User Avatar Image

Do Christa and Omid have potential?

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Do you think Christa and Omid have potential to be well liked by fans, like Carly and Doug were?

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sir Fruitcakes said: Short answer? Yes, if pulled off well.

'pulled off well' would probably have to mean A LOT of drama and dialogue.
    Thats how we come to like/hate these people right? Not so much in their words but by their actions. We have history with the others through the tense situations we all shared, I dont know how much drama they could possibly drum up for them in the final two episodes.
    I mean, I would LIKE to like them...

• I think they have a lot of potential. Omid was happy to see a friendly group and Christa is really wary. Who could hold that against her?

It will also be really interesting to see how Omid's leg will work out. It pretty surely isn't broken, otherwise there would have been no way for him to have caught up with the train, or walk in the preview to episode 4. Still, will that flesh wound infect? Bad enough to kill him? Is there a way to get him on his feet again... has Ben given all the neccessary antibiotics to the bandits... we will only know next (or so) month. :)

We have seen far to little of these two to judge yet!

• iirc; they left the motel and didnt even take the supplies with them

• @Xarne said: iirc; they left the motel and didnt even take the supplies with them

Which was just dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb!

• putting those two together; I think we know who Ep 4's first casualty will be

• Going from what I saw of Omid's personality and the preview, I'll honestly be shocked if he survives the next episode, let alone do anything worthwhile. I'm a bit more undecided about Christa, I think she can take care of herself for now, but who knows what'll happen when Omid dies, and she also doesn't seem to work well in groups.

• Why's that? Omid and Christa have survived out there just as long as Lee and his group have.

• In the preview, Omid's leg looks worse and Christa even says that if his leg gets any worse he'll have to be carried, so I don't think he'll recover.

• @Phoenix VII said: In the preview, Omid's leg looks worse and Christa even says that if his leg gets any worse he'll have to be carried, so I don't think he'll recover.

The preview for e3 showed Omid and Christa (before any of us knew who they where) fighting walkers in a.....well it kinda looked like the train station. Omid had a bandage on his injured leg and was still killing walkers.

My point is that these previews don't mean anything. For all we know it was not Omid that Christa went back for but rather the contest winner who got bit. The same contest winner is on the couch about to turn.

• @Mr.Happy said: Carley and Lilly were loved because they are able bodied young women who were at times stereotypically feminine. Lilly was at heart a scared little child around (and in the absence of) her dad and Carley reverted to the mental state of a five year old when forced to deal with those complicated mechanical thingies. Their willingness to please men in this way made them likeable "well-mannered" girls, instead of potentially threathening "ill-mannered" women.

Your being kind of assumptious, ill tell you now (I Am not afraid of Ill-Mannered woman!) I didn't save Carley over Doug because shes "Steriotypically Feminine", I Saved her because she saved me, and honestly, do you think Doug would have liked to be saved? I remember when I saved him instead he seriously said "I just kind of wish you would have saved her." implying he didn't want her to die in his place, and I most definitely didn't like Carley for your reason either, that battery thing Could be steriotypical, I don't know about it though. As for lily? She seemed like a "Scared Child" because she was constantly afraid her father was going to die, had the most un-enjoyable tasks put on Her desk, (Distributing Rations, for example) Had to constantly put up with Kennys arguments over power and how hes going to leave, not to mention in her own words she was being made out to be a dictator (Or Nazi, as she put it). and then after all her work to ensure her father survives, the meatlocker arrives and while she is so frantically trying to calm her father down, he has his final heart attack. TLDR: Not all people who liked Carley liked her for your single reason and Lily was scared for a damn good reason, Larrys fate is a Great example of that.

@Mr.Happy said: Omid and Christa on the other hand don't fit so well into the chauvinist natural order of things. Omid is obviously weaker both mentally and physically than the "boy arsed" Christa. He's shorter, less sharp, more cowardly, has an embarassing macho hobby, can't take nagging, acts like a child in the train and now even walks with a limp. At the end of the ep 4 trailer he seems to have lost the use of his bum leg entirely. Since Christa is so strongly placed into the caretaker role and Omid seems to be getting more and more helpless as the story progresses, their relationship is too much like a relationship between a whining child and a mother. The fact that Crista is probably pregnant and so keen in mothering Clementine (and Lee) only makes her more dangerously maternal.

You really don't like Omid man, History isn't a embarassing hobby, Its actually a very fair hobby, what you said is like saying "Going to school is a embarassing hobby.". Physically? probably yeah, Mentally? I disagree, The apocalypse doesn't seem to have hit him as hard as everyone else, he seems happy all the time, its not a bad thing--its actually good. Christa seems like a very protective person, but once again that is a good trait to have in a group, she probably just has problems in groups because she doesn't like people nosing about her business and shes got somewhat of a attitude--not too rude if you ask me, she always makes a point. Christa and Omids relationship really shouldn't factor in too much in your hate for them, its not that uncommon. as for the patriotic bit you mentioned, Omid went on a road trip, you don't have to be a patriot to do that, nor do you have to be a patriot to love a countries history, I am american and I love scandinavian history, does that mean I am a scandinavian patriot? No, I also like American history alot, does that make me a american patriot? still no.

@Mr.Happy said: So no, I doubt they'll be popular. As far as I know, weak men who are in the tow of their mothering spouses aren't all that common or liked in games. Generally maternal characters are only praised as villains. Christa will also be disliked since she "replaces" the two girly girls.

This post kind of bothered me--you see your being quiet judgmental here when we've only seen them for a qaurter of a episode...and Omid saved Lee, so whos to say he was lieing when he said he saved Christa afew times?
    I don't dislike Christa for something so ridiculous, I see her as a completely new character which may factor into that, I Don't see her as the replacement for Lily or Carley.

@Mr.Happy said: 'pulled off well' would probably have to mean A LOT of drama and dialogue.
    Thats how we come to like/hate these people right? Not so much in their words but by their actions. We have history with the others through the tense situations we all shared, I dont know how much drama they could possibly drum up for them in the final two episodes.
    I mean, I would LIKE to like them...

Episode 1 was a hour, episode 2 was a hour and a half? and episode 3 was like 2 hours? They seem to be getting progressively longer and ill be slightly disappointed if ep4 is anything less than longer than 3. I don't agree with you on the drama bit, but the dialogue bit is a given, afterall what game makes you care about a character that is not your main character without any form of dialogue? even text? I think that we don't have to have more than 2 episodes to get attached as long as its done well, although I won't get so attached to feel anything but surprise due to my nature when I play games.

I feel like I already like Omid/Christa quiet alot--this coming from someone who has no ill feelings towards Ben either.

@Mr.Happy said: Which was just dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb!

Blame Kenny for that one, he rushed Lily into leaving, who knows maybe her next course of action Was to get the supplies. Keep in mind I love Kenny but He shouldn't have been so fast in that scene to try to leave Lily, But who knows maybe if he wasn't they would have gotten shot and died.

Add Comment