User Avatar Image

Carly/Doug [Episode 3]

posted by Dwarvster on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

I feel that the game is very misleading as basically what you say and do will change the outcome of every event/scene that comes about. There must have been a way to save her. Some how to persuade Ben. There must be something or the whole point of what you choose will effect the outcome is a complete bs stunt for buyers.

Put out a DLC or update the game so it is possible to save this character. It would end a lot of arguing and disappointment among these gamers. Thank you.

Doing that would basically tell us gamers/ Walking Dead fans that you as a company actually care about the product and it's consumers. Respect and gratitude will come from this!

Just please let that crucial moment be altered so we can choose the fate of her/him.

Now that that's out there. What do you guys think about the matter?

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dee23 said: Why does everyone Like andrea or michonne in the comics the same reason people like Carley, not because she is a woman but because she is badass. Lee is the protagonist and he does not save as much of group members as she has. Lee saved duck/or attempted to save sean at hershels farm(1), he saves Clementine from the walker from the rest room if you get to her in time(2) and the walker at the end of the game(3), he saves Kat from the walker on the truck(4) and when she is a hostage(5) saves Kat when the motor inn is attacked and saves Clementine in the depot office(6)

Carly saves all 5 of Lee's group from the walkers when they first arrive at Macon(1)She saves Lee a few moments later or Clementine if Lee doesn't save Clementine in time(2) she stops countless zombies from getting to the group during the attack on the pharmacy(3)She saves Lee from the walker he is fighting on the truck(4),She saves Lee from the walker approaching him when he exits the barn(5),She saves Duck and Lee when Andy is pointing his gun at them(6). Had she have lived longer she probably would have saved even more people.

Then their is the fact that she cares for Lee and Clementine, sacrificing her rations if you offer to feed her and gives reassurance to Lee at crucial times in the story.

Well let's also put these into facts.

She puts the group in danger from shooting the bathroom zombie(-1), nearly puts Lee, Glenn, and herself in danger by going guns a blazing at the hotel (-2), get's herself or Doug killed because she refused to kick a walker (-3), and pissed Lilly off into killing herself and then making Lilly go nuts and take the van(-4), so now she is at 2. We could also argue that because she noticed the Saint Johns, that she is the cause of THAT mess as well, but I won't for now.

• I'm sad that Doug had to die, but I accept his death since he tried and succeeded in saving Ben. I want him alive, but I wont be complaining because I'm happy they wrote the game this way, It adds suspense, and makes you want to kill yourself, which is exactly what the developers were aiming for.

• If she hadn't shot the bathroom walker it would have killed Lee (or Clementine if you were unable to reach her). So that seems more like a (+1) to me.

Also "I love the game because it makes you want to kill yourself" isn't exactly the ringing endorsement I think Telltale wants to hear... but nevertheless, the emotional rollercoaster is why we love it.

• @Rock114 said: If she hadn't shot the bathroom walker it would have killed Lee (or Clementine if you were unable to reach her). So that seems more like a (+1) to me.

False, Lee could've easily shoved the walkers head onto the edge of the counter and smashed it in.

Similar to the Larry instance, Lee was actually about to get the walker off of him and have it taken care of when Carley stupidly fired and got the entire group in trouble.

• In the Walking Dead anyone can die.

While I'm ok with the deaths of Katjaa, Duck and Carley, I don't think they should've done it all in one episode. We need a reason to still care about the group, and not much people like the new group. (I like it...)

• @Gman5852 said: ...Lee was actually about to get the walker off of him and have it taken care of when Carley stupidly fired and got the entire group in trouble.

I know for a fact that my Lee was having an "OH SHIT" moment and definitely appreciated the help. However, if I read anymore "Carley's Dead" threads, I might do a Katjaa.

• Actually Lee was struggling with the bathroom walker, and it was only a few seconds away from taking a chunk out of his neck.

• The only reason I agree that it sucks is cause...well I feel like I'm still on a rail.
    Sure I make choices, But I can't technically change the story hardly at all.

I feel as though the only major event you'll be able to change is what happens at the end of the last episode.

You choose to let someone live?
    They die regardless, you choose to go one way, either way you go the other.
    It gives you the idea of making choices, when in reality you can't.
    Sure they'd have to spend more money on more scripts and more scenery, but I'm quite certain they're getting a lot out of it.

I feel for a game about making choices, we aren't actually given any choices

• The reason that the fact that you cannot save Doug or Carly does not contradict the idea of your choices affecting the game is because Carly choosing to badmouth Lilly is not your choice, nor is the choice for Lilly to shoot her in the face for it / for believing she is a traitor. Just as Doug saving Ben and Lilly trying to shoot Ben are not your choices.

• @Dwarvster said: I feel that the game is very misleading as basically what you say and do will change the outcome of every event/scene that comes about. There must have been a way to save her. Some how to persuade Ben. There must be something or the whole point of what you choose will effect the outcome is a complete bs stunt for buyers.

Put out a DLC or update the game so it is possible to save this character. It would end a lot of arguing and disappointment among these gamers. Thank you.

Doing that would basically tell us gamers/ Walking Dead fans that you as a company actually care about the product and it's consumers. Respect and gratitude will come from this!

Just please let that crucial moment be altered so we can choose the fate of her/him.

Now that that's out there. What do you guys think about the matter?

No. To any of this. Death is not your thing. Try The Sims, the have a new expansion out with zombies- and no one dies and everyone is happy when you start and exit the game.

Add Comment