User Avatar Image

"fill out our online questionnaire"....

posted by loxlie on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

RE the new email, with its bizarrely conventional invitational to give our "views"...

Particularly our "views" on what exact phrases should best sum up the forthcoming S+M season...

Does anyone else find this as profoundly disturbing as I do? I'm a little drunk, admittedly*, but why the arse are we being asked our opinion of what exact phrases would be most compelling to part with our pennies? I mean...

Well, I'm quite lost for words here. Am I overreacting? To the temeritous point, is it tolerable for Telltale to be trebucheting trite telemarketing towards our teased and taunted tremultuations?

I say no. Twice and thrice no! Not right at all. Fire the consultants. With fire. Max would and should be dismayed, and (at last, appropriately) violently vengeful.

Or possibly that was a glorious parody designed specifically for arses like me to get all riled up. Please let that be so... Pleasey please....

*Actually, I'm an absurdly tall drunk, but still, I think my point stands, like me - precariously yet peculiarly proudly...

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @avistew said: Nice to see other people have "their" colours. I've always felt a bit... different because of that.
    Not that being different is a bad thing of course.

Trust me, if having "my own" color was the weirdest thing about me, I'd feel disturbingly normal. Not that I go out of my way to be different or anything, but let's just say that my friends and family tend to say, "but that's why we like you!" to me. And laugh at things I say for no apparent reason and tell me I'm "cute". (Although other people must stamp their foot when they're angry or why else did that become a cliche in the first place?)

@avistew said:
    Also, Mum always dressed my littlest brother in red when he was very young. We lived on a farm and he had a tendency to go wandering off, so bright red clothes made him easier to find again. :)

We would just use a baby-leash on my brother, but that was mostly when we'd go out shopping or traveling or something.

And incidentally, I am utterly jealous of both of you. I wish I could have had three little brothers ... or ten. :(

• I must admit sometimes I wonder if in Telltale the people wonders about the stuff we talk here. Then, I remember we are Sam and Max Fans, this is not the first time and probably in Telltale are as random as we are.

I just wanted to share it guys

• @LikaLaruku said: "Epic comedy saga" made me think of the Serious Sam series, so I chose "gamings greatest sitcom" since it's like an interactive cartoon.

I picked "Adventure Game".
    I just hate big words without any meaning what-so-ever. Stick to the point, please...

• @Lena_P said: Trust me, if having "my own" color was the weirdest thing about me, I'd feel disturbingly normal.

Oh, many major things about me are different, but I've always felt fine with them. Weirdly, it's the small details that make you do a double-take because you had never realised it wasn't the same for everyone, you know what I mean?

@Lena_P said: And incidentally, I am utterly jealous of both of you. I wish I could have had three little brothers ... or ten. :(

I only had one little brother... and I wish I could have given you all of my brothers :P

• @avistew said: Oh, many major things about me are different, but I've always felt fine with them. Weirdly, it's the small details that make you do a double-take because you had never realised it wasn't the same for everyone, you know what I mean?

I think I get ya. But I always loved being around people who were "different" from me as a kid. Right off the bat my brother and I are are very, very different from one another (which made sharing things waay easier since we didn't like the same stuff anyhoo), and I liked having friends who were different from me. You learn about more cool stuff that way. Then again my friends were so different from each other they couldn't stand each other, so I guess you can be too different ...

@avistew said: I only had one little brother... and I wish I could have given you all of my brothers :P

Oh. Forget that then. I only wanted younger siblings, not older. I've gotta be the eldest or forget it.

• I've had some problems with e-mail lately (old email address - broken, recently made a new email address).

So can I just clarify that this is the questionnaire that we're all talking about?

• @Butterscotch-Biros said: I've had some problems with e-mail lately (old email address - broken, recently made a new email address).

So can I just clarify that this is the questionnaire that we're all talking about?

yes

• @Lena_P said: Oh. Forget that then. I only wanted younger siblings, not older. I've gotta be the eldest or forget it.

Well, just because they're older than me doesn't mean they're older than you. If you're older than me that is. I have no clue how old you are.
    But I just realised I had misplaced the receipt anyways, so you're right, let's forget it.

• So, yes...
    TellTale are taking on a lot of commercial franchises - mostly successfully I think. All good. But the popular choosing of S+M marketing phrases was still pretty daft I think...

Add Comment