User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 126.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Johro said: I would welcome it.

I may know of an apartment becoming vacant soon. And someone selling all their furniture. :p

@Johro said: I can't beleive Pax was almost two weeks ago...I miss my friends and Orson Welles.

They miss you too. Seems like it's been ages already.

• @DAISHI said: You... WANT, to live in Texas. State of the highest drop out rate, worst medical coverage, one of the lowest grad rates, instituted racism...

It’s better than Louisiana. Place is a shit hole. At least Texas has a good music scene. And I really don’t give a shit about how racist a state is. I mean, at least it’s not Alabama.

• Fair enough.

In other news, I reinstalled my computer today. Getting ready to launch for The Whispered World playthrough.

• Who gives a shit?

Just kidding.

• @Alcoremortis said: Because senior year of high school is the best?

I never had a senior year of high school. *sad*

Well, actually it was because I opted out of the regular high school and went to an experimental alternative charter school. Whereas the regular high school focused on testing and college placement, the high school I attended focused on encouraging and developing an individual's unique talents.

I got to graduate a year early because I did a lot of independent studies and got all the credits I needed before my senior year.

School days would only have 2 periods where the student could concentrate for half the day on a subject for a month and a half rather than get shuffled around every 40 minutes and there was a lot of freedom in what an individual could learn to study.

Some of the coolest and talented people I know graduated from that place. One of whom I consider an awesome friend to this day helped film and edit this documentary. Another kid ended up programming the very first Meat Boy and managed to get a fat royalty check when Super Meat Boy came out.

Something that struck me was that many of the students came to this school absolutely hating school and graduated wanting to become teachers themselves. Pretty wonderful stuff.

Unfortunately, because the focus was not on testing, our school had a lot of budget set backs because we weren't up to district standards. The school is a shadow of its former self at this point.

Makes me really sad.

@Alcoremortis said: You... WANT, to live in Texas. State of the highest drop out rate, worst medical coverage, one of the lowest grad rates, instituted racism...

Austin's pretty cool from what I hear.

woah i just realized that i was in texas two weeks ago but only for a layover but i was still physically there. it almost just felt like i was floating in limbo space while teleporting from portland to atlanta and vice versa: not like actually being in texas.

yeah i need to go to bed good night

• @Giant Tope said: I never had a senior year of high school. *sad*

Well, actually it was because I opted out of the regular high school and went to an experimental alternative charter school. Whereas the regular high school focused on testing and college placement, the high school I attended focused on encouraging and developing an individual's unique talents.

I got to graduate a year early because I did a lot of independent studies and got all the credits I needed before my senior year.

School days would only have 2 periods where the student could concentrate for half the day on a subject for a month and a half rather than get shuffled around every 40 minutes and there was a lot of freedom in what an individual could learn to study.

Some of the coolest and talented people I know graduated from that place. One of whom I consider an awesome friend to this day helped film and edit this documentary. Another kid ended up programming the very first Meat Boy and managed to get a fat royalty check when Super Meat Boy came out.

Something that struck me was that many of the students came to this school absolutely hating school and graduated wanting to become teachers themselves. Pretty wonderful stuff.

Unfortunately, because the focus was not on testing, our school had a lot of budget set backs because we weren't up to district standards. The school is a shadow of its former self at this point.

Makes me really sad.

Austin's pretty cool from what I hear.

The universal consensus is Austin is a great place to visit, but it's congested with wanna be hippies and environmentalists that sell out the minute they get a business suit. On and the Scientology church outside UT is creepy.

Houston and Dallas are far more metropolitan, and tolerant places to boot. Actually, you can't go too wrong with the Big Four: Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.

Though if I had to live somewhere large city for the rest of my life in Texas, Dallas and Houston are the best. God save you if you end up in a small town in West Texas, or are a minority in a small town in East Texas. You'll do a little better to the south, where minorities (Read: Mexicans) run aplenty.

• @DAISHI said: The universal consensus is Austin is a great place to visit, but it's congested with wanna be hippies and environmentalists that sell out the minute they get a business suit. On and the Scientology church outside UT is creepy..

Can't be any worse than Portland hurp durp. Consequently when I hear people from portland wanting to move, they always want to go to austin. haha

• @Giant Tope said: Can't be any worse than Portland hurp durp. Consequently when I hear people from portland wanting to move, they always want to go to austin. haha

Dammit you're right, I have friends in Portland that I've heard say that.

• @Icedhope said: I can't beleive Pax was almost two weeks ago...I miss my friends and Orson Welles.

Tweet tweet.

@Icedhope said: They miss you too. Seems like it's been ages already.

Yep. That weekend (week if you count the road trip) was so awesome, it almost feels like it couldn't have really happened.

• It didn't? Great. Now I can keep telling myself I didn't embarrass myself in front of Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer.

This discussion has been closed.