User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 15.3K users

Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GODshippo-transparent-20.png

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Giant Tope said: Obsidian's Project Eternity. Brought to you by folks like Chris Avelone, Tim Cane, and Josh Sawyer. I think Rather Dashing is having brain spasms.

Damn, they're getting kickstarted and still hogtie their supporters to Steam?!? That's borderline perverted. They can forget my money, that's for sure. I'll probably have enough of isometry after SR:R anyway. ;)

PayPal's possible for Broken Sword now - that's where my money goes.

• @Vainamoinen said: Damn, they're getting kickstarted and still hogtie their supporters to Steam?!? That's borderline perverted. They can forget my money, that's for sure. I'll probably have enough of isometry after SR:R anyway. ;)

I'd keep my eyes on it. The DRM topic is a MAJOR contention in their comments, and while for this particular set of people I'm willing to put aside my issues with funding a game that is locked into Steam, this is not true for a large enough portion of their audience that I would not be surprised to see a revision to that in the future.

I'll keep you updated. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

And I thank you for it. ;)

• I think that $10,000 + $30 shipping is pretty funny.

• I wish I had $10,000... because not only do I really want this game to get made, I could just drive over there. So I wouldn't have to spend extra on travel.

• @Vainamoinen said: And I thank you for it. ;)

FAQ altered less than 1 hour ago:

@Vainamoinen said: How will I get my digital copy of the game?

We are still exploring the idea of offering number of options, but one of those is definitely going to be Steam.

Less than a day in, and "exploring options" is already there. I expect "DRM-free" in less than a week, and would honestly be downright shocked if I didn't see it show up by the end of the campaign.

• This is the absolute best possible news for the RPG genre. :D

I would still give money to this if they made me walk barefoot through a pit of rusty nails and broken glass to retrieve my copy, so Steam is not going to be a deal-breaker for me. Still, I doubt they will maintain it as the only option as the campaign goes on.

• @Vainamoinen said: PayPal's possible for Broken Sword now - that's where my money goes.

Just so you know, a PayPal option has been confirmed as being forthcoming. My guess is they'll put it up after we hit the goal, which is happening sooner rather than later(we're at 52% 7 hours after it went up).

Add Comment