User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 126.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: China owns us. You're living in a republic of China right now.

Not really. It would be more accurate to say that China and the US are mutually indebted to each other.

• One more than the other. It's kind of funny. If the US paid it's debt back to China, it would cut their national debt in half.

Oh sorry, that was just the trade deficit. If they paid back everything, it would be well, well in the green.

• @Secret Fawful said: China owns us. You're living in a republic of China right now.

Wolverines!

• @Johro said: One more than the other. It's kind of funny. If the US paid it's debt back to China, it would cut their national debt in half.

Oh sorry, that was just the trade deficit. If they paid back everything, it would be well, well in the green.

By far, the majority of the US' debt is held to its own self over any other nation.

• That is true, but even a fraction of a percent of $15 trillion is a fair hunk of change.

• The U.S. Debt Clock is a fun way to look at the debt and the size with respect to some other monetary amounts. As I type this, the U.S. federal debt is about $16.01 trillion, and $5.37 trillion of that is held by foreign governments. If you count up what everyone has on all of their credit cards, it's only $896 billion.

• I was watching the 2004 version of ‘Salem’s Lot on YouTube a few hours ago. I noticed that in part 2/13, there is a scene in a karaoke bar where a man is singing Stand By Me. This made me laugh.
    And there’s a dog in the movie named Cujo.

• Goddamnit! Stupid me keeps getting attracted to people.

This gal I was talking to today (too many gorgeous women around working at my Tesco! Xp), was a fellow gamer (though nowhere near my level but more than enough to have an actual conversation! :D).

And she had this kind of 'girl next door' kind of look to her.
    Dark short hair, wild eyes but a warm smile and a cute laugh.
    Smallish frame but well suited all over.

Far too pretty for a shmuk like me. But she was still so compelling. My guard definitely dropped for her. I goofed off just like I do with my best friend. Trying a little extra to make her laugh because she had a long shift and I really wanted her to like me at least.

Edit: I'll admit. This CBT stuff is working out quite well for me. I need to keep at it though. Loads of hurdles left to jump over.

At least I'm fortunate enough to be able to put attraction and desire aside for friendship. I think people who act all Nice Guy TM make me sick.
    I'm definitely not expecting anything at all from this girl. I just want a friend. I'm not going to languish if I never ever saw her again. After all there loads of people out there who could be excellent friends with me. I just haven't met them or noticed them yet.

This discussion has been closed.