User Avatar Image

Do you get to see ***** as a walker?

posted by PandaRave on - last edited - Viewed by 563 users

When you choose to kill duck for kenny if you wait to long does attack you?

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tragictwist said: I heard you can also see Duck as a walker if you choose not to do anything when you are at the tree! Can anybody confirm this?

If you don't pick anything it will say 'you chose to leave duck in the woods'.

• @Faramis said: What I am suprised most, is that there is not already outrage that you were allowed to kill child in game. As far as I can tell, TellTale went somewhere where nobody ever dared to go in video game: this is probably the first occassion in video game, where you were consciously allowed to do kill children through your own action (reason why you did it does not matter), even though it was not shown graphically in the end it is still very dark theme. I just really hope Telltale did not bring themselves into too much trouble with this scene and I can see some nutjob lawyers or humanist picking on this.

There were probably ways around it, but doing so would be like saying kids are immune from the ZA, and if they didnt kill him and instead gave him some miracle 'kids dont die' cure would have been totally unrealistic and blown the credibility of this game, which is trying to stick as close to the world created in the comic.
    I actually applaud them, not for killing Duck, but for not sticking with the classical theme of 'do not touch' which is labelled across every kid in a video game.

• @bdawgnit1785 said: only thing that sucks tho is when you dont kill duck and neither does kenny it says you left duck in the woods....then they show an over shot of the three of them and ducks brains are splattered on the tree...this was the only moment where the choice dont matter thing was really real for me:( woulda rather had another game over duck is a walker gag:p

it could be a bug but imo the 'blood' stain from ducks brains could just be some 'red leaves' from the tree branches above...

• @bdawgnit1785 said: ...then they show an over shot of the three of them and ducks brains are splattered on the tree

When I played it that way, the long shot shows Duck leaning against the tree, no blood, very distinctly different from shooting him. Must have been a bug.

• Wait wait wait...

So back to the original question, because I've read some vague answers but nothing concrete.

Is it possible for Duck to reanimate if you wait there too long?

And if it is possible and you need silent dialogue, how much?

• @Viner16 said: Wait wait wait...

So back to the original question, because I've read some vague answers but nothing concrete.

Is it possible for Duck to reanimate if you wait there too long?

And if it is possible and you need silent dialogue, how much?

lol how slow do we have to go ??

if kenny boots you out the train cab before stopping duck turns.. done by at leasy picking one silent option after telling kenny something true but harsh..

as for shooting duck there is no 'turning' scene..

• @Viner16 said: Is it possible for Duck to reanimate if you wait there too long?

If you mean in the forest, when Lee has the target on his head, no I don't believe he does, regardless of how long you wait.

• Not in the forest, you can't see Duck as a walker. It will wait forever.

You can see Duck as a walker on the train, when you talk to Kenny to pull the train over and use the silent option.

• This scene was important for me as it proved beyond doubt that you had to kill duck
    With Larry there was always the what if question that was never answered
    This scene allowed me to do what was necessary

• Once Duck is off the train and is no longer a threat to the group I thought that the silent option was appropriate in that situation.It's a choice for the family to decide how to deal with Duck and Lee pushing his opinion either way felt wrong to me.If Kenny felt he couldn't pull the trigger and therefore left Duck to turn then that's his right.

Maybe Kenny will be haunted by the fact he left him but he could also resent Lee for being the one to put an end to his son.It was HIS son and he may feel that he failed him at the end.I was rather surprised that 80% chose to kill Duck themselves but I also suspect that the ... or letting the time pass options don't occur to a lot of players, unless they are specifically playing a silent Lee.

Add Comment