User Avatar Image

Is this game worth playing still?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 256 users

Like title says.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It is very good as an Story driven/pointclick game and i will keep buying/playing all the eps, yes the next season too if there is one.

But yea like stated in alot of posts im kinda dissapointed that alot of the game's important parts are linear and my choices won't change nothing but what my character says/thinks about that, you know instead of actually doing something.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I find the question very valid. But if you're turned off by sudden, shocking, random and violent deaths of the most beloved characters - as you could very well be - then, please:

Don't watch zombie movies.
    Don't read The Walking Dead comics.
    Don't watch the TV show.
    Don't play the game.

• User Avatar Image
    Ern

@Maugly said: 3rd option please: this game does not stand for what it claims, but I'll buy next ep anyway.

^This

Edit: Its not the deaths but the fact choices don't matter. The deaths of characters didn't help as most of the choices which weren't moral were directed towards these characters so it feels like season 2 begun already tbh as only Kenny and Clem were there from the start.

It was a great story and emotional experience but im already preparing my eulogies for omar and his girl

• @Vainamoinen said: I find the question very valid. But if you're turned off by sudden, shocking, random and violent deaths of the most beloved characters - as you could very well be - then, please:

Don't watch zombie movies.
    Don't read The Walking Dead comics.
    Don't watch the TV show.
    Don't play the game.

Agreed.

• NO! its s*** now, killing carley and no way to stop it through choice has ruined the whole thing for me, FU TTG pile of f***** crock

• @jojimbo said: NO! its s*** now, killing carley and no way to stop it through choice has ruined the whole thing for me, FU TTG pile of f***** crock

These are actually starting to be funny.

• @jojimbo said: NO! its s*** now, killing carley and no way to stop it through choice has ruined the whole thing for me, FU TTG pile of f***** crock

Needs more !!!!!!!!s.

• I'll be okay so long as Clem stays alive. >_> She's practically the driving force for me in the game. If she dies I'll be putting the controller down and won't be picking it back up again. ::Lee commits suicide!:: >.<

But everyone else? I might get heartbroken and miserable, but I'll be able to keep going. I want to know what happens next. :x

The game reminds me of Heavy Rain, which I loved. I hope that we end up with similar crossing circumstances that affect what happens later on. Maybe that will come in later? I don't know. o.o' TTG does need to pick their battles, though. Not everything can be a so-called 'real choice' or you end up with more branches than anyone has time for. They'd need nearly twice the bodies and much more time, new episodes would never come out.
    More likely your choices will be more tuned to the surviving characters and how they deal with it as we get closer to the end. Like Clem. She's with you nearly 100% of the time in the game. What if something you do frightens her? What if she doesn't trust you because you beat one of the cannibal's face in and stabbed the other with a pitchfork? What if you lose her in the end because of something like that? What if you lied to her and the man talking to her on the walkie-talkie gives her a convincing argument to push you away?
    That said, enjoy it for what it is. We still have quite a lot of ground to cover. :)

• Of course. I'm sad Carley's gone and I am not a fan of Omid and Christa, but I am willing to keep going. I've been invested so far and had so many memorable moments so far. Why quit now?

• @Maugly said: 3rd option please: this game does not stand for what it claims, but I'll buy next ep anyway.

The experience is tailored to your play, not "You can change anything in this game."

The experience is tailored most everything you say gets brought up again.

Add Comment