User Avatar Image

the Katjja conundrum

posted by Phantom Command on - last edited - Viewed by 426 users

So when Katjja said she could not live without Duck I sort of knew what was coming, as one of my favourite characters I hoped we would be given the choice to at least try and council her though the ordeal.

So my question is –

1) Was Katjja’s decision to kill herself selfish?

I mean if she goes out alone she kills herself leaving a now doubly grieving Kenny and a post zombie Duck which Kenny will still have to deal with.
Even when they go together she kills herself in front of Kenny and her dying but still conscious son.

I would have liked it if Katjja took Duck into the woods and you hear one shot then as you and Kenny go to see them another shot rings out and you see them both dead but that’s just me.

2) How will the Duck shooting come back to bite us if we shot him or let/made Kenny do it either way I think Kenny’s story may come to an end in episode 4?

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Actually, as long as you pick any of the dialouge options but "I'll do it" when they're discussing Duck at the train, Kat goes into the woods by herself. You stay to comfort Kenny, then as you explain what's going on to Clem you hear a shot. You and Kenny walk up to the clearing to find Kat laying dead, and Duck still by the tree. It goes the same after that.

EDIT: sorry, misread the part about Kat going into the woods. Sorry!

• @Rock114 said: Actually, as long as you pick any of the dialouge options but "I'll do it" when they're discussing Duck at the train, Kat goes into the woods by herself. You stay to comfort Kenny, then as you explain what's going on to Clem you hear a shot. You and Kenny walk up to the clearing to find Kat laying dead, and Duck still by the tree. It goes the same after that.

EDIT: sorry, misread the part about Kat going into the woods. Sorry!

No apology needed, I’m a bit of a rambler so bravo on reading through all the wafflie bits

• 1) Yeah, suicide is always a selfish act. Until Kenny was dead and no one else relied on her patching up skills, she was still a vital part of a team.

2) I don't think shooting Duck will really matter. Maybe Kenny will be more despondent if he had to shoot Duck himself, but it's likely that it was just something the player should feel bad about.

• I think shooting Duck or not will affect your relationship with Kenny.

• you can leave duck 'alive' or to turn when you find kats body, and say to kenny do it but then when it says 'do it' or it'll be ok let it time out..

• @Master of Aeons said: 1) Yeah, suicide is always a selfish act.

I don't think that holds true in a zombie apocalypse, but I guess that depends on how you view Irene's death in episode one. If you know you're going to turn and kill, is suicide really selfish?

Katjaa's death was selfish in that other people needed her still, but I understand why she did it. While some people considered Katjaa passive, I thought of her as more stoic. I think she just decided "enough".

• Suicide is always selfish. "I don't want to suffer anymore", is the root idea. I don't think it's wrong, Katjaa and Irene did what I would probably want too. Doesn't make it not selfish; just makes it justifiable.

• what kat should of done is held duck close to her and put his head next to hers and then pulled the trigger on her self..

• It's easy to say what she should of done or what she could of done, reviewing it and putting our own logic into the situation. Look at it from her perspective and make the choice within a few minutes. You live in a world that your death could be seconds away in. You just found out that your lover smashed in an old guy's head in with a salt lick along with losing your one and only son. With a gun so temptingly close by and in a state of grief what would you do?

It’s not really selfish or her putting her foot down and saying “Enough is enough.” It was an impulsive move made in grief.

• but thats the thing katjaa offing her self first is selfish as she is still leaving duck #alive# and as previously stated kenny or lee has to finish it/duck and then grieve for two people...

but ttg made it more emotional by having her do it this way..

Add Comment