1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's a ZA. I don't care what a person's sexual opinion is... you got two hands? You can do anything that requires two hands.

Ain't no time for sexism, racism, religionism, or any other ism word I can make up to state my point in a ZA.

As Chuck the Killer Hobo would say... You're either alive, or you're not.

No other monikers than that. And survival is the only agenda....

• @YamiRaziel said: I can't think of any from the comic book because I read it few months ago but for example in the novel Rise of the Governor, a guy (won't say who in order not to spoil) gets bitten on the leg. He dies and turns before they can even decide whether to cut his leg or not. Also I'm absolutely positive that some comic book/TV show somebody mentions seeing a guy die and turn in like 7 min.
    I guess it depends from person to person and how severe the bite is. The point is no one can be sure when a bitten victim is going to turn exactly.

Oh, the book? I read most of that, but it didn't finish it. I'm just not a fan of Jay Bonansinga's writing style. If I remember the part you're talking about, that's near the very beginning, before they get to Atlanta, correct?

• @DreadMagus said: It's a ZA. I don't care what a person's sexual opinion is... you got two hands? You can do anything that requires two hands.

Ain't no time for sexism, racism, religionism, or any other ism word I can make up to state my point in a ZA.

Magnus is right. If it's Lilly teaching everyone how to shoot, it seems that she should be the one hunting. You do whatever you can, man or woman, elder or child.

• @YamiRaziel said: I can't think of any from the comic book because I read it few months ago but for example in the novel Rise of the Governor, a guy (won't say who in order not to spoil) gets bitten on the leg. He dies and turns before they can even decide whether to cut his leg or not. Also I'm absolutely positive that some comic book/TV show somebody mentions seeing a guy die and turn in like 7 min.
    I guess it depends from person to person and how severe the bite is. The point is no one can be sure when a bitten victim is going to turn exactly.

I'm on ch. 20 now...what a story. Anyways, in this same book a person who dies from a biter does turn rather fast after they die from blood loss due to a severe bite wound. But a person who dies from natural causes took a lot longer to turn...almost like six hours.

• @DreadMagus said: It's a ZA. I don't care what a person's sexual opinion is... you got two hands? You can do anything that requires two hands.

Please review the following scenarios-

*Group is on the road, RV catches a flat*
    Lee: Carley, handle that...

*Middle of the night at the Motel when suddenly the sound of glass breaking and multiple footsteps shuffling about*
    Kenny: Kat, go see what that's about, will ya

I've decided some things are so cut n dry, its easier to ask questions than to explain things so let me ask you:
    Since we all have two hands, are these the best selections for the previous scenarios?

• The turning can take minutes, hours, or even days after death.

Why?

Nobody knows.

• In the comics, if I remember correctly of course, whenever someone was bitten it took at least several hours for them to die, then a minute or so to reanimate. I can think of one or two of those people, but I won't put them here for fear of spoiling it for someone who hasn't read that far yet.

• @Xarne said: Please review the following scenarios-

*Group is on the road, RV catches a flat*
    Lee: Carley, handle that...

*Middle of the night at the Motel when suddenly the sound of glass breaking and multiple footsteps shuffling about*
    Kenny: Kat, go see what that's about, will ya

I've decided some things are so cut n dry, its easier to ask questions than to explain things so let me ask you:
    Since we all have two hands, are these the best selections for the previous scenarios?

Best, no... but that wasn't the point.

I wasn't suggesting that everyone becomes cannon fodder.

But if a person "can" do something, having boobs or whatever is no reason to keep them at home sitting on their hands.

• @DreadMagus said: Best, no... but that wasn't the point.

I wasn't suggesting that everyone becomes cannon fodder.

But if a person "can" do something, having boobs or whatever is no reason to keep them at home sitting on their hands.

I dont think changing a tire means becoming cannon fodder
    And I dont know one woman who's with a man and wouldnt expect him to go see what that bump in the night was.
    Knowing your role and playing your position doesnt instantly mean being sexist.

• Knowing your role?

There are roles in a ZA?

Add Comment