User Avatar Image

Would you leave Lilly if she had killed Ben?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

If, instead of Carley or Doug, Ben was killed would you leave Lilly by the road or taker her with you?

189 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had to verify that quote was actually mine, I didnt know I let more than 5 words pass between using 'the word which shall not be mentioned'

• @Xarne said: I like this guy already, good post

You agreed with this part of the post too?

@Xarne said: Lily was just a bad egg, she was going insane and had to be taken care of. Giving away supplies is traitorous but it is not murder. The situation could have been handled later on maybe on the way to Savannah or before they got on the train.

• @Cyreen said: Would you really have done EP3 the same way as Lilly, in her shoes?

I'd hope not but I honestly don't know what my state of mind would be if I had seen a group member/s kill my father,only a week ago, when I genuinely thought he had a chance.Hopefully not but I fear that Kenny (and Lee) may of not left the St john's farm if they had done that to my father.Frankly I admire Lilly's restraint that day.
    Ep 3 was a tragedy for everyone and I just can't see Lilly as the evil and psychopathic harpy that some do.I had sympathy for her and thus she at least deserved a chance to atone.

• @Eric Northman said: Do you really think of Ben as a traitor? In his own way he was trying to save the group. The bandits wouldn't have just left everyone alone if they weren't getting something in return. In actuality he bought the group time to finsh repairing the RV.

The wall was capable of buying time just as well since the bandits attacked before and failed. Had Ben told the rest of the group or at least Lee right after the bandits confronted him then the rest of the group could have decided between buying more time with the deal or preparing for further attacks, either way the group would've been able to deal with the situation much better than they did. Instead Ben went behind the group to give the bandits medicine, when he doesn't even know how important they might be to the group and lets the 4 bandits storm into the motel without the slightest warning, and if Lee and Lilly were with the rest of the group at the time then there's a good chance that Ben's stupidity would've cost the group all their lives as opposed to "only" half of them.

And Ben didn't do what he did for the group, if you talk to him on the train he'll say that the bandits told him they had his friends and by the time he realized they were lying it was too late. The monumental stupidity that Ben demonstrated in the first part of Ep. 3 doesn't make him bad but it does make him a severe liability, and IMO, someone that no ZA group interested in survival should think twice about dumping. Death toll for Lee's group right now is, Walkers-1, St. Johns-2, and Ben-3...like I said before, it's not just that I'm angry at Ben, the kid f-ing scares me.

• @Cyreen said: You agreed with this part of the post too?

Originally Posted by Calamitymlc
    Lily was just a bad egg, she was going insane and had to be taken care of. Giving away supplies is traitorous but it is not murder. The situation could have been handled later on maybe on the way to Savannah or before they got on the train.

I do. What I dont understand* is why two grown ass men couldnt have overpowered 1 woman with a gun and redirected that entire scenario.

*-Canon is a bitch

• Lilly had no more proof of Bens guilt than of Carely's. Guilty or not, at that point Lilly was a loose cannon.

• @Xarne said: I do. What I dont understand* is why two grown ass men couldnt have overpowered 1 woman with a gun and redirected that entire scenario.

So Ben's crime doesn't warrant a death sentence?

As for redirecting Lilly, she stood facing everyone. The only person closest to her was Lee and he had his back turned to her as Kenny approached and she drew her gun. Kenny might have been able to yank Ben or Carley back and down if he's been more aware, but it's didn't work so well for Dougie when he tried.

• @Cyreen said: So Ben's crime doesn't warrant a death sentence?

As for redirecting Lilly, she stood facing everyone. The only person closest to her was Lee and he had his back turned to her as Kenny approached and she drew her gun. Kenny might have been able to yank Ben or Carley back and down if he's been more aware, but it's didn't work so well for Dougie when he tried.

It doesnt. I thought we buried this hatchet? :)

They couldnt have overpowered Lily cause TTG needed that scene to act as the catalyst to get her out of the story, one way or the other

• @Xarne said: It doesnt. I thought we buried this hatchet? :)

I buried the hatchet and you FOXNEWS'd it. Just confirming. :p

• @Xarne said: Originally Posted by Calamitymlc
    Lily was just a bad egg, she was going insane and had to be taken care of. Giving away supplies is traitorous but it is not murder. The situation could have been handled later on maybe on the way to Savannah or before they got on the train.

I do. What I dont understand* is why two grown ass men couldnt have overpowered 1 woman with a gun and redirected that entire scenario.

*-Canon is a bitch

My post goes to both Calamitymlc and Xarne.
    Let me get this straight. You kill Lilly's dad/or let Kenny gets unpunished for doing it, you watch her get traumatized and you call her a bad egg that must be taken care of ?

So, I go back in ep. 1 go blow Duck's head off because he could've been bitten, then as I watch Kenny lose it because of the death of his son, I declare him a bad egg and say that he must be taken care of?
    I mean... seriously?

Add Comment