User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]Ben's character and deeds

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything then a 12 year old.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.

376 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Doesn't warrant a death sentence.

• I might not like him, but there's no way I'm going to blatantly let him die or kill him.

I'm going to quote TV show Rick, and say "we've got to stick together. Fight for each other. Be willing to lay down our lives for each other if it comes to that. It’s the only chance we’ve got."

Lee and Clementine aren't going to make it without anyone else to watch their back and fight for them. Ben might be unreliable, but after the events of Episode 3, they can't risk any more losses.

At the end of the day, Ben did the wrong thing for reasons he thought were just. He's a stupid kid, as you have the option of telling Christa and Omid. He thought the bandits had one of his friends, and then he thought the bandits would kill everyone if he didn't continue. Bad things happen in this world. I understood that better than ever in this universe after the prison sequence in TWD comic.

If I hated Rick and wanted him dead every time he made the wrong decision for what he thought were the right reasons... he would have died long, long ago.

• @Cyreen said: Doesn't warrant a death sentence.

Sure it does.

Trust is essential in a survival situation.

If you can't trust someone, how can you even possibly hope to rely on them not to get you killed or leave you for dead?

While it might not warrant a bullet to the brainpan, his actions make him untrustworthy. And thus a danger to the group.

Larry tries to kill Lee in Ep1, but even HE knew that you don't mess with the group once you have a group.

• @SouthWardRB said: Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything *than a 3 year old girl.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.

Clementine has more balls than Ben will ever have. I will kill him the first chance i get. I despise him for what he is and what he did.
    http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/e/e2/Christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_bateman_axe_10989289_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis-s400x300-173837.jpg

• damn I wasnt prepared for that pic lol

• @DreadMagus said:
    Trust is essential in a survival situation.

And yet no one put down Larry or Lilly.

• @Cyreen said: And yet no one put down Larry or Lilly.

Like and trust are not the same thing.
    I've never heard anyone say they didnt trust either of these characters because of their decisions.

• @Xarne said: Like and trust are not the same thing.
    I've never heard anyone say they didnt trust either of these characters because of their decisions.

Who, in their right mind, EVER trusted Larry? He punches you in the face and wants to leave you for dead to be ravaged by walkers in the end of episode 1. Didn't mean I was going to murder him for it. In fact, I tried to SAVE him.

• @Xarne said: Like and trust are not the same thing.

Convenient memory. Larry threatens to kill Duck, leaves Lee to die, while his offspring shots a group member. Oh yeah, trust them with my life.

• @Cyreen said: Convenient memory. Larry threatens to kill Duck, leaves Lee to die, while his offspring shots a group member. Oh yeah, trust them with my life.

And despite what he did in Ep1 he attempts to free you from the walker in Ep2 and despite his feelings towards you, works on the fence because its his contribution to the group...ya my memory is so convenient that maybe you forgot this?

And thank for you reinforcing my point on how emotions cloud perception.
    Duck appeared bit, the first reaction for anyone who understands the chain reaction knows whats coming next...
    But I suppose if you ran the group this would be a 1 series season since you'd let Duck turn just because you dont like Larrys meany tone? Ya lets cut off the nose to spite the face some more.

Larry punches you in the face- why on earth wouldnt someone want a convicted murderer to travel with his daughter, that crazy Larry!

Add Comment