User Avatar Image

TWD: Problem with saved files?

posted by Banditbenn on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Is anyone else having this problem, I had three saved files when I began chapter two, I first started on my No.1 chapter where I had saved Carly, but when i actually ran the game it had Doug as my person I had saved, confused but too eager to play the game i went along with it, and completed chapter two with what the game programmed me with, But now going back and trying to play my other saved files it simply refuses to work, if I click play on chapter two it brings me right to the end, but if I try to play my other save files It does not load and just gives me a black screen?, anyone else had this problem?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just decided to delete it all and wait, in the hopes that later releases will fix these problems. Wish I could try that fix, but unfortunately I go through Steam.

• Just curious... How many people have their STEAM folder, or TWD folder on another Hard Drive compared to C: that are having this problem?
    I'm thinking maybe there's a correlation between The saves in My Documents on the C: drive with the game on another HDD, and there's a link somewhere between the two.

• I have had to play through the first chapter two times already, and each time I've gotten to the point where they are are in the store and are trying to break into the medicine closet. Each time I've had to interrupt game play around that point, and for some unknown reason my game doesn't remember my progress and I must start over from the beginning. Doing the same thing (most of the first chapter) over and over without any way to speed the process up is taxing.

• I had this same problem, too. I emailed Telltale and they told me to reinstall the game. While it's a bit of a pain waiting for the content to re-download, it worked like a charm.

I'm assuming that you have the PC version.

• Alright not sure if someone posted this but I had the same problem where all my saves didnt show up. I went in to the my documents folder for telltale and found that there were two folders with saves. One said The Walking Dead the other just said Gamedata. Turns out all my old saves were in the the walking dead one. I moved all the files in that folder to the Gamedata one, after I did this all my saves were back and I could continue from where I left off.

Hopefully this will help someone, I have the PC version non steam, I dont know if steam puts the saves somewhere else.

• decided to replay a bit so i copied my file 2 game to file 3 then used rewind to go back half way through episode 2. Got to the end and it returned to the title screen, when i tried to continue the file 3 game to play episode 3, the whole thing reset back to episode 1, annoying bugs..

• @Zethos said: Alright not sure if someone posted this but I had the same problem where all my saves didnt show up. I went in to the my documents folder for telltale and found that there were two folders with saves. One said The Walking Dead the other just said Gamedata. Turns out all my old saves were in the the walking dead one. I moved all the files in that folder to the Gamedata one, after I did this all my saves were back and I could continue from where I left off.

Hopefully this will help someone, I have the PC version non steam, I dont know if steam puts the saves somewhere else.

Zethos,

Thanks so much. I had the same exact problem. I purchased it on Telltale but had to initially install on Steam. When I downloaded episode three, I noticed about a day later, Steam was installing updates to the Walking Dead even though it was no longer installed. That's when all my saves went missing. I checked the Telltale folder under "My Documents" and did what you said and it seems to have worked. Thanks a bunch!

• That is exactly what I came on this forum to look up. I went and tried to download a screen recorder to record me playing TWD but then I tried to get on it (I wasn't using the screen recorder at this point) and then it was freezing at the loading screen and not responding. I finally got it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling, making sure to click the option that kept my games saved for when I re-installed it. BUT NOW MY SAVED GAME IS ALL GONE AND I WAS UP TO EPISODE 3! Please someone help me!!?? I don't want to start all over :(

• The xbox is also having problems. :( I was able to play my initial playthrough without any hiccups, but when I went to load up my evil Lee playthrough it kept saying I'd already beaten episode 4 even though I was selecting a different saved game. This also occured when I went into my good Lee save file. And, when I looked at the stats for my evil Lee & my good Lee they were the same stats as my initial playthrough file. I would like to playthrough on my other saved files without screwing with my initial playthrough since it's my gut reaction save.
    I hope Telltale decides to take a look into this issue. If not, I'll be waiting for the retail release if they decide to do a season 2. I love this game, but this sort of stuff is unacceptable.

• I have the xbox version and my glitch is a little different, no matter which save slot I choose it always loads up the 2nd save slots choices. I didn't notice till I finished ep4 and saw that my original save (slot 1) was still at Episode 3 and my second save slot was at episode 4. Each time I tried to load up my first slot it would bring me back to the 2nd slots choices.. I tried copying slot 1 into slot 2 but now all the choices I made are wrong. I think I'm gonna have to start from scratch on slot 2, *sigh* luckily I remember all my original choices.

Add Comment