User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cyreen said: Seriously? She deadpanned Clem and smiled at her dad! As for the rest...

"Throw'em to the walkers" *yells*

"Are you okay?" *simpers*

"What the hell were you thinking?" *yells*

"You're a real piece of crap"

and she says the last one, whether you're her "friend" or not, the minute you try to defuse the situation by taking the blame. At best she's bipolar, even before her father died.

Maybe that's because you weren't treating her good as well? You should see how Kenny treats you when you're bad to him.

• @Cyreen said: Seriously? She deadpanned Clem and smiled at her dad! As for the rest...

"Throw'em to the walkers" *yells*

"Are you okay?" *simpers*

"What the hell were you thinking?" *yells*

"You're a real piece of crap"

and she says the last one, whether you're her "friend" or not, the minute you try to defuse the situation by taking the blame. At best she's bipolar, even before her father died.

Having seen the scene again, I see your point, my mistake.

As for the throw them to the walkers and what the hell do you think your doing--I never agreed with Lily until the stolen car supplies, and after episode 2 kind of went against Kenny, as for the last one, it's "I know your capable of being a real piece of shit, But I know it wasn't you, not with her in your life", and it was a heated debate that led to this so its not very fair, friend or not.

Do keep it mind I don't agree with what lily was trying to do and after that point i'm not Upset shes gone, hah although the game did seem much more interesting when she was around, maybe something will change in EP4, I can only wait and see.

• @YamiRaziel said: Maybe that's because you weren't treating her good as well? You should see how Kenny treats you when you're bad to him.

I wasn't kissing anyone's ass, I make decisions based on the situation. I helped Lilly in the meat locker.

• @Cyreen said: I wasn't kissing anyone's ass, I make decisions based on the situation. I helped Lilly in the meat locker.

And she treated you with distrust?

• Her tone was moderately better overall, but Lee was still "a piece of crap" if he tried deflect blame. Their motivation may be different, but ultimately Kenny and Lilly are very much alike.

• @Cyreen said: Her tone was moderately better overall, but Lee was still "a piece of crap" if he tried deflect blame. Their motivation may be different, but ultimately Kenny and Lilly are very much alike.

I fail to see any similarities.

As for "a piece of crap" maybe the meat locker scene isn't the only thing she takes into account. I didn't really try to blame it on me so I don't know if she would call me that.

• @YamiRaziel said: I fail to see any similarities.

I know. At the very least, consider that they both operate from fear.

• @Cyreen said: I know. At the very least, consider that they both operate from fear.

The thing is that we do not exactly agree as to what person Lilly exactly is. The way you see her might be similar to Kenny, but the way I see her has nothing in common with him.
    I find more similarities between her and Rick, than her and Kenny.

• @YamiRaziel said: I find more similarities between her and Rick...

You mean the guy who said, "You kill, you die", that guy? I think Rick would have been more sympathetic with Kenny's decision in the meat locker than he would have been with Lilly shooting Carley in the face.

• @YamiRaziel said: I fail to see any similarities.

As for "a piece of crap" maybe the meat locker scene isn't the only thing she takes into account. I didn't really try to blame it on me so I don't know if she would call me that.

They both operate with this 'in my corner or FU' mentality (but thats game design more than character design)
    They both are take-charge; pro active type people; neither is very passive
    Heres the gem though and pretty much undeniable:
    Lilly is looking out for the group.
    Kenny is looking out for his family and mad as hell when you arent doing the same.
    One is truly selfless but has the charm of a broken chainsaw; the other is the epitome of selfishness but dons the 'for MY FAMILY' armor to keep an honorable face to his self-centered deeds.
    But hey, Kenny is still my boy

Add Comment