macon is for the wall around the motel. The station wagon was a lucky break and that food wouldn't last forever. Certainly not enough to get through the winter I think. With the absence of supplies in town, and the only member of the group who would need a consistent supply of medicine dead, coupled with multiple attacks by a larger and more heavily armed group Macon had become far more trouble than it was worth.

Everyone messed up, which led to Lilly snapping at the side of the road. If everyone had trusted each other and worked together, I feel that the group would be far larger than it is going into Savvanah right now.

i agree, but even though kenny wanted to leave he thought splitting up the group would be suicide, he wanted everyone to come with him.
    but everything else is correct i think

• @Sisterofshane said: Just like Larry and Duck...

Okay, but... maybe not Larry. I appreciated him more dead.

Add Comment