User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]Ben's character and deeds

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything then a 12 year old.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.

376 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Xarne said: And despite what he did in Ep1 he attempts to free you from the walker in Ep2 and despite his feelings towards you, works on the fence because its his contribution to the group...

Anything Larry contributed to the group was for his and his daughter's benefit (i.e. attempting to kill a zombie within their boundaries). Evidently you've conveniently forgotten that Duck wasn't bitten.

• @Cyreen said: Convenient memory. Larry threatens to kill Duck, leaves Lee to die, while his offspring shots a group member. Oh yeah, trust them with my life.

Selective memory. Might as well add Kenny to that list since he leaves a lot of Lee's in danger.Same coin but a different face is shown to the varying Lee's.

• Yeah, depending on play style you can see two different sides of a character...that's why theres so much arguing about them on these forums.

• @Cyreen said: Anything Larry contributed to the group was for his and his daughter's benefit (i.e. attempting to kill a zombie within their boundaries). Evidently you've conveniently forgotten that Duck wasn't bitten.

No, I've played through the series multiple times, I'm quite sure I remember it all.
    I'm just not so jaded by emotions that I cant judge a scenario or characters based on the facts presented.

Its why I can argue for and against every character but Ben because every single fact points to him being the sole reason for 3 people being dead and his only defense is some foolish emotional blanket of 'he's so young and scared and' all this other crap that people speculate on solely for the purpose of building a defense he does not deserve.

• @Cyreen said: Convenient memory. Larry threatens to kill Duck, leaves Lee to die, while his offspring shots a group member. Oh yeah, trust them with my life.

Larry knew you had murdered someone (I can understand his reaction even if I don't like it)

Larry thought Duck had been bitten (which we know IS how one gets a fast trip to ZombieLand)

Larry's actions are justifiable.... it's his method and delivery which reek of mind-numbing stupidity.

• @FarmerJoe said: Selective memory. Might as well add Kenny to that list since he leaves a lot of Lee's in danger.Same coin but a different face is shown to the varying Lee's.

I absolutely agree.

@FarmerJoe said: I'm just not so jaded by emotions that I cant judge a scenario or characters based on the facts presented.

What? You figured out I'm a girl, so now I'm "emotional". Stretch that brain, it won't hurt, I promise.

@FarmerJoe said: Larry's actions are justifiable.... it's his method and delivery which reek of mind-numbing stupidity.

And therefore untrustworthy.

• I'm almost inclined to agree, except he has proven that group safety is important.

Plus, he did come clean with Lee as to why he did what he did and what he'd do if something happened to Clem or Lilly. I don't think his mind allows for the concept of subterfuge.

If the only thing he's done in three months is shown his dislike for Lee, it's a pretty safe bet he's trustworthy. Unlikeable, but he clearly knows his place.

• @DreadMagus said: Unlikeable, but he clearly knows his place.

Under a salt lick? His last speech was about how he was going to outlast Lee.

• @Cyreen said:
    What? You figured out I'm a girl, so now I'm "emotional". Stretch that brain, it won't hurt, I promise.

Oh I see, you're a girl. So now I cant state the fact that I've been harping on since my 2nd post in this place that people are too emotional and not thinking in a ZA mentality? GET OVER YOURSELF.

Every single person who's created a 'save thread' is being too emotional. But hey, if you want to use that crutch to defend your weak ass position, run with it.

Add Comment