User Avatar Image

Whose death made you so emotional?

posted by ZombieBlaster on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

A lot of the characters have died already, but Carley's death just broke my damn heart!

258 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ChickVelcro said: Can't believe anyone is choosing Carley's death over Duck's.

Watching a kid like Duck slowly die in his mother's arms over a few scenes was so much worse than seeing Carley taken out by Lily. Carley's death was quite shocking, but watching Duck slowly turn grey and start wheezing was just gut-wrenching. Not to mention having to then kill him or have his father kill him.

I actually think there's something a bit wrong mentally with anyone who was more effected by Carley dying than Duck. Duck dying was seriously one of the saddest things i've ever seen in video games. Carley was a nice girl and all, but come on. Duck was a fun-loving, fairly simple, kid, who was running round playing Batman only an hour or so earlier.

this 100%

• Doug and Duck, But i voted Duck because it was more emotional.

• @ChickVelcro said: Can't believe anyone is choosing Carley's death over Duck's.

The problem with Duck's death... is that it was the last in a string of character removals.

Had it been first, or by itself... entirely different situation.

• Carley's death was shocking and inspired anger directed at Lilly and her dead became secondary to dealing with Lilly. It was too abrupt to inspire grief over the death itself.

• True. But it is the one that started the hellbound snowball rolling...

So when I think about where Episode 3 went wrong, that's where my mind goes first.

Maybe it's a primacy thing.

Watching a kid like Duck slowly die in his mother's arms over a few scenes was so much worse than seeing Carley taken out by Lily. Carley's death was quite shocking, but watching Duck slowly turn grey and start wheezing was just gut-wrenching. Not to mention having to then kill him or have his father kill him.

I actually think there's something a bit wrong mentally with anyone who was more effected by Carley dying than Duck. Duck dying was seriously one of the saddest things i've ever seen in video games. Carley was a nice girl and all, but come on. Duck was a fun-loving, fairly simple, kid, who was running round playing Batman only an hour or so earlier.

Also, as for all these 'special bonds' and 'connections' with Carley. She fancied Doug until you let him die. She simply moved onto the only other eligible male in the group.

I agree 100%

• Most shocked by Carley/Doug, most saddened by Katjaa/Duck.

Also, as for all these 'special bonds' and 'connections' with Carley. She fancied Doug until you let him die. She simply moved onto the only other eligible male in the group.

I saved Carley, was fond of her and I agree with you 100%.

• @ChickVelcro said:
    I actually think there's something a bit wrong mentally with anyone who was more effected by Carley dying than Duck.

WTF?!?! Can you substantiate this?

Why everybody assumes that a childs death is always worse than an adult's is a complete mystery to me. It's still a question of sympathy. Yes, Duck's death is sad and remarkable for a video game, but I felt a lot closer to Carley.

If you thought Duck's death was worse than Carley's thats fine with me. But there are no objective reasons to favor one character over another, so stop psychologizing people like me.

Add Comment