User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cyreen said: So, it's the motor inn and certain death or the fear of the unknown... ?

Seems like a pretty obvious choice.

I don't necessarily see it as certain death. Had Ben informed the camp about the bandits we could've dealt with them.

• As evidenced by the arrows in the perimeter fence? What Ben did was incredibly stupid, but it probably bought them a few days grace. Lilly would never have agreed to deal with the bandits and the bandits wouldn't have left them alone otherwise. They were outgunned and it was just a matter of time.

• @Web Head said: killers arern't tolerated, what part of "not tolerated" don't you understand lol?

Lee?

• @Cyreen said: As evidenced by the arrows in the perimeter fence? What Ben did was incredibly stupid, but it probably bought them a few days grace. Lilly would never have agreed to deal with the bandits and the bandits wouldn't have left them alone otherwise. They were outgunned and it was just a matter of time.

A few arrows in a fence equals outgunned?

• @Cyreen said: As evidenced by the arrows in the perimeter fence? What Ben did was incredibly stupid, but it probably bought them a few days grace. Lilly would never have agreed to deal with the bandits and the bandits wouldn't have left them alone otherwise. They were outgunned and it was just a matter of time.

I've always accepted them as a bunch of idiots. Most of them can't even use a gun properly. Their strength is in numbers but we are not sure how many of them are there.
    Rick spent a lot of time in that state and he never met them. I guess they aren't as organized and as powerful as you make them to be.
    Look what Lee, Lilly and Carley (if you have her) did to them. They didn't even understand what hit them.
    With a little recon and strategy (Lilly worked in the Air Force so he might have some knowledge even if she's not an expert) their days would be numbered.
    Plus I'm not convinced they have as much firepower as you apparently think. They're mostly using bows and arrows.

• They don't have to be organized, they just have to have the numbers and guns. They very definitely outnumbered 5 adults and 3 kids and our group weren't a bunch of sharp shooters either. Lilly was administrative Air Force (ooh scary!), she could shoot and so could Carley, however Kenny was right, the bandits could come in the middle the night and they'd all be dead. As it was, they came in broad daylight and had the entire group down on their knees. The motor inn was begging to fall. It was fine against walkers, but otherwise they were screwed.

• It was a defensible position.

Apparently one way in, and a second story for better coverage and defense.

Edit: They just didn't set it up right.....

• And yet Jolene stole a ball cap.

• I said defensible, I didn't say secure.

• @Cyreen said: They don't have to be organized, they just have to have the numbers and guns. They very definitely outnumbered 5 adults and 3 kids and our group weren't a bunch of sharp shooters either. Lilly was administrative Air Force (ooh scary!), she could shoot and so could Carley, however Kenny was right, the bandits could come in the middle the night and they'd all be dead. As it was, they came in broad daylight and had the entire group down on their knees. The motor inn was begging to fall. It was fine against walkers, but otherwise they were screwed.

Ben was on watch.. that's why he says sorry, when they pack into the RV.
    If Lilly was on watch that would never happen. In ep. 2 she hears/notices Lee and the injured teacher like 30 seconds before they actually become visible.

She might have been only administrative Air Force but I'm sure being around such people had taught her things. As I said, I'm not saying she's professional but we can bet she will be better than let's say Ben... or Kenny (if we consider his way of saving his family in ep. 2).

Add Comment