User Avatar Image

Episode 3, Things that don't add up.

posted by MichaCHOW on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Detective Mode:You go on a simple hunt for chalk and find medicine for people who aren't even sick. Bandits are supposed to pick up the meds in broad daylight? Episode 2 Carley/Doug spots Danny and Andy in an instant when they're freaking out over being infected.

Shooting:Then there's the gunfire, okay so you got two people shooting semi-auto guns at bandits and walkers. And there's apparently tons of bandits in the woods shooting way more guns, but the walkers want you instead? And when the walker goes after Kat and Duck, clearly it doesn't bite duck where they show him getting bit.

Roadside confrontation: In any real life situation I doubt people are going to go crazy and shoot someone over stolen medicine. "You have til' three", what happens at three? She didn't have a gun in her hand when she was about to start counting. And it seemed like Ben was about to admit he did it before Kenny hits a walker. About that, how do you hit a walker in the street like that? He clearly had headlights and was paying attention to the road. The random accusations in the RV as well, "I've had my suspicions", okay why?

Tanker Problem: Clearly the tanker was in the way, but when you cut it down, there's no way that the tanker magically moved out of the way, or wasn't damaged and leaked, with probable explosion.

I don't know, I paid attention to this episode after I was upset that nothing seemed to be going in any right direction for the characters/story. So I stared at it for every possible scenario that didn't make sense to me.

Honestly, people argue that "in a real life situation" and stuff like that, yeah well it's a game. It's a fantasy land.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cool, as you weren't.

I did at last get what you were trying to say, but I still have to disagree and still say it's a - let's say - strange idea. No big deal though, as long as we got each other, we can agree to disagree and move on. :)

• @8Bit_System said:

There are a few things here that don't add up for me. One would be the Walker's behavior, why did the other bandits totally ignore the Walker, but most importantly, why didn't Katjaa and Duck move when Lee told them too?

Thanks. Pictures helped. I thought when I downed that bandit that he reanimated and attacked Kat and Duck. I was not sure if I scored a head shot on that bandit or not. Looks like I did. It was justthe same walker that took out the bandit by the entrance all along.

As to your questions:

Those bandits were not the brightest stars in the sky. I figure a combination of drugs, being morons and their leader being capped by Lilly contributed to their uncoordinated fire. Remember your 4 F's of a fire fight (find, fix, flank, finish).

As for Kat, I don't know maybe combat paralysis? People handle being shot at differently. Maybe she saw a threat from her vantage point that Lee did not. I recall Carley was taking out Bandits at the other end of the RV. Maybe it was after those bandits fell that Kat moved.

• @Kiel555 said: Thanks. Pictures helped. I thought when I downed that bandit that he reanimated and attacked Kat and Duck. I was not sure if I scored a head shot on that bandit or not. Looks like I did. It was justthe same walker that took out the bandit by the entrance all along.

You sure did, and you're welcome.

@Kiel555 said: As to your questions:

Those bandits were not the brightest stars in the sky. I figure a combination of drugs, being morons and their leader being capped by Lilly contributed to their uncoordinated fire. Remember your 4 F's of a fire fight (find, fix, flank, finish).
    Haha, true... but didn't you fucking forget a fifth F there? (find, fix, flank, finish, fuck)redsmiley01.png

@Kiel555 said: As for Kat, I don't know maybe combat paralysis? People handle being shot at differently. Maybe she saw a threat from her vantage point that Lee did not. I recall Carley was taking out Bandits at the other end of the RV. Maybe it was after those bandits fell that Kat moved.
    I thought about that too of course, and I guess you are right. In that case though, Katjaa is responsible for Duck's death... we all know how she dealt with it.

• One thing about why the zombie goes after Kat and Duck even though they ate the girl at 3's start:

All zombies prefer moving prey. A zombie can be eating anything and it will ignore it to chase something smaller, better armed, whatever. We see this throughout the series. Why does it eat the girl, then? Because there was nothing to distract them. The ones in front of the girl eat her, and if you shot the gun, then every zombie without a mouthful comes after the sound.

For my last point: how did that walker bite Duck? Well the answer to that one is - HEY LOOK OVER THERE!

• @Master of Aeons said: ... All zombies prefer moving prey. A zombie can be eating anything and it will ignore it to chase something smaller, better armed, whatever. We see this throughout the series. Why does it eat the girl, then? Because there was nothing to distract them. The ones in front of the girl eat her, and if you shot the gun, then every zombie without a mouthful comes after the sound. ...

That walker couldn't see any moving prey, as was clearly shown by the screenshots. ;)

• @8Bit_System said: That walker couldn't see any moving prey, as was clearly shown by the screenshots. ;)

Sure, but Guts and the comic equivalent tell you they work off smell too.

• Moving in circles I guess (shhhh... Cyreen will smell us soon).

In my opinion it should find some interest in the very warm bandit corpse along his way. But whatever... (she will come for us...)

Let's part quickly and in friendship, we might need it. redsmiley01.png

• Ohhhh I get it now:
    "But she got shot in the cheek!! Clearly she's still alive"
    Yeah, no. Just like Carley, Duck is dead. Can argue the logistics of a walker bite until blue in the face- he got bit, he's dead. That's that.

• @Dead_Man_Walking said:
    The Chalk: What was the point of that? One "X" on a wall and some smashed chalk under the dumpster? Huh? :confused: Was Ben marking the building, or something? Why? They already shot the crap out of it with bullets and arrows. I'm pretty sure they knew what motor inn they were at (Considering I didn't see another one). Besides, where did they get the chalk? I've never seen a pharmacy carry sticks of chalk before. :p

It was to mark that it was time for the deal, thats what the X was for, it was recently made, Ben went over after storing the meds and marked that X so the bandits could peek over, see it, and move to take the drugs.

• @Dead_Man_Walking said:
    Gear: Even Christa and Omid struck me as odd, walking around with nothing to their names...

Haven't you been paying attention? Really BIG back pockets. Lee can fit an axe in his with spare room for a plank of wood and rope.

@Dead_Man_Walking said: shhhh... Cyreen will smell us soon.

SmileyfromEvilErnie-1.gif

Add Comment