1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: Knowing your role?

There are roles in a ZA?

Exactly. If you dont know that phrase or want to twist it into some sexist, chauvinist remark, then there's no point in explanation as it would just add fuel to the fire.

• I think someone's twisting, and it ain't me. :D

• It's occurred to me that you may not understand what I'm saying, I'm not expressing it effectively enough, or you're applying it the wrong way.

So I'll try to simplify.

My view is that in a Zombie Apocalypse - you're either part of the solution, or you're dead weight to be cast off.

Anyone who doesn't pull their weight is a liability.

Kids.

The Sick.

The Crippled.

Liabilities.

You got hands, you work - no freeloaders.

This isn't about whether you're a sexist or not; it's about not limiting your division of labor.

That's all.

• I didnt twist anything; the scenarios were perfect examples of my point; no explanation necessary. :)

• @Xarne said: I didnt twist anything; the scenarios were perfect examples of my point; no explanation necessary. :)

I was being sarcastic. Feel free to refer to my clarification post. :p

• @DreadMagus said: It's a ZA. I don't care what a person's sexual opinion is... you got two hands? You can do anything that requires two hands.

Ain't no time for sexism, racism, religionism, or any other ism word I can make up to state my point in a ZA.

As Chuck the Killer Hobo would say... You're either alive, or you're not.

No other monikers than that. And survival is the only agenda....

Man, I wasn't being sexist. I was just pointing out something that's obvious.. at least to me.
    Back in the past, it was always man that did the hunting while women took care of their homes. Biologically we've developed to be stronger and bigger. This is not sexism, it's just facts. I'm not saying women are damsels, that they can't be tough, strong or anything. Don't forget that I'm one of the few Lilly supporters here, so I appreciate tough survival type female characters.
    Still a man has a bigger chance of fighting off another man or a walker than a woman in pure fist to fist/teeth fight.
    Plus I am a man so my instinct is to protect women, not endanger them.
    If I was in a ZA, if I was Lee, I would insist that either Kenny or Ben come with me. I wouldn't be okay with Carley, Lilly or Katjaa risking their lives. Being on watch is risk enough.
    Can you really imagine the situation where Lee and Kenny are hanging around the motel inn, while Lilly and Carley are making runs to Macon?
    Of course, if there's no one else, they will have to do it. When I think about it I'm sure Lilly will be so much better than Kenny :D

Cyreen, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to reply to that...

Kiel555, the book is great indeed :) I haven't gone that far yet
    But a person who dies from natural causes took a lot longer to turn...almost like six hours.
    Are you telling me that Larry wouldn't have turned some quite some time? :D Oh man...
    Rock114, I was actually talking about the beginning of the book and the first... person that was bitten :)

• @Xarne said: No offense but I think you and nana are reading too much Cosmo

Right. That wasn't sexist. Mind boggling.

I grew up northern Canada, basic survival skills were just part of growing up and yeah, my grandmother, besides being a registered nurse and raising 8 kids, hunted. Don't be so incredibly small minded.

• @Cyreen said: Right. That wasn't sexist. Mind boggling.

I grew up northern Canada, basic survival skills were just part of growing up and yeah, my grandmother, besides being a registered nurse and raising 8 kids, hunted. Don't be so incredibly small minded.

If something goes bump in the night, I take care of it.

Good Cyreen. I don't really feel comfortable commenting on your personal life so can we just ignore that?
    Since I started all this I will say that it is obvious that there are exceptions but doesn't change the facts that men are bigger and stronger. If something is sexist here, blame it on nature.
    I still wouldn't sent women hunting if there are men available. It feels wrong plus people like Carley and Katjaa wouldn't last long out there. I'm sorry if you feel offended, but it's just how it is.
    Don't take it so personally. We were obviously not talking about you...
    We are not small minded, we just look at the bigger picture...

• The bigger picture is that Carley is the best shot in the group... why wouldn't you send her out if you needed something... ahem... shot. (for example)

• @DreadMagus said: The bigger picture is that Carley is the best shot in the group... why wouldn't you send her out if you needed something... ahem... shot. (for example)

It is a bit debatable if she's the best shot. I haven't seen any proof of that. Both Lee and Lilly are really good shots too, so I think this is an overstatement. The only bad shot is Mark obviously :D Poor guy can't shoot a bird...

Why would I need anything being shot down in Macon? Why would I need anything being shot at all? To attract all the walkers in the area and the one next to it? What I need is rough power, speed and a person I can count on.
    Can Carley lift me up on that truck or whatever it was? Can she lift that door that almost crushes Lee? Carley isn't physically strong. She's not fit for the job. Poor girl can't even get her leg off the walkers grip in ep. 1 :p
    That's the bigger picture :P

Add Comment