User Avatar Image

The "friendship" with Lilly is fake.

posted by jangjangchang on - last edited - Viewed by 803 users

Kenny has always had my back so I'll have his.

The relationship with Lilly never has you two joking and smiling at each other. She never cares to be your buddy or have your back in times of need.

She sees you as someone she can use. She sees you as a vote. Not Lee.

Side with Kenny he can see you're more then a vote.
You're more then Lee.

You're a friend. Get his back and he'll get your back.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I still prefer Lilly though. I really like her character.

• @Rock114 said: False. Being a fan of Lilly =/= noob. She is a great, well written character with an excellent voice actress. It's just that some of us agree with Kenny during arguments because what he says makes sense to us, while what Lilly says makes sense to other people.

Absolutely Rock114 :)
    I think it's a great testament to Telltale's writing how people have their preferred characters and can see differences in them that may appeal to them but may repel others.That's why the characters have a feeling of authenticity to me, and it's something I greatly appreciate.

• See how friendly Kenny is when your opinions differ. Friends stick with you, regardless.
    You are the bodyguard to Kenny's family first and a friend only if you follow him without question, a henchman if you will.

• @Cyreen said: Lilly is an egocentric bitch, who cannot stand any sort of disagreement. Even in your supposed "friendship" Lee's giving way more than he's receiving. True friends never abandon you and they don't require you to follow orders.

On the upside, she's gone and not worth discussing.

Don't discuss then.

Rock114, if he was really that shining white knight that did the right thing, why is he always expecting everyone to praise him. He's too immature to understand that everybody will hate him for what he did and there will be no forgiveness. If he swallowed it up like a man, he could've redeemed to some extent in my eyes...
    I'm sure he could've lightened up the time spent in ep. 3 and that would make a change. Tough decisions are difficult, but that doesn't mean you have to destroy an entire group just because you can't admit you might've been wrong.

• @YamiRaziel said: Don't discuss then.

Really Yami, you need to get a new girlfriend. You're boring.

• @Cyreen said: Really Yami, you need to get a new girlfriend. You're boring.

and you need to mind your own business. Stop telling people what we should do or discuss, Kenny. I personally don't care.

• @IndigoHawk said: However, the people who side with Kenny don't see evidence that he's scum, so for those playthroughs, he's a friend. I hope there's a way for people to never have to disagree with Kenny and get betrayed. (Although I don't know how good a friendship is if it's based on always doing what the other person wants.)

I think that's catch-22 people have with him: He's cool as long as you do everything he says. It actually says more about the player's loyalty than Kenny's character imo. In defense of the 'Team-Kenny's out there, that should be their 'reward': Kenny will bring you with him to the boat in payment for your blind loyalty to all the dirty things he's done to get there.
    If after siding with him no matter, he still betrayed you? nah that would not be cool.

• @YamiRaziel said: and you need to mind your own business. Stop telling people what we should do or discuss, Kenny. I personally don't care.

I'm sorry. Go back to waxing poetic over a fictional character. :rolleyes:

*yawn*

• Yeah, making Kenny betray you even if you agree on EVERYTHING with him would be a poor choice on the part of the devs. Then there'd be no point, because he'll screw you no matter what...

They could do what they did with Lilly. Side with her and you and her are cool, but she snaps and does something horrible to someone else. If Lilly had stayed, no doubt she would have backed and supported Lee had he forgiven her for what she did. They could have Kenny freak out and try to murder Ben, and depending on if you stop him or do nothing could be like the RV scenario with Lilly. The person you back is fine and dandy with you, but they can still do terrible things to other people.

• @Rock114 said: Yeah, making Kenny betray you even if you agree on EVERYTHING with him would be a poor choice on the part of the devs. Then there'd be no point, because he'll screw you no matter what...

They could do what they did with Lilly. Side with her and you and her are cool, but she snaps and does something horrible to someone else. If Lilly had stayed, no doubt she would have backed and supported Lee had he forgiven her for what she did. They could have Kenny freak out and try to murder Ben, and depending on if you stop him or do nothing could be like the RV scenario with Lilly. The person you back is fine and dandy with you, but they can still do terrible things to other people.

whoa, you bring up a good point: What if you stop Kenny from his revenge on Ben? That could surely be the deal breaker: you stopping a man from getting to the killer of his family.

Add Comment