User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, I do like both Lilly and Shane, although Shane is a quite more selfish than Lilly. She's my favourite of the two.

Actually I don't really like Shane, not what he becomes in season 2, but I do appreciate him as a character. Rick and Andrea are my absolute favourites from the comic book and TV show.

P.S Maggie doesn't have a daughter man. You're confusing her with somebody.

• Oooh Maggie, wait, i did confuse her with someone else XD. Maggie is awesome so far at least.

• I think he's talking about Patricia, who got nabbed during the farm scene. Gotta say, I thought Hershel was a real badass during that part. Shane was one of my favorite characters on the TV show, as he got so much more development than in the books. But, ya know, as a person he became really terrible. The parts where he and Rick would just talk like everything was normal were really good IMO. Too bad Lori had to go and ruin a great friendship...

But I like Lilly more than Shane too. Actually, I think I like Lee's group more than Rick's at this point...

• @Rock114 said: I think he's talking about Patricia, who got nabbed during the farm scene. Gotta say, I thought Hershel was a real badass during that part. Shane was one of my favorite characters on the TV show, as he got so much more development than in the books. But, ya know, as a person he became really terrible. The parts where he and Rick would just talk like everything was normal were really good IMO. Too bad Lori had to go and ruin a great friendship...

But I like Lilly more than Shane too. Actually, I think I like Lee's group more than Rick's at this point...

Yeah, but still Rick is like.. totally badass. I really love that character even though he's made like a lot of really bad decisions.

• @YamiRaziel said: Yeah, but still Rick is like.. totally badass. I really love that character even though he's made like a lot of really bad decisions.

Rick is totally a badass! He's gone through more than Lee likely ever will in this ZA and come out, not necessarily unscathed, on the other side. Plus the kid he's looking after is actually his, even if said kid is really scary.

• Oh, definitely... Carl is starting to behave like a teenager (always thinking he's right and all-knowing) and with the power he has (guns and stuff) he'll do some pretty horrible things. I can already feel it.

As for Rick, yeah, he's awesome. I actually think that Andrew Lincoln makes Rick even more of a badass. Totally love the way he portrays him.

• I was really surprised to find out Rick's actor was British. totally blew my mind. Maggie's too.

• @Rock114 said: I was really surprised to find out Rick's actor was British. totally blew my mind. Maggie's too.

I've actually seen him in Love Actually. Great movie!
    I think the actors in the show are really spot on. I really like Rick, Lori, Shane, Glenn, Hershel, Dale.
    I'm still getting used to Andrea and I'm yet to make my mind about the Governor.

• To all of you fellas that ended up in Team Lilly in ep.2 and still dislike Kenny, I have a question.

What would you do if in ep. 4 Kenny is in some very serious danger and you have a choice whether to help him or not.
    1. Kenny is trapped and walkers are approaching. It is only you and him. Do you risk your own skin and save him after all the times he left you for dead and treated you like crap? Will you become like him and if you just abandon him or there is a fine line between compassion and foolishness? Why save somebody who will and has left you to die?
    2. Same as 1. with the difference that Omid, Christa, Chuck and Ben are in danger if you try to help him. Again, always help your group or he's not worth it.
    3. This is the ultimate challenge. Same as 1 and 2 but Clem is in danger too. Will you put Clem in danger (even if it is not a great danger) if it means that you're holding to your humanity?

4. Omid's leg gets worse. You doubt that he's might not even make it. Do you leave him as Kenny suggests and move on? Do you tell Kenny to F himself and try to help the guy even though you hardly know him and it is not gonna be easy?

Everybody feel free to comment provided you understand the way people who sided with Lilly in the meat locker think.
    Actually even if you do not, you can still comment, just say your choice in ep. 2.

• @YamiRaziel said: Yeah, I do like both Lilly and Shane, although Shane is a quite more selfish than Lilly. She's my favourite of the two.

Ok, got that.

@YamiRaziel said: Actually I don't really like Shane, not what he becomes in season 2, but I do appreciate him as a character.

I, aeh... hurmmm... what now? You like Shane, or you don't? Are you splitting up with him in season 2?

@YamiRaziel said: Rick and Andrea are my absolute favourites from the comic book and TV show.

You do jump around a lot, don't ya? These two characters have nothing in common, comparing the comics/tv show.

@YamiRaziel said: P.S Maggie doesn't have a daughter man. You're confusing her with somebody.

She has a "Clementine", called Sophia here. ;)

Add Comment