User Avatar Image

The "friendship" with Lilly is fake.

posted by jangjangchang on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Kenny has always had my back so I'll have his.

The relationship with Lilly never has you two joking and smiling at each other. She never cares to be your buddy or have your back in times of need.

She sees you as someone she can use. She sees you as a vote. Not Lee.

Side with Kenny he can see you're more then a vote.
You're more then Lee.

You're a friend. Get his back and he'll get your back.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Both aren't friends.

Kenny is an egocentric idiot who turns on you even if you agreed on 99% of the situations and only once didn't help (like KILL someone).

Lilly is wannabe-boss and maniac.

The only people I could consider being good friends in this series are unfortunately all dead or gone. That would be Doug, Carley, Glenn and Mark for me. Screw the rest of the people.

• @Rock114 said: Actually, you DON'T have to agree with him 100%. I refused to take the food in Ep2, and I shot the girl in Ep3 when he told me not to. And then? When the door fell on Lee and he called for Kenny, Kenny ran back to me without a moment's hesitation to try and help lift the door off of me. The friendship with Kenny DOES feel more satisying than the one with Lilly, at least I think. Especially because now Kenny is the only original group member left.

Yeah. Quoted myself. I feel so cheap.

• @Rock114 said: Yeah. Quoted myself. I feel so cheap.

*tucks a dollar in your g-string*

• Bullshit Kenny is your friend. He uses you just as much as Lilly does. If you disagree with Kenny on one solitary thing, he will hold it against you forever, and will never respect you or consider you a friend. Seriously. Don't side with him in the meat-locker and see what happens.

• I'll quote you too, just so you don't feel so dirty, K?

@Rock114 said: And does Kenny tell you about Duck's bite no matter what? The dialogue after changes if he's your friend or not, but I'm not sure about the scene itself.

He does, whether he's your friend or not. If Lilly outs Lee's past, Kenny does get a little shirty about honesty (on my Dougie game).

• Ty Cy...but I kind of need money... btw, ty for that dollar master of aeons.

• @Rock114 said: ty for that dollar master of aeons.

That's "Master"! Now put on something nice and get out on that stage! Before I pop ya one!

• Yes Master! Whatever you say, just don't pull a Lilly on me!

• Kenny is an interesting character. People either think he's an ally or scum based on whether they agree with him at a couple critical points. Disagree with him about the direction of the group (gasp, how dare Lee have his own opinion), and he shows his true colors. Agree with him all the time, and it seems like he has your back.

For me, Kenny lost respect in two instances. First, he helps Duck without even a glance at the other guy or trying to come back. That told me he's looking out for his family, and not capable or willing to help others, including Lee or Clem. That was ok, but it made me realize he was no ally. When Kenny refused to help Lee in the barn, I knew that he was a coward, too. Lilly, who just had her father murdered and looted, came out swinging. She's a fighter, and I was sad she snapped. She may not be Lee's friend, but she didn't freeze up when Lee needed her.

I agree that players can't have the same kind of fake friendship with Lilly that they have with Kenny. Lilly is more honest that she's out for hers while Kenny fools Lee.

However, the people who side with Kenny don't see evidence that he's scum, so for those playthroughs, he's a friend. I hope there's a way for people to never have to disagree with Kenny and get betrayed. (Although I don't know how good a friendship is if it's based on always doing what the other person wants.)

• @jangjangchang said: Kenny has always had my back so I'll have his.

The relationship with Lilly never has you two joking and smiling at each other. She never cares to be your buddy or have your back in times of need.

See shes you as someone she can use. She sees you as a vote. Not Lee.

Side with Kenny he can see you're more then a vote.
    You're more then Lee.

You're a friend. Get his back and he'll get your back.

I've had such friends. Thank you but no. A friend does not demand of you to be their bitch. Kenny is an egocentric bastard, who cannot stand any sort of disagreement. Even in your supposed "friendship" Lee's giving way more than he's receiving.
    Friendship is a two way thing. True friends never abandon you, even when you're wrong. They don't require you to prove yourself every minute.

The relationship between Lilly and Lee is on entirely different level. They don't need to smile to know they are there for each other. To me that's more than satisfying.

I'll give a simple example. In episode 2, when you're in the house and your group is just about to eat the meat, right after the argument, you have 3 options I think (maybe for with the .... option)
    1. Kenny, grab the gun!
    2. Lilly, grab a knife!
    3. Clementine, run!

I've never tried 3, but I have 1 and 2.
    If you shout to Kenny, he is so slow to react that you can even question yourself whether he believes you or not.
    If you shout to Lilly, she grabs the knife, no questions about it and is ready to slice Andy's throat before he points a gun to her head.
    Real friends do not question you in situations like this one.

Add Comment