User Avatar Image

Episode 3, Things that don't add up.

posted by MichaCHOW on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

Detective Mode:You go on a simple hunt for chalk and find medicine for people who aren't even sick. Bandits are supposed to pick up the meds in broad daylight? Episode 2 Carley/Doug spots Danny and Andy in an instant when they're freaking out over being infected.

Shooting:Then there's the gunfire, okay so you got two people shooting semi-auto guns at bandits and walkers. And there's apparently tons of bandits in the woods shooting way more guns, but the walkers want you instead? And when the walker goes after Kat and Duck, clearly it doesn't bite duck where they show him getting bit.

Roadside confrontation: In any real life situation I doubt people are going to go crazy and shoot someone over stolen medicine. "You have til' three", what happens at three? She didn't have a gun in her hand when she was about to start counting. And it seemed like Ben was about to admit he did it before Kenny hits a walker. About that, how do you hit a walker in the street like that? He clearly had headlights and was paying attention to the road. The random accusations in the RV as well, "I've had my suspicions", okay why?

Tanker Problem: Clearly the tanker was in the way, but when you cut it down, there's no way that the tanker magically moved out of the way, or wasn't damaged and leaked, with probable explosion.

I don't know, I paid attention to this episode after I was upset that nothing seemed to be going in any right direction for the characters/story. So I stared at it for every possible scenario that didn't make sense to me.

Honestly, people argue that "in a real life situation" and stuff like that, yeah well it's a game. It's a fantasy land.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @8Bit_System said: The Walker was definitely not dead (erm... you know what I mean). He actively throws Katjaa and Duck to the ground and struggles with them before getting shot.

The walker was dead before it could complete it's bite on Duck.

• So you are basically saying that Duck was actually bitten in episode 1 and it took three and a half months for him to turn?

• @8Bit_System said: So you are basically saying that Duck was actually bitten in episode 1 and it took three and a half months for him to turn?

Whoops, sorry I thought we were talking about Episode 3.
    Oh wait, we are...and Duck wasnt bitten in Ep1, he had walker remains blown out over him.

• Ok, so if Duck was bitten neither in episode 1 nor in episode 3, who bit him then? Ben?

• Who's on first? What's on second?

I think what Xarne is saying is that Duck wasn't bitten by the walker until after he was shot and that it was the weight of the falling body that broke Duck's skin with the walker's teeth. It's possible, but I think that even if Katjaa wasn't fighting back yet, that walker was dealing with a very wiggly little kid and when he tried to bite him, Duck reacted and flinched back before the walker got a good chunk.

• @8Bit_System said: Ok, so if Duck was bitten neither in episode 1 nor in episode 3, who bit him then? Ben?

Ya. It was clearly Ben...you did read post #30, ya?
    Where did I say Duck was never bit?

• Sure I read that, I just don't see any logic in it.

He had clear bite marks, I boldly state that these are impossible to achieve, while falling on someone from about 30 centimeters and through a t-shirt. Sorry, no way dudes.

• You dont see how someone can bite hard enough through a t-shirt to leave bite marks, but not tear the cloth itself? Well, thats a life experience you'll need to discover for yourself my friend. And just like the scenario with Duck, just cause *you* dont believe in it, doesnt mean it didnt or cant happen.

• @Xarne said: You dont see how someone can bite hard enough through a t-shirt to leave bite marks, but not tear the cloth itself? Well, thats a life experience you'll need to discover for yourself my friend. And just like the scenario with Duck, just cause *you* dont believe in it, doesnt mean it didnt or cant happen.

You said the walker was dead... how could he bite? He would have to fall with his teeth onto the shirt and penetrate it enough to also penetrate Duck's skin.

Are you trying to be funny there? Bullshit yourself if you must... my friend!

• @8Bit_System said: You said the walker was dead... how could he bite? He would have to fall with his teeth onto the shirt and penetrate it enough to also penetrate Duck's skin.

Are you trying to be funny there? Bullshit yourself if you must... my friend!

...I didnt think I had to merge both posts into one massive collage, especially since it's only my opinion, not canon and doesnt matter but let me spell it all out one last time:
    (live)walker grabs Duck,(live) walker locks in,(live) walker teeth are in place, (live) walker gets shot,(dead) walker jaw muscles release around Duck leaving bite indentations, rather than completing the task.
    I cant get any more slow motion than that, Im sorry you're getting lost in the Ep 1 and 3 shuffle and that you refuse to acknowledge Duck didnt get a bite, but he did, it was in Ep 3 and it wasnt Ben, it was the same walker in your pics. See pic #4 and #5, yep, that's him.
    No I wasnt trying to be funny at all.

Add Comment