User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If I were a bandit, I would have picked the sentry right out of their lawn chair from the tree line. I suspect seeing Ben, they weren't all that worried, but seeing as Lilly's the one who put him there...

• @Cyreen said: If I were a bandit, I would have picked the sentry right out of their lawn chair from the tree line. I suspect seeing Ben, they weren't all that worried, but seeing as Lilly's the one who put him there...

What do you mean with "picked the sentry right out of their lawn chair form the tree line"? You mean like shoot them from the forest? I've never seen them use sniper rifles, so I don't think they have any.

As for Ben being on watch, I would say that things were quiet for the last couple of days. I guess Lilly decided Ben has to learn to be responsible too. She can't be everywhere.
    Had she known about his deal with them, she would have acted differently.
    Why didn't Lilly put Carley on watch? I guess she didn't trust her enough and there is really nobody else but Ben.

• Well that RV was definitely within an arrow's range of the treeline, so its pretty clear it was Ben's deal that kept them from an all out assault. Ray Charles could have been on watch and nothing would have happened.

The fact that Jolene... crazy ass Jolene could just walk right in and grab Clem's hat from within the compound- a night raid by bandits would have been a cake walk. The motel was good defense against walkers, but crappy against humans.

Thing is, those bandits...we never knew the true size of their group and worse: they knew where we sleep, we didnt have any location on them. That's ambush city right there. Ya, it was time to go- as dangerous as travel would be, they were clearly on borrowed time at the Motel. Thanks, Ben.

• @Cyreen said: And yet Jolene stole a ball cap.

Jolene's video at the end of episode 2 clearly show Clem with Lilly outside the motel. Clem probably forgot her hat outside somewhere when she was playing or drawing her pictures. Jolene saw this and most likely picked it at night when they were all sleeping inside.So its very unlikely that she actually manage to get inside the motel.

• @YamiRaziel said: What do you mean with "picked the sentry right out of their lawn chair form the tree line"? You mean like shoot them from the forest? I've never seen them use sniper rifles, so I don't think they have any.

As for Ben being on watch, I would say that things were quiet for the last couple of days. I guess Lilly decided Ben has to learn to be responsible too. She can't be everywhere.
    Had she known about his deal with them, she would have acted differently.
    Why didn't Lilly put Carley on watch? I guess she didn't trust her enough and there is really nobody else but Ben.

Actually, I believe it was just Ben's TURN for watch. In Episode 2, if you examine the fence at the motel, Lee says that Carley has been doing a good deal of the sentry work. They likely had some kind of schedule for who would be on watch and when, and it just so happened to be Ben's turn when Lee and Kenny returned.

• @FarmerJoe said: Jolene's video at the end of episode 2 clearly show Clem with Lilly outside the motel. Clem probably forgot her hat outside somewhere when she was playing or drawing her pictures. Jolene saw this and most likely picked it at night when they were all sleeping inside.So its very unlikely that she actually manage to get inside the motel.

Ahh, so Clem was playing outside of the walled in compound...the 8yr old...playing outside in walker land...

• @Rock114 said: Actually, I believe it was just Ben's TURN for watch. In Episode 2, if you examine the fence at the motel, Lee says that Carley has been doing a good deal of the sentry work. They likely had some kind of schedule for who would be on watch and when, and it just so happened to be Ben's turn when Lee and Kenny returned.

Could be. I forgot about that. Thanks :)

As for Clem, I support FarmerJoe. I doubt Jolene ever entered the motor inn. She probably picked the hat from outside.

• @YamiRaziel said: Could be. I forgot about that. Thanks :)

As for Clem, I support FarmerJoe. I doubt Jolene ever entered the motor inn. She probably picked the hat from outside.

Maybe. But, why would any of the adults let either Duck or Clem play outside the wall? There's plenty of rooms around they can do stuff in, or even in the parking lot. Why let them play with the walkers...

I don't want any of these people raising my future children

• @Rock114 said: Maybe. But, why would any of the adults let either Duck or Clem play outside the wall? There's plenty of rooms around they can do stuff in, or even in the parking lot. Why let them play with the walkers...

I don't want any of these people raising my future children

I agree with the raising kids bit but in Joleens vid we see Clem colouring outside the gate as Lee pushes a car out of the way and Lilly goes to see what she's drawing.

The thing that got me was that Clem said she lost her hat a coulpe of days ago and Lee has only just noticed?

• @Phantom Command said: I agree with the raising kids bit but in Joleens vid we see Clem colouring outside the gate as Lee pushes a car out of the way and Lilly goes to see what she's drawing.

The thing that got me was that Clem said she lost her hat a coulpe of days ago and Lee has only just noticed?

That IS a good point. Shows how much he cares...

Add Comment