User Avatar Image

Please add thanks plugin to the website

posted by N7. on - last edited - Viewed by 229 users

When I post something in this forums it's like no one read my posts

I'm tired of sending posts here. please add Thanks plugin! It would be so nice

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Surely this suggestion belongs in the 'Suggestions to improve the forum' thread?

Or it would if I understood what on earth you meant. A Thanks plug-in? Do you mean a 'like' system, similar to something like Facebook? Because I'm pretty sure that'd be a lot of work for something very few people would use.

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

@Darth Marsden said: Surely this suggestion belongs in the 'Suggestions to improve the forum' thread?

Or it would if I understood what on earth you meant. A Thanks plug-in? Do you mean a 'like' system, similar to something like Facebook? Because I'm pretty sure that'd be a lot of work for something very few people would use.

Do you really know anything about this kind of stuff ? a thanks Plugin isn't a like system

It would be just 10 minutes to download that plugin and then install on the site

• Still no idea what you mean. Could you give an example please?

• I don't see what good that would do really. People read everything here, and if what you've written warrants a thank you, someone will just write "Thank you, N7" in a new post.

• Not every post gets a reply N7. Just because there is no reply does not mean no one read it.

• I think it would be annoying to be auto-thanked every time I posted something. If what I posted is useful to someone, they can thank me themselves. If I posted something awful, it is probably best forgotten.

• Hey, I actually know what he was talking about. It's an add-on for VBulletin that pretty much functions just like Facebook's "like" or Google+'s "+1", except VBulletin calls it "thanks". Honestly, I'm not a fan of it.

• Yeah really, I work long and hard to ignore the people that I ignore.

• Again i go back to my point that it's unneeded. It's just seems it's not that important. Again just because there's no reply to your post does not mean no one read it. Also what will you say if people don't like your posts if we had this thing? Would you say to people ''Please like my posts''?

• Also, it probably wouldn't be an option anyway. These forums are kind of a cobbled-together mess that are barely held together with the code equivalent of duct tape. Adding another plugin to the mix would probably be a bad idea at this stage. Hence the new site you guys heard about a while back.

This discussion has been closed.