User Avatar Image

How do you feel about zombies, in general?

posted by CoiCki on - last edited - Viewed by 378 users

As far as the fiction goes, I feel kind of sad of the idea of a zombie.
Losing everything you are and becoming a mere empty husk that only exists to feed on anything living, until decaying too much to move.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They're the only monster that "scares" me - as much as I can be scared.

Vampires? Big deal.
    Werewolves? Kill it with fire.
    Zombies... yeesh... they're what the Borg from star trek emulates... they're a virus that just keeps multiplying and is hungry for YOU.

• I love zombies but I don't feel like its a very big threat what does scare me about them is just being eaten alive.

So while I love zombies I feel like there isn't actually a real threat and takes a lot of hand-waves to make it happen

• To me having to face a zombie would be about the scariest thing you can imagine having to face. Having to face something that doesn't get tired, hungry, and never stops coming at you is some scary shit. I highly doubt I could handle seeing and dealing with something like that in real life haha. Good thing its only made up and not real! Or will it happen eventually???:D

• @Kelium said: To me having to face a zombie would be about the scariest thing you can imagine having to face. Having to face something that doesn't get tired, hungry, and never stops coming at you is some scary shit. I highly doubt I could handle seeing and dealing with something like that in real life haha. Good thing its only made up and not real! Or will it happen eventually???:D

I feel you, bro. Just imagine one right in front of you, trying to reach and grab you so it can take a bite. Imagine the stench. Geez. I'd probably freeze if one ever got close to me.

• @Viser said: I feel you, bro. Just imagine one right in front of you, trying to reach and grab you so it can take a bite. Imagine the stench. Geez. I'd probably freeze if one ever got close to me.

Definitely, the psychological effect will be the worst part, also dealing with people that do what they want no matter what because the society they knew is gone. I think the living would be the biggest concern while trying to survive.

• Zombies do actually exist in real life, they are just not what novels and Hollywood made out of them... ;)

http://www.zombiehub.com/real-zombies.html

• You get to kill your neighbors in self defense. It's the American dream.

People can argue, but before zombies people were looking forward to it in the event of nuclear war, and there's a reason the second amendment refuses to die.

• Maybe...just maybe I could take out a zombie. Once I get the first one, I don't think I'll be AS scared of them, but they'll still be pretty terrifying. If that first one was a family member? Forget about it, I'd be doomed.

• Everyone wants a zombie apocalypse, but no one wants to be a zombie :p

• Zombies are the perfect metaphor for the onset of death. A shambling, ever present monster that you can easily outmaneuver but never be rid of. You eventually grow weary and succumb.

That, to me, holds more weight than most other legends.

Add Comment