User Avatar Image

Which US State would fall first in a ZA?

posted by WowMutt on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Too many states to make a poll so I'll just say my guess and why!

California would fall first!

Everyone would just get high and say 'fuck-it' :rolleyes:

81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Right. "Survivors" and "pussies who deserve to be stolen from".

• Probably which ever state the outbreak gets to first.

And, considering the CDC is there, my money says that'd most likely be Georgia. My state! :D

• @Master of Aeons said: You guys realize that zombies are never the threat in the Zombie Apocalypse, right? That's what this has all been about. It's the crazies who scream "END TIMES" and load up their guns at the drop of a hat. First state to fall won't be because they're overrun by the undead.

Or are we in a different universe than The Walking Dead?

I believe you are wrong for several reasons.

1. Texas is massive compared to most other states and have very cut-off high density cities. This means that as long as you get out of the cities the zombies will have to walk a long way to get anywhere.

2. Zombies are much easier to spot in the flat deserts of Texas rather than in some forested or hilly area along much of the east and west coast.

3. Maybe people will start killing each other, but do you seriously think that people lose all survival instinct just because they are armed? I think that's pretty unlikely

4. Humid, hot weather makes decomposition work alot faster than in other areas.

And finally as a little PS. I used to live in Texas, but am originally and currently in Norway so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I definately think that you need to assess that claim further. :D

• Hi.

1. I'm not talking about zombies. 2. I'm not talking about zombies. 3. I'm not talking about survival instincts either, I'm saying that when people hear that society doesn't exist, whoever has a gun is going to be the first to rewrite the rules of morality and fairness. It's the "survival instinct" that destroys humanity, not preserves it. 4. I'm not talking about zombies.

I lived in Texas too, for a lot of my life. Come on, a bunch of cowboys in a lawless apocalypse? We all know that ends horribly for all but those with the biggest gun.

• @Master of Aeons said: Hi.

1. I'm not talking about zombies. 2. I'm not talking about zombies. 3. I'm not talking about survival instincts either, I'm saying that when people hear that society doesn't exist, whoever has a gun is going to be the first to rewrite the rules of morality and fairness. It's not the "survival instinct" that destroys humanity, not preserves it. 4. I'm not talking about zombies.

I lived in Texas too, for a lot of my life. Come on, a bunch of cowboys in a lawless apocalypse? We all know that ends horribly for all but those with the biggest gun.

Nopes, you are way too pessimistic. You're the kind of guy I bet that wouldn't help out a fellow survivor in the ZA? If you would then what makes you so much better than everyone else? The fact that you think everyone other than you is an evil prick makes you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself or a low opinion of everyone including yourself.

But maybe I'm expecting too much when I say that :p

• User Avatar Image
    shammack Telltale Staff

What are the criteria for a state to be considered to have "fallen"? Are we talking about there being literally no living people left? Or just general anarchy?

• @Xebioz said: Nopes, you are way too pessimistic. You're the kind of guy I bet that wouldn't help out a fellow survivor in the ZA? If you would then what makes you so much better than everyone else? The fact that you think everyone other than you is an evil prick makes you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself or a low opinion of everyone including yourself.

But maybe I'm expecting too much when I say that :p

Are you kidding? I would die doing the right thing regardless of how vulnerable it left me and I'd try to save as many people as I can. I may not trust humanity as a whole in a crisis situation, but that doesn't mean I'd ever leave someone to die.

You don't know me, so keep the assumptions on hold for a while.

You're talking about The Walking Dead. It's a universe predicated on the premise that once society falls, everyone becomes an opportunist and the best of people become corrupted by the tragedy around them. Its biggest staples are bandits and - for lack of a better term - bullies: jerks who use their power to control others with a wooden bat covered in barb wire. I may not be the most optimistic person in the world, but I know that there is going to be a lot of ugliness brought to the surface if society is no longer keeping people decent with a panoptic tower called "morality". If the world goes primitive overnight, there will be mass looting, murder and chaos on the streets the second the bell rings. And to think humanity is above that in 100% unison is not optimistic. It's foolish.

• @shammack said: What are the criteria for a state to be considered to have "fallen"? Are we talking about there being literally no living people left? Or just general anarchy?

I don't know, but there's always survivors. Extinction events never happen in the zombie apocalypse. I think it's just passing the point where society can rebuild.

• @Master of Aeons said: Are you kidding? I would die doing the right thing regardless of how vulnerable it left me and I'd try to save as many people as I can. I may not trust humanity as a whole in a crisis situation, but that doesn't mean I'd ever leave someone to die.

You don't know me, so keep the assumptions on hold for a while.

You're talking about The Walking Dead. It's a universe predicated on the premise that once society falls, everyone becomes an opportunist and the best of people become corrupted by the tragedy around them. Its biggest staples are bandits and - for lack of a better term - bullies: jerks who use their power to control others with a wooden bat covered in barb wire. I may not be the most optimistic person in the world, but I know that there is going to be a lot of ugliness brought to the surface if society is no longer keeping people decent with a panoptic tower called "morality". If the world goes primitive overnight, there will be mass looting, murder and chaos on the streets the second the bell rings. And to think humanity is above that in 100% unison is not optimistic. It's foolish.

Mind you that this was if the ZA 'happened' not a discussion of which states fell first in the Walking Dead comics. If you are such a good person then I find it wierd that you think that everyone else is an evil bastard. Either you will find yourself being one of those evil bastards or humanity's not as bad as you think.

And by the way, the only reason I have assumptions about you is because you have assumptions about humanity as a whole which paint everyone else as bastards and you as a hero. I don't like unlikely scenarios like that so I rip into it.

Add Comment