User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 14.7K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have tried all the steps to get the game to work with no luck, I am running Windows 7

Is this issue going to get resolved? i.e. can you release an update as I would really like to play the game!

Thanks

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    No.

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?
    No.

No.

Note: using Steam version. Used to work prior to upgrading from Windows 7 to 8.

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    No

Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials. It's not blocking the game as far as I can tell, but I also tried adding the Walking Dead Steam folder to exceptions, to no avail.

No

• 1.) Yes, windows firewall. It doesn't appear to be blocking game. (Tried disabling the fire wall and running)

2.) MS security, no it's not blocking the game

3.) No

• No, no and no.

Has this really been going on for a week or two now?
    How about you get a patch out ASAP or issue some refunds for your hastily made game.

• It would be nice if someone official could say something about this issue. Just waiting and hoping for some miracle to happen isnt so satisfying...

• Same here

No
    Yes avast and no the software is not blocked before the part 03 i can play the game after the part 3 i have this error...
    No

Test lot of things whitout my firewall of windows 7 with a

• Hello Mike as i see on the forum support.I just bought a game (the walking dead) Because i checked it out on youtube.and i like the story line.its interesting for me and i love zombie survival games. however after purchase of the item, i tried to download the game. it turns out that i can download the game if the site would let me. after clicking download button, the site is then processing, and at the bottom corner of the site, it shows, waiting for tell tale games. im not sure what the required system is required or if i have to download any other softwares before i can download this game, but the site just says, waiting for tell tale games. ill let the site run over night to see if i just have slow connection but based on that running that and me posting this thread before the site finishes processing the request, i dont think it has to do with my connection. i hope that i can enjoy this game as many others have, thank you.

oh and a suggestion. if there is a problem with a game, you should make it unavailable for the time being until you are able to fix it to prevent people from buying the game, and then unable to download the game. sometimes as humans we forget, and we might forget that we had bought this game in the first place and maybe wont be back to try and download the game. it prevents some from buying the game and wasting money forgetting about the game.im a busy guy so i just hope i dont forget about the game. i really would love to enjoy this game (wakling Dead) with lee and clemetine.

• Hi,
    i bought this game since pre-order of Steam, and i´played the chapters 1 & 2 without any problems. But, when i want to play the 3 chap. i have the walkingdead101.exe problem.

In answer to your question:
    1) i use a firewall, but that´s not the issue (i deactived it just in case, but nothing)
    2) my antivirus Avast! its not blocking the game
    3) the game doesnt work by any way: not desconecting internet, not whit compatibility, not executing as an administrator, not out from Steam.

I hope you can helpme soon!

This discussion has been closed.