1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wrighty said: There was a high chance Larry was dead, and has Lee ever killed a zombie win his bare hands? I can't remember a time that happened. Also Larry is huge and they are in a very confined space. And Lilly probably wouldnt help, she would be in shock. And zombies tend you jump up when they reincarnate. Remember the first walker Lee saw? One as big as Larry, Kenny would have to throw it high and if he missed or was too weak from hunger, they are all dead. That's actually another point, when's the last time the characters eat? Kenny and Lily eat some human flesh, but Lilly threw it up. Lee didn't even get that, and he didn't eat the rations either. Imagine how weak those characters must be, they are in the worst possible shape to fight a walker, especially one like Larry.

You say with such certainty that he wasnt dead, but do you have any proof. Or is this a decision like Lilly's/Larry's in which no proof is required. :P

Killing Larry also wasn't just about Kennys family, it's about everyone! Lee, Kenny and Lilly trapped with a huge walker. They die, Duck an Kat get no help. Carley and Ben get no warning. Everyone dies. And think about t. If you kill Larry and you were wrong, 1 man dies. If you spare Larry and you are wrong, everyone dies. It's pretty simple. And I would have been happy with Kenny smashing Lee's brains out because it's the smart choice. And theres loads of reasons to have a group. Without Kenny, you would never had gotten a ride to Macon. And you'd have one less person going hunting and covering you while you cut off a guys leg. No one to fix up the RV either, so you couldnt use t to get away. Not to mention the fact that at least Kenny had the guts to come with you. Never seen Lilly leave the camp and help get supplies.

That seems to be everything, I'm going to bed. Gnight. :D

Not all walker jumps at you. In the comic book Rick notices that there are 2 types of walkers, lurkers (not sure if that was the exact name) and roamers. The roamers are constantly moving around while the lurkers are mostly staying in one place until somebody gets really close to them. So you can't know sure what zombie Larry would've been if he died. Not all of them are fast and energetic. Also the time a dead person needs to turn can vary greatly. Our characters do not know enough to say something like this as a statement.
    In ep. 3 when Duck was bitten, you spent HOURS with him. Many characters die minutes after they are bitten, but you let the kid stay into the van where everybody was. If there was an option to ask to leave him out would you have taken it? Kenny is a hypocrite! If he was so concerned about the group why didn't he remove his son earlier? Duck could've died minutes after he was bitten and reanimate before Katjaa even reacted. But it's his family so we all allow that and Larry wasn't definitely his family.

Also Lee had enough power to wrestle Andy and Kenny was even shot. If he was that weak he would've lost consciousness. I think he was overreacting when he said he can barely stand.
    Never seen Lilly go hunting? You're going to let a woman go hunting when there are man available? I've never seen Kenny being on watch but I'm not holding that against him.
    What do I care if he fixes the RV (to let his family escape) when he's never there for me when I need him. He left me for dead too many times, even when I was going to help his family. Yeah, I'm sure I will be better off without him.

• There is absolutely no sway in you regarding those two. Your blind defense of them is...admirable. I guess

I will say it is interesting how we hauled a bit Duck around for hours without taking action...actually its very hypocritical. Yes the bite was minimal, but really, that should have been a handled right then and there. I only let it go because I knew there was going to be a tearjerker moment they were saving for us, but in reality, the minute I saw those bites at the very least Kenny would have had to given me either a definite answer right then and there or an eta on how long until he dealt with it- aint no way in hell I would have said 'oh lets just keep driving until he turns?' (which is basically what they did, only the train made them stop) Hell no.

• [quote=yamiraziel;678804]you're going to let a woman go hunting when there are man available?[/quote]

Really? What century are you living in?

• @Cyreen said: ...

lol, please elaborate, I'd love to hear this

• @Cyreen said: ...

The century when biology still matters.

There is absolutely no sway in you regarding those two. Your blind defense of them is...admirable. I guess

Xarne, where you talking to me or Wrighty?

• Both of you? It seems obvious to me that the major participants in this dispute are not going to change their core opinions of the characters, at least not unless definitive proof is presented in the upcoming episodes that goes one way or the other.

Also, when have people turned within minutes of being bitten? I've only read to issue 90 in the comics and can't recall seeing anyone turn in less than several hours.

• @Rock114 said: It seems obvious to me that the major participants in this dispute are not going to change their core opinions of the characters, at least not unless definitive proof is presented in the upcoming episodes that goes one way or the other.

lol 47 pages in...I'd say thats a fair assumption.

We need some new material around here

• @YamiRaziel said: The century when biology still matters.

My grandmother could and would kick your ass for that statement.

• @Cyreen said: My grandmother could and would kick your ass for that statement.

No offense but I think you and nana are reading too much Cosmo

• @Rock114 said: Both of you? It seems obvious to me that the major participants in this dispute are not going to change their core opinions of the characters, at least not unless definitive proof is presented in the upcoming episodes that goes one way or the other.

Also, when have people turned within minutes of being bitten? I've only read to issue 90 in the comics and can't recall seeing anyone turn in less than several hours.

I can't think of any from the comic book because I read it few months ago but for example in the novel Rise of the Governor, a guy (won't say who in order not to spoil) gets bitten on the leg. He dies and turns before they can even decide whether to cut his leg or not. Also I'm absolutely positive that some comic book/TV show somebody mentions seeing a guy die and turn in like 7 min.
    I guess it depends from person to person and how severe the bite is. The point is no one can be sure when a bitten victim is going to turn exactly.

Add Comment