User Avatar Image

[PS3] Walking Dead deleted all my saves

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

booted up my ps3 today, went to walking dead and it said there was an error and it would correct itself. after allowing it to do it's thing, i went to play and all my saved games are gone. the file is still in the saved folder though. any help?

edit: the save file may have also been altered because it's only 167KB now. crap, did i just lose everything??

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had the same issue happen to me yesterday. As mentioned, it didn't happen until I decided to use the THIRD save slot to play around with the story lines. Wish I could undo that. Anyway, I am also a huge fan of this series (as I was with the Back to the Future games).

However, I have a tough time recommending this series to anyone with the series delays combined with the obvious bugs.

• Thanks for trying to fix it finally...

• Well I am back to say that Telltale's latest update did NOT fix the issue!!!! I posted previously regarding data corruption when all three saves are being used.

I decided to only use two saves this time and leave the third free. No problems. I played through the first two episodes AGAIN on two saves. So I've played the GAME at least 8 times through now. It becomes rather mind numbing!!!

Well the third episode comes out and so does an update saying that it should fix the data corruption issue that people were having. Thinking they have resolved the problem I start playing with the third save slot.

BIG MISTAKE!!!! The same thing happened. I was playing through the third episode for the third time and I paused the game. When I came back the game tried to save but it crashed and said the Data was corrupted. Needless to see when I restarted back ALL my saves were completely gone again as it had written over the 'corrupted' data.

I CAN'T take playing this game anymore. REALLY!!?? I have to play through the game again. I've had to play through this game so many times it's fully unacceptable.

WARNING TO ALL - either don't save on the third save slot or don't bother playing this game.

• After I thought this whole corrupt save data was finished, I just started Episode 3 on my 3rd SAVE SLOT and it FROZE with a message saying DATA CORRUPTED!!! WTF??!!!! Now all my damn SAVE SLOTS are ERASED!!!

This already happened to me on Episode 2 when it first released when I played it on the 3 SAVE SLOT!!!

WTF?!! TELLTALE?!!! WTF?!!! I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY FREE TIME THAN REPLAY THIS DAMN GAME A HUNDRED TIMES EACH TIME A NEW EPISODE IS RELEASED!! SHIT MAN!!

These inconveniences need to be rectified!!

• [quote=dlpoi;675343]well i am back to say that telltale's latest update did not fix the issue!!!! I posted previously regarding data corruption when all three saves are being used.

I decided to only use two saves this time and leave the third free. No problems. I played through the first two episodes again on two saves. So i've played the game at least 8 times through now. It becomes rather mind numbing!!!

Well the third episode comes out and so does an update saying that it should fix the data corruption issue that people were having. Thinking they have resolved the problem i start playing with the third save slot.

Big mistake!!!! The same thing happened. I was playing through the third episode for the third time and i paused the game. When i came back the game tried to save but it crashed and said the data was corrupted. Needless to see when i restarted back all my saves were completely gone again as it had written over the 'corrupted' data.

I can't take playing this game anymore. Really!!?? I have to play through the game again. I've had to play through this game so many times it's fully unacceptable.

Warning to all - either don't save on the third save slot or don't bother playing this game.[/quote]

Telltale fix this please!! It's annoying, bordering on provoking full on rage!!!

This is totally unacceptable!!! Something needs to be done asap!! Either that or refund me of my 20$ I wasted on this season pass! I've replayed this excessively already thinking it was fixed, only to find that the same shit happened on the 3rd slot of Episode 3!

C'mon man!!! Refund me or give me the option to get season 1 on a different platform glitch free!!!

• Okay so I've played and finished episodes 1,2,and 3 twice each on my fat PS3 with no glitches or freeze ups. I also finished episode 4 today and was playing it again tonight when all of a sudden this comes up. "Save filed corrupted. Attempting to recreate" I clicked okay and continued playing. However I got interrupted again when the same error came back up. This happened 9 or 10 more times until I finally restarted my system. When I booted it back up to pick up where I left off I was greeted with a wonderful "Start a new game" menu option and all my saves for my two play troughs were gone. I was really enjoying the game up to this point, and I have to say that I am far from impressed. I refuse to play it again because according to other customer complaints it will happen again. I would love to finish the game, so could you please do something about this game breaking problem? Thank you.

• @Mike said: Hi,

Per my update to the Support FAQ last week, we are definitely looking into this and taking it seriously, but have not yet been able to reproduce it in-house. I'm really sorry it's happening and I wish I had more news, but I don't at the moment.

If you're experiencing this issue, are you using an older PS3, or one of the newer slim models?

Thanks,
    Mike

i have an original PS3 but nothing happened like this untill i was half way through episode 4, 1-3 was fine there was no error message it only happend with 4, it also says that i dont even have my season pass anymore, all my episode are gone, its telling me to buy them again

this is really pissing me off, i refuse to play this game again untill this glitch or bug whatever is fixed!

• I have another PS3 save issue for Episode 4. Just watching the story unfold, at which point it looked like it was a save point, I get a Save Error message. 'Save Data Corrupted.. Attempting to re-create'. This was in the middle of a cut scene as it attempted to auto-save and I was NOT trying to turn off the system (just wanted to make that clear).

It's such a great game story telling wise.. that I'm fed up with these save glitches. Episode 2 had a major problem, but they patched that and Episode 3 had no issues on the save front. Yet here we are again on Episode 4 and I get an error in the middle of gameplay.

All my data for the game has been deleted and now I have to start from the beginning. Hours invested, wasted; way to go Telltale. You've lost me as a customer, but you probably could care less. I have a hard time now of recommending it to others because I say "It's a good game.. but, you'll lose your saves..."

FYI.. I'm running on an original PS3 (fat model). Had already completed one play-through of Ep. 4.

• So when episode two came out it deleted all my saves.
    Now episode four comes out and deletes all my saves.
    I'm not gonna go through a whole step-by-step of what happened to me this time, but I'll give you a little checklist.
    Step one: Enjoy all your money, pay off your car/house.
    Step two: Say you're concerned about this PS3 problem and say you're gonna try to fix it.
    Step three: Buy a boat maybe?
    Step four: Go fuck yourselves, Telltale.

Add Comment