User Avatar Image

Why everyone so attached to Clementine?

posted by Maugly on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I mean, she's just another child. Yeah, I do care about her because she seems to trust me, but, I mean, she's nothing special. She does not even play major role in my moral decisions.
Is that just your maternal instinct I am lacking?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Clem: Duck blaims me for everything..

Clem: He blaimed me for putting a bug on his pillow.

Lee: Did you?

Clem: ....Yeah...

LOL's all around.

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

@oldgun said: Clem: Duck blaims me for everything..

Clem: He blaimed me for putting a bug on his pillow.

Lee: Did you?

Clem: ....Yeah...

LOL's all around.

What the hell! as I know the conversation wasn't like that :eek:

• I see the validity of the point the OP is getting across, but looking at this forum I see some behaviour that stands out much more. And it makes me ask the question:

Why do people give so much of a damn about Carley? After EP 1 she played a much more minor role, disappearing for the centre portion of Ep 2. Hardly enough communication to rationally get so attached.

Perhaps because she was the best looking, perhaps because some tail seemed promising. I don't know what it was that made people think she was so much more special and valuable than the rest of the members. And to make it funnier, when I read people moaning wishes for her to come back/survive the shot, it always sounds more like they're talking about a dead pet.

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I mean, let's face it. Most women only care about themselves even before a zombie apocalypse hits.

Wow. Misogynistic much?

• [quote]
    Jesus. She's a kid. K-I-D.
    I don't care how about her. Is she good or very bad?? I'll protect her anyway. I know it''s just a game but please don't lose your human nature, guys.
    Agreed. All I can say is by Episode 5 Clem in his game might leave him to die for treating her bad. [/quote]

That would be so hilarious of that could happen.

"Screw you, Lee! Im only eight but Im better off by myself. Im a crack shot, after all."

Then she takes a shot at him if he tries to follow.

• @Two Face said: Jesus. She's a kid. K-I-D.
    I don't care how about her. Is she good or very bad?? I'll protect her anyway. I know it''s just a game but please don't lose your human nature, guys.

It's amazing how you say 'kid' as if it gives her some special bonuses (be it practical, moral or something). I guess my main misunderstanding is this.
    And well... what is the human nature after all? Every animal cares about their cubs. Doesn't make them any more human.

• I think not just because she is a kid, extremely cute and adorable, and makes laugh quite a bit. She's a ray of hope that everyone and everything in the world hasn't turned into a twisted mess and that maybe, just maybe the world hasn't lost everything that it once was.

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I was totally gonna make my move (with or without her help)... even after I slipped twice in the kitchen.

But if she didn't warn you the lurker would have bitten you whilst you was searching her house. Sandra was hunting you the whole time you was in there. Lee would not have survived the attack if Clementine didn't give him the hammer. humans get tired walkers don't. He couldn't move very fast with his damaged leg.

• @Cooperal said: I see the validity of the point the OP is getting across, but looking at this forum I see some behaviour that stands out much more. And it makes me ask the question:

Why do people give so much of a damn about Carley? After EP 1 she played a much more minor role, disappearing for the centre portion of Ep 2. Hardly enough communication to rationally get so attached.

Perhaps because she was the best looking, perhaps because some tail seemed promising. I don't know what it was that made people think she was so much more special and valuable than the rest of the members. And to make it funnier, when I read people moaning wishes for her to come back/survive the shot, it always sounds more like they're talking about a dead pet.

Carly is underrated. Lee,Kat,Clem,Duck,Kenny all owed their lives to Carly. She led the charge in their rescue. She was the only one with the courage and the compassion to leave her group's place of safety and risk giving away their position to save Lee and his companions much like Glenn in the TV show. Why is Carly loved and favoured, the same reason Glenn in the tv show is, for her heroism. Then she sticks up for you, falling out with Lilly and Larry. It's only Carly and Glenn that stand up for Lee's group when Larry is convincing his group that you should be tossed out. Then Carly either saves Clementine from the walker in the toilet or saves Lee if Lee saves Clementine. Two rescues from Carly in quick successions. Then she establishes a bond with Lee by trusting him in spite of his past setting her self up as an ally as a direct contrast to Larry your antagonist who chooses to use his knowledge of your secret as a weapon against you.

Carly is influential in your attack on the motor inn zombies and shoots many walkers when the pharmacy is over run. It's hard not to save her after all of this and it is hard not to value her as a group member. she is the most consistent of the characters going into season 2. Where Kenny has changed in his behavior and Lily is defensive, expecting you to side against her Carly is supportive and understanding. The encouragement that she gives to Lee during their one to ones are quite similar to those given in relationships and marriages. She always says the right thing like when she advises you about shielding your past in episode 2 and how it doesn't make you a bad man, she encourages you to take charge more reminding you that people look up to you and there is the intimate moments in episode 3 when she is encouraging you to trust other group members as if she knows she won't be around much longer. Generally after Clementine Carly shows Lee more care than the other survivors. She will tell Lee to stay safe and even cuddle him. As a character I think telltale went through much effort to make her convincing and detailed, she is probably one of the most in depth characters. As fan favourites go she is probably the closest in Lee's group to Andrea from Rick's group. Andrea is not a fan favourite in the walking dead because she is pretty it's because she's badass!

This discussion has been closed.