User Avatar Image

How do you feel about zombies, in general?

posted by CoiCki on - last edited - Viewed by 224 users

As far as the fiction goes, I feel kind of sad of the idea of a zombie.
Losing everything you are and becoming a mere empty husk that only exists to feed on anything living, until decaying too much to move.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Master of Aeons said: Zombies are the perfect metaphor for the onset of death. A shambling, ever present monster that you can easily outmaneuver but never be rid of. You eventually grow weary and succumb.

That, to me, holds more weight than most other legends.

On the nose. To me, what makes zombies scare is that there's a certain sense of inevitability about them. You know that eventually they'll always catch up to you. They're like a force of nature that eats you alive.

• Demons are a WHOLE lot scarier than zombies. They possess your ass. Also, haunted houses? Those are demons, not troubled spirits or that bullshit.

• @Noname215 said: Demons are a WHOLE lot scarier than zombies. They possess your ass. Also, haunted houses? Those are demons, not troubled spirits or that bullshit.

Yeah, I prefer demons. But they may be too magical/religious for some people. The best demons were in Silent Hill/Jacob's Ladder.

• I'm sticking with zombies being the embodiment of human paranoia; the faceless masses of "them" versus "us". I think they are the most intriguing of monsters, because they are basically us, we're it.

• Not that scary to me. I think I agree that demons can be more frightening.

Vampires and werewolves can be good too unless they're given the, um, "Hollywood Treatment" in which the plots play out more like an action flick rather than a horror movie.

• Two things:
    1) Unthinking- Truly 'fearless' they will stop at literally nothing to get their teeth into you
    2) Sheer Mass- The truly scary aspect of the ZA. Every single human death is a gain for their side

• I've hated the ideas of zombies ever since I watched a friend of mine's dad play resident Evil 1 on the Playstation. That cut-scene reveal of the first zombie haunted my 8 year old self.

I've sort of lulled myself into believing they wouldn't be a big of a threat as they seem, mainly because of mainstream media, but if it were ever to happen in real life I don't know how I'd handle it when you look at all the things other people have been posting.

• The whole zombie-area bores me. Same shit over decades. Hundrerds of movies films games etc... never anything clever about it. Thanks that TDW doesn't focus on the zombie apocalypse that much. Sure you see a zombie every now and then but mostly it's about the interaction between people.

I find the topic zombies rather worn-out and boring.

• @dubesor said: The whole zombie-area bores me. Same shit over decades. Hundrerds of movies films games etc... never anything clever about it. Thanks that TDW doesn't focus on the zombie apocalypse that much. Sure you see a zombie every now and then but mostly it's about the interaction between people.

I find the topic zombies rather worn-out and boring.

That's my take on it. Really, zombies are the un-scariest monster around, simply because of their lack of speed. Like Zombieland said, once you get over the initial shock of dead people walking, its really all about the cardio.
    It was the stories/dark theme going on in the comics that really sparked my interest in them again

• Yeah, zombies are totally the least scary.

Now, picture a werewolf from the Old World of Darkness setting... heavy as a steamroller, feared even by vampires, immune to all that vampire magic and stuff. Could probably take down at least 100 zombies at once.

Add Comment