User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] TWDG easter eggs / references / hidden jokes?

posted by GeneralC on - last edited - Viewed by 7.9K users

has anyone found any Easter eggs in this game yet if you have could you
maybe take a picture or video and post it here

189 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Who can forget the can of Banang in the RV?

• I think it's ok if the characters do it if the situation warrants it. Like Larry with his Rambo line at the dairy.

• The Batman-Robin reference isn't really an Easter egg I don't think as the characters themselves know what they're talking about; it's actually part of the world.

• You can leave Duck in the woods?

That could be an interesting outcome, but I'm gonna have to find out how to do it...

=___=

• @Viner16 said: You can leave Duck in the woods?

That could be an interesting outcome, but I'm gonna have to find out how to do it...

=___=

Tell Kenny to shoot Duck after Katjaa kills herself. Then stay silent when the dialouge choices appear.

• @Rock114 said: Tell Kenny to shoot Duck after Katjaa kills herself. Then stay silent when the dialouge choices appear.

only thing that sucks tho is when you dont kill duck and neither does kenny it says you left duck in the woods....then they show an over shot of the three of them and ducks brains are splattered on the tree...this was the only moment where the choice dont matter thing was really real for me :( woulda rather had another game over duck is a walker gag;)

• @Motordead said: I'm gonna have to try that.

Please do! I even read somewhere that choosing "..." instead of Lee or Kenny shooting him will cause him to turn into a walker. I'd love to see a video of it.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I was re-playing The Walking Dead since I've been able to play the Steam version of the game since the update even though my computer is way below the requirements, and I noticed a few more references in my replay.

First of all, I love the flyers behind Doug in the pharmacy in episode 1. :) There's one that says "Easter Egg Hunt" and one that says "The I.T. Guy". The former references the in-game Doug (and his shirt) and the latter references the real world Doug. :D

Then there's the movie references in the achievements: Adventures in Babysitting and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. And of course the Frank Sinatra reference, Goodbye, She Quietly Says.

And given all these references in the achievements, could Hit the Road be a reference to Sam & Max? :D

• I still think the zombie coming down the highway after Lilly when you leave her behind after she shoots Carley looks like Dougie zombified.

• @Jennifer said: I was re-playing The Walking Dead since I've been able to play the Steam version of the game since the update even though my computer is way below the requirements, and I noticed a few more references in my replay.

First of all, I love the flyers behind Doug in the pharmacy in episode 1. :) There's one that says "Easter Egg Hunt" and one that says "The I.T. Guy". The former references the in-game Doug (and his shirt) and the latter references the real world Doug. :D

Then there's the movie references in the achievements: Adventures in Babysitting and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. And of course the Frank Sinatra reference, Goodbye, She Quietly Says.

And given all these references in the achievements, could Hit the Road be a reference to Sam & Max? :D

You forgot ''You fight like a dairy farmer'' :D

Add Comment