28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zeruis said: From what I could tell from the comics, the Governor seemed like a pedo to me.

Wasn't he was more of a necropedo?

• I don't know if you guys watched the video ShadowFlux posted, but it's stated in the interview that the governor will not make an appearance in the series. Jake said they tried to find a scenario where they could work him in, but couldn't without sacrificing the integrity of the canon between the game and comic. It was considered off limits.

Here's the video again, credit goes to ShadowFlux for posting it. You can find the information at minute 7; http://www.thegameraccess.com/interviews/multiplatform/the-walking-dead-invades-the-pax-prime-madness-interview-pax-prime-2012

• @fanganga said: I'm having a bit of trouble lining up the game timeline and the comic timeline. My understanding is that in the comics Rick wakes up a month into the zombie outbreak, and no more than a month later it's Christmas, which puts the start sometime in November, or possibly late October. In the game, Lee crashes around the start of the outbreak, then the timeline skips three months - which would make it sometime around the end of January - however, the crops at the St. Johns' farm and the talk of approaching winter make it seem like it's still autumn. Did I make a mistake somewhere, or is this a disagreement between the game and the comics?

Well I would think its the same time frame when Lee and the cop crash the cop car they just leaveing downtown Atlanta. Rick is in a smaller town of Georgia. But in a coma maybe a day or two before that same accident happens with Lee.

Now when Glenn leaves our video game group the time frame has to be day 3 or 4 of the zombie apoc. So when Rick wakes up he comes across Glenn on the what 2nd month of the zombie apoc?

• User Avatar Image
    shammack Telltale Staff

@ShadowFlux said: (Edit) Jake comes off as a nervous individual and I have no idea why the interviewer appears to be doing so in her bra (Is she "dressed up" as someone?)

She was cosplaying as Catherine from Catherine. I would be nervous too in that situation.

• @AceStarr said: Well I would think its the same time frame when Lee and the cop crash the cop car they just leaveing downtown Atlanta. Rick is in a smaller town of Georgia. But in a coma maybe a day or two before that same accident happens with Lee.

Now when Glenn leaves our video game group the time frame has to be day 3 or 4 of the zombie apoc. So when Rick wakes up he comes across Glenn on the what 2nd month of the zombie apoc?

In Ep 2 and 3 of the game we get the impression it's late autumn - orange leaves, crops ready to harvest, talk of winter around the corner. Around the end of the first set of comics/tv series, there are bare trees and snow, and at the start of the second set, Dale mentions that it's Christmas, so everything in the game so far, including the three month skip, would have been before the end of the first set of comics.

There's an exchange between Rick and Glenn in the comic where Glenn asks "Where have you been for the past month?", which makes me think that the dead started rising a month before Rick made it to Atlanta.

To line up the timelines the events with Rick in the camp would have to take place over two months, and I don't see them being that slow.

• in the tv show at least the za was in full swing as the hospital was abandoned and the undead locked up inside..

• @shammack said: She was cosplaying as Catherine from Catherine. I would be nervous too in that situation.

Ah ok, thanks!

• @chaz99 said: Ridiculous thread. The devs and Kirkman have already stated openly that it is not the same story as Rick Grimes, et. al. The Governor will almost certainly not be a character in this game.

Yes, I realize this.

• @ShadowFlux said: Not the governor, watch the video.

http://www.thegameraccess.com/interviews/multiplatform/the-walking-dead-invades-the-pax-prime-madness-interview-pax-prime-2012

(Edit) Jake comes off as a nervous individual and I have no idea why the interviewer appears to be doing so in her bra (Is she "dressed up" as someone?)

Respect for not staring at her breast. I know I was the whole time.

• @Cyreen said: Wasn't he was more of a necropedo?

I thought it was just his daughter.

Add Comment