User Avatar Image

Female Protagonist for Series 2 PLEASE!

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I mean season 2, lol can't edit title apparently...

Please Telltale! I know it'd be hard to give us a choice of gender or character in general. So therefore I think you should just make the protagonist female.

It would really help change up the feel of the game and give survival a whole new look. Plus I know some guys would be for it, apparently they prefer looking at a girl's backside while they play anyway :P

And you wouldn't be the first zombie-related fiction to have a female protagonist with Resident Evil and all. Imagine it, it would be awesome!

Plus, I know you'd be able to do a female protagonist justice!

I'd love you forever and ever Telltale! ;)

230 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Noname215 said: Fuck that. Men are the ultimatum in zombie flicks. All girls can do is scream and fall down.

I’m not sexist, it’s just always been that way

Rather harsh words for not being sexist...

Telltale does a really good job with women characters in this game in my opinion. Aside from Lilly later on, the women characters are more or less the most rational and sensible characters in the game. They also do that thing I love of making great women characters who do not need to be sexed up to be strong and compelling individuals. Heck, they actually put MORE layers on Carley each episode and she is still attractive and interesting.

I'm totally for a female lead if they can make them interesting. It would be nice to have more strong, non-fantasized portrayals of women in gaming. And no, I don't want a Lara Croft in TWD. Maybe a Carla Valenti (Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy) or something like that.

• GOD, Carla wasn't much better. She was sure in a hurry to give up her job to play girlfriend to the popsicle boy of the apocalypse. I don't like any women David Cage writes. They're all sorta-tough, then seek trouble and get in over their heads, then fall in love for no reason.

• @Master of Aeons said: Jeez. Does it have to be marketed as Tomb Raider? You know, there can be better female heroes than Lara "Stare At My Tits" Croft.

Female protagonist, yes. Marketably female, NO.

I agree 100% That's what I meant when I said Telltale would do a female protagonist justice because you know they wouldn't just throw some short-shorts and a tank top on her and say "now go kill some zombies."

From what I've seen of the female characters in season 1, I think they could do us women justice, instead of being all "Witcher 2" type girls.

• @zgamer said: Rather harsh words for not being sexist...

Telltale does a really good job with women characters in this game in my opinion. Aside from Lilly later on, the women characters are more or less the most rational and sensible characters in the game. They also do that thing I love of making great women characters who do not need to be sexed up to be strong and compelling individuals. Heck, they actually put MORE layers on Carley each episode and she is still attractive and interesting.

I'm totally for a female lead if they can make them interesting. It would be nice to have more strong, non-fantasized portrayals of women in gaming. And no, I don't want a Lara Croft in TWD. Maybe a Carla Valenti (Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy) or something like that.

This.

• Ok, here´s a crazy idea...What if Lee survives?

• I said that Lee should cameo in the second series in the circumstances you left him. Maybe he's still protecting Clem. Maybe he's barely alive and living without a reason. That way we can still see Lee and have a new protagonist, even a woman.

• @TheGreatRobin said: Ok, here´s a crazy idea...What if Lee survives?

Then maybe he can have a cameo or something?

Do people really like Lee that much?

His Voice Actor is amazing, I must admit.

• @Master of Aeons said: I said that Lee should cameo in the second series in the circumstances you left him. Maybe he's still protecting Clem. Maybe he's barely alive and living without a reason. That way we can still see Lee and have a new protagonist, even a woman.

tbh, I cant see Lee surviving, unless it's a cliffhanger type (did he survive?) ending. Too many people have fallen around him for him to get through it unscathed.

• Honestly, I find anyone's survival unlikely.

• @AsariTears said: Then maybe he can have a cameo or something?

Do people really like Lee that much?

His Voice Actor is amazing, I must admit.

Honestly, I dont like him that much myself, BUT. Lets say he dies and in season 2, we have a new main character. This means we have to go through all this again right? I mean, this character has to make the same or similar experiences. We have to connect with this new person somehow, otherwise he (or she) just would be "some new guy".
    Hope you understand what I mean. And besides, I hope I wrote everything more or less right, my english writing skills are pretty rusty.

Add Comment