User Avatar Image

Would you have done the same thing as Ben?

posted by Hudomonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 588 users

Personally I would have done the same thing if I thought my friend was in danger.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rock114 said: The bandits had to find him alone to make the deal, right? I would have agreed, then immediately told the group once I got back to the motor inn.

Well yeah, that's about the only way you're making it back to camp with your skinny ass intact, but does that qualify as a "yes, but I would have admitted it" or a "No, I would have told someone first"?

• I would have told the group what was going on but Im not a scared teenage boy. I guess he hasnt been with the group long enough to feel like he can trust anyone completely.

• If Ben had just told Lee when he went snooping they could have sorted it out and made sure that the stealing stopped without casualties
    However I probably wouldn't have told Lee anything as the group doesn't have the best history with killing (Larry dead maybe others) and Ben probably would have been shot if he told them about it.

• Not even in the least. The Bandits would have had to shown me my friends. Alive! Secondly I would go to the group and explain the dilemma.

• @Hudomonkey said: If Ben had just told Lee when he went snooping they could have sorted it out and made sure that the stealing stopped without casualties
    However I probably wouldn't have told Lee anything as the group doesn't have the best history with killing (Larry dead maybe others) and Ben probably would have been shot if he told them about it.

Katjaa didn't even know that it was Kenny who killed Larry (unless you privately tell her at the start of episode 3). With his own wife being kept in the dark about it, Ben and Carley/Doug presumably wouldn't know about it either.

Furthermore, the only reason anyone got shot by Lilly was because Ben decided to allow her paranoia to grow beyond control. Certainly not helped by the fact nobody believed her when she was correct. Not only didn't she know who did it, but she was left oblivious to the motive of the thief.

Without an explanation, and with the thief not wanting to make themselves known, you'd have no reason to believe the thief was acting as anything other than a form of "double agent" rather than a protector.

Bens arrangement was occuring before the events of the episode began, he didn't even need to wait as late as Lee snooping around before breaking the news.

When Lilly gave Carley/Doug a dose of 9mm to the head, nobody thought twice about whether it should be tolerated. Even in the face of knowing their must've been a thief among them afterall.

Ben is a parasite. A joke. An arguement winner against anyone who believes in "survival of the fittest".

• I like the way the last option was phrased, c'mon, the bandits never provided any proof that they had Ben's friends and when you talk to Ben on the train he flat out admits that he eventually learned that the bandits were lying, but by then Ben was too scared to do the right thing. Sure, I'd pretend to accept the deal if the bandits confronted me alone about it, which I assume is how it started with Ben, but I wouldn't believe a word they said about my friends and would've talked to Lee as soon as I got back to the motel and let the group decided. The fact that Ben took the bandits at their word honestly shocked me, it would've been more understandable if he said that he did it because he thought it was for the good of the group, though not tolerable, instead he betrayed the group, the very group whose existence is the only reason Ben's still alive, because he can trust the word of a band of murderers more than his saviors.

And now half of the original group is dead because of the fool. Ben's greatest contribution to the group so far is managing to do more damage to it than the walkers or St. Johns could. *sigh* I can't believe there wasn't an option to Sparta him off the train.[/rant]

• @Phoenix VII said: I can't believe there wasn't an option to Sparta him off the train.[/rant]

This game makes you watch insidious things happen without the ability to control it in any shape or form, then doles out it's own form of 'justice' in the next episode. If all Larry did to earn his 'justice' was give Lee a punch in the face and some tough talk, Ben's gonna get pulled limb from limb by walkers for his actions

• @Cyreen said: Well yeah, that's about the only way you're making it back to camp with your skinny ass intact, but does that qualify as a "yes, but I would have admitted it" or a "No, I would have told someone first"?

Yes, but I would have admitted it. Immediately, when I got back to camp I'd tell.

• I just find the choices a little odd. Does the "yes, but I would have admitted it" mean immediately after making a deal with the bandits, prior to stealing, or in the RV after shit hit the fan?

• Only the OP would know for sure, but I think the "Yes, but I would have admitted it" option is for when the shit hits the fan in the RV or when you see Lee investigating, otherwise the "No, I would have told the group my problem" option would be rather redundant.

Add Comment