User Avatar Image

Who wants Ben dead in twd Ep 4?

posted by Flawless02 on - last edited - Viewed by 491 users

Who wants Ben dead in Ep4, I wanna see what people think should he die for lying to the group? Does Kenny find out What Ben did that got his family killed, and Kenny wants Ben dead?

I wanna see how many people are against Ben for what he has done, and who see's him as a kid just afraid of the bandit's.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIk8gy1B4VPNwn9UfRI0v

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Xarne said: For one simple fact: Each and every thing you mentioned could have been negated with one sentence of ouf Ben's mouth. 1 line would have changed the entire episode. His inaction caused an undeniable chain reaction that starts when he decides to keep his mouth shut. Fear of Lily is not an exscuse when there are 4 other adults you could have relayed the message to.

Another simple fact: Everything could have been negated by the bandits not being complete scumbags attacking a group of survivore and taking advantage of a scared teenager.

• @cormoran said: Another simple fact: Everything could have been negated by the bandits not being complete scumbags attacking a group of survivore and taking advantage of a scared teenager.

We as the player barely have control of our own group. Plus, the scenario is in play as we start the episode, I'd rather stay within parameters that are somewhat within our reach. Saying what if we change the backstory; well what if we could have found a cure for the ZA?

• @Xarne said: We as the player barely have control of our own group. Plus, the scenario is in play as we start the episode, I'd rather stay within parameters that are somewhat within our reach. Saying what if we change the backstory; well what if we could have found a cure for the ZA?

I didn't change any backstory, attacking the group and taking advantage of Ben is exactly what the bandits did.

You mention things you have control over, things within your reach. This shows me that you don't want justice for those responsible, just revenge on whoever you can get your hands on. Sometimes we can't get justice, in this case the group has left those bandits behind and will likely never see them again. That doesn't mean we should replace bringing justice to those respinsible by getting revenge on someone else they victimized just because it's convenient. In doing that we might aswell be bandits ourselves.

In the case of being scared of Lilly, I think it was more being scared of the bandits and that the group couldn't protect him. Afterall in one scenario they let his friend get eaten by zombies and hack his teachers leg off then let him bleed out, and in the other scenario they left the teacher behind to get eaten by zombies and outright shot his friend and let him bleed out. Then you've got constant bandit attacks and him getting caught outside by the bandits, alone and unprotected, long enough to have to make a deal with them. All together you could make a case for the group failing him, at the point of being caught by the bandits outside and alone they failed to provide him with the most basic need of all, survival.

• @cormoran said: Another simple fact: Everything could have been negated by the bandits not being complete scumbags attacking a group of survivore and taking advantage of a scared teenager.

This is changing the backstory. The bandits are attacking the group, they are going to present Ben with an offer. This is all in place before you even hit play on Ep 3.
    And please dont make assumption on my character based on a set of game parameters.
    The one (not plural) responsible for this entire calamity is Ben. Not the bandits, not the walkers, not Santa Claus or the Chupacabra. Ben. You can whitewash it anyway you like, it doesnt change the facts.

• I dont want Ben dead. He's just a dumb kid who made a bad mistake. Same with Duck. Im amazed at how many people wanted him dead.

• I couldn't care less. He caused the deaths of others because of his cowardice, and didn't trust the group that saved his ass enough to talk to them and work out a plan together. I have no sympathy for him and really couldn't care less, even with his intentions of saving his friend. He's not the only one to blame, but I just really don't personally care for him and wouldn't really mind if he died or got kicked out. I blame both him and the bandits, because you can't ignore one over the other.

• @Xarne said: This is changing the backstory. The bandits are attacking the group, they are going to present Ben with an offer. This is all in place before you even hit play on Ep 3.

No it's not, or were you proposing the story be changed when you said the same thing about Ben? I assumed you were giving reason why he was to blame, that's what I was doing with the bandits.

I say it wouldn't have happened if they didn't attack the group and corner Ben alone, they did do them though, which is why they're responsible. Ben was just another victim.

• @cormoran said:
    I say it wouldn't have happened if they didn't attack the group and corner Ben alone, they did do them though, which is why they're responsible. Ben was just another victim.

How do you not see this is changing the backstory?
    Forget the if they didnt- they did
    and Ben did not say anything; hence he is to blame.

• @Xarne said: How do you not see this is changing the backstory?
    Forget the if they didnt- they did
    and Ben did not say anything; hence he is to blame.

*sigh* here's what you wrote:

For one simple fact: Each and every thing you mentioned could have been negated with one sentence of ouf Ben's mouth.

Here's my reply:

Another simple fact: Everything could have been negated by the bandits not being complete scumbags attacking a group of survivore and taking advantage of a scared teenager.

Neither of us are changing the story, we're giving reason why one or the other is to blame.

The bandits attacked the group, the bandits caught Ben alone, the bandits coerced him to steal the supplies, the bandits told him to do so alone. He was just another link in the chain of victimization that they began, that's why they're responsible.

Yes, him deciding not to tell the group probably wasn't smart (I say probably because him telling the group could very well have ended in everyone being outright killed by the bandits, we don't know what would have happened for sure) but it's a decision he had to make because of the bandits actions.

Now the outcome isn't satisfying, I understand. We didn't really get to take out all the bandits in their base. But think on this, what sort of person kills someone to satisfy their sense of justice simply because it's convenient to do so and inconvenient to go after those truly responsible?

• @Xarne said: For one simple fact: Each and every thing you mentioned could have been negated with one sentence of ouf Ben's mouth. 1 line would have changed the entire episode. His inaction caused an undeniable chain reaction that starts when he decides to keep his mouth shut. Fear of Lily is not an exscuse when there are 4 other adults you could have relayed the message to.

Actually, the chain goes back to Kenny. He's the root that destroys the group. He puts his family above everybody else. He kills Larry, he keeps treating Lilly in a very pressing and totally inappropriate way that reduces the groups morale. Lilly's get even more unstable because she does not only have her father to mourn, but she has to deal with the shit Kenny keeps pouring on her. She gets angrier and angrier, Ben becomes afraid of Lilly (he would be even more afraid of Kenny if he knew what happened in the meat locker) decides to go behind their backs and... we know what happens afterwards.

P.S I don't want Ben dead. I want him and Kenny gone. I don't care what happens to them afterwards.

Add Comment