User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead comics isn't so good but The Walking Dead Game is awsome

posted by N7. on - last edited - Viewed by 385 users

Hi please vote on this poll

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I haven't read the comic and likely won't, so I guess I'd go with the game since it's in the medium I prefer.

• @Master of Aeons said: To me it sounded like he read the comics though. Preferring the show to the comic is the surprise. I loved the show until I read the comic.

I didnt even finish season 1; it felt weak but I figured if this was worth basing a show off, the comic must be 'ok'... I was pretty much hooked after my 1st hr of reading

• @Master of Aeons said: To me it sounded like he read the comics though. Preferring the show to the comic is the surprise. I loved the show until I read the comic.

I watched the show, read the first compendium all the way through, love the show even more. I think the show improves on some things, like as was mentioned above, Shane's role and his relationship with Rick. Now that the show is seemingly getting more in line with the comic, I think and hope more people will be happy with it.

• Here's mine:

1. Game.
    2. Tv show.
    3. Comics.

• I agree in part. Shane was put to better use. But the show is too heavy on filler, especially in Season One.

• @Master of Aeons said: I agree in part. Shane was put to better use. But the show is too heavy on filler, especially in Season One.

I dont find it particularly heavy on filler, just kind of measuredly paced to reflect the comic which, you have to admit, has a lot of time where nothing of consequence is happening. I understand that people have lot less patience with that kind of thing in a tv and movie format. It never bothered me. Ive always enjoyed the character development and story and considered the action and violence as icing.

• I love the TV show, I adore the comic book and I can't stop playing the game. Still you can't really compare them. It's like comparing music to movies to paintings.

Even though the TV show and the comic book are following the same story, they go different routes and explore different ideas. I love how the TV show made some weak points in the comic book, very prominent and strong. However, Daryl must die. He's getting too awesome and it starts feeling as if he has fan favourite-armor. I'm pretty sure he will die in season 3.

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I like the characters and the actors there better.

How? The TV show is basically the comic storyline if you remove any sort of motivation for the characters' actions and make everyone act like a moron.

They wrote some great characters from the comics entirely out of the story (the show is poorer for Tyrese's absence, and they wasted so much potential with Sophia), they added in a couple filler characters that did nothing, they took some of the best characters from the comics and made them insufferable (Dale and Andrea being the worst case of this, though it's also pretty annoying that they made Hershel so soft, and the show's Carol is just awful), and they kept Shane alive for way longer than they should have. Season two had plenty of problems, but Shane's impact on the farm arc is what really made it irredeemable.

• Plus the change in Shane's death (removing Carl from the equation) takes out one of the coolest scenes in the series, and makes Carl far less likeable. Paired with the show's decision to make Carl a stupid kid, he comes off as completely useless in the show.

• @Master of Aeons said: Plus the change in Shane's death (removing Carl from the equation) takes out one of the coolest scenes in the series, and makes Carl far less likeable. Paired with the show's decision to make Carl a stupid kid, he comes off as completely useless in the show.

And also leaves out another brilliant scene once Rick discovers that everyone is infected, so he decides to go back and dig up his old friend just so he can kill him again.

Add Comment