User Avatar Image

Would you have done the same thing as Ben?

posted by Hudomonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 485 users

Personally I would have done the same thing if I thought my friend was in danger.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would not have done the same as Ben. I would have told the group right away that something happened.
    Ben was an outsider who we let into the group, as such he should show some loyalty to those of us that saved his life.
    No matter his reason, he still should have let the group know what was happening and give as all the chance to discuss and prepare a plan.
    As Lilly said, stealing from us is the same as killing us in our sleep.

• In games, i am often ridiculously honest, so yeah, i would have told the group my problem.

• No. I wouldn't have been a gullible idiot and believed the friend story. However I wouldn't get out of that conversation alive without handing some supplies. And wouldn't have kept them at bay without handing more supplies.

BUT I would tell the group. Because I don't know a single person that would prefer a bandit raid instead of parting with some small incremental supplies. The bandits would've been in conflict with the group if I was never there in the first place, so no guilt felt on my part.

I also would have been a better watchman. The whole group was rounded up for slaughter in the brief moment Lee was sitting in Lillys room. And despite sitting right outside their door, they didn't hear Ben sound off a single sign of danger.

AND if I saw that Lee was snooping around for evidence (if for some stupid reason I hadn't told them yet) I would've come clean at that point. I mean how could I miss Lee walking back and forth with a list of evidence, or the brown bag, or especially asking ME about it. How could I not know what was coming if Lee was stepping back in with the supply bag?

Only other thing I'd do the same is lie to Lilly when she pulls a gun to my face. But, with even a flicker of brain activity, I wouldn't let it get to that point because her paranoia would've been put to rest well in advance.

So much averted with the use of plain sense.

• @Cooperal said:

AND if I saw that Lee was snooping around for evidence (if for some stupid reason I hadn't told them yet) I would've come clean at that point. I mean how could I miss Lee walking back and forth with a list of evidence, or the brown bag, or especially asking ME about it. How could I not know what was coming if Lee was stepping back in with the supply bag?

Yeah, that would have been a good call. It would have been nice if when/if you told Ben about your criminal past then the sudden show of honesty would have made Ben come clean about the drugs

• No. What he did was very stupid and childish, but i guess that is to be expected from a character like that.

• The most logical answer is missing. No, I wouldn't have done what Ben did, because I witnessed how three walkers teared the guts out of my friend!

• The bandits had to find him alone to make the deal, right? I would have agreed, then immediately told the group once I got back to the motor inn.

• Nope. If I was Ben, I'd forget my friend and look at the safety of the group offering me shelter, protection, and food.

• anyone who didn't pick the no options..

seriously...you saw what 'can/could/will' happen if 'you/ben' lie or hide it from the group..

so all those people are just as stupid/naive 'oh it won't happen in my group'

• that last option is kinda misleading. They're a bunch of bandits who only claimed to have his friend, they never provided any proof (unless that Ben really did believe it) otherwise he could still say no and be guilt free, technically

Add Comment