User Avatar Image

How will it end? Predictions

posted by Alex1939 on - last edited - Viewed by 397 users

Lee dies. Clementine lives. The entire game is about Clementine. Season 2 will be about a new character that meets Clementine and is her new protector/guardian.

Just a hunch.

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Walkie Talkie guy captures Clementine near the end of episode 4, You hole up in a apartment, walkers are trying to break down the door, and its breaking, Kenny demands you leave Omid behind because you'd have to carry him, and there are walkers all over the streets, Christa demands Lee take him with him or she'll stay behind, In the end you go with Kenny/Ben and leave the apartment complex to hear the door breaking down and christa screaming, you find the boat, Ben tells kenny that he did it, and that Lee told him not to tell, Kenny refuses to take Lee and Ben at gunpoint and leaves without them both, at some point Ben and Lee get surrounded, Ben does something to divert the walkers then runs away, In the end Lee gets shot by the walkie talkie guy and finds Clementine dead right before he bleeds out.-- This is precisely what I hope doesn't happen.

• Lee, Clem, and Clem's parents try to escape the city. Clem's parents get bitten. Lee has a choice of putting them down or letting them turn into walkers. Sorrow endues. End of season 1.

• It all goes sidways when you're close to finding the boat. The herd from the train station hits town and the streets are filling with walkers. Near the river, the remnants of the group get split up, with Clementine and Lee cut off from the boat as walkers close in all around. They dodge through buildings and streets until they come to The Marsh House. Trying to get inside, Clem is grabbed again by a walker. Lee moves to free her, but there's too many. Clem is freed but Lee is bitten. Taking cover inside the Marsh House, they search the halls and find Clem's mother. As Lee nears death, and eventual reanimation, he hands Clem's mom his gun. Depending on how you raised Clem, she'll take the gun and end your suffering, or she and her mother will leave you to reanimate.

• I really hope it's "Lee is alive", who ever is able to join in, is welcome... There is no point wanting Lee to die from a (or at least my) player point of view.

• @Deventh said: I think Lee will die too, but i really doubt season 2 will have anything to do with Clementine. I would like them to continue their story though --> Clem and Lee.

I think that this is Lee's story not Clems. I think Clem won't be in the next season. Depending on your choices she is either alive or dead, but Lee will be alone. The new series will then start with Lee alone and meeting a new group of survivors.

• I think it will end with the sound of screams and walkers eating.

• @DreadMagus said: I think it will end with the sound of screams and walkers eating.

And the players in tears. :(

• Depends on who's getting eaten. :D

• @lucidity02 said: Because different people have different opinions. And predictability doesn't matter as long as the narrative is compelling, IMO.

It could be set two years in the future, and plenty of games feature young protagonists. See Heart of Darkness, virtually any Legend of Zelda game, Limbo, A Boy and His Blob and others.

Most of those are nothing like TWD... and I don't even think two full years have already passed in the comic. How are you supposed to shoot zombies or bash their heads in? Do morally controversial choices or actions that require physical exertion? It might sound like a neat idea in theory but it requires a far too different approach.

• I haven't given much thought to the specifics but I think the ending arc with Lee and Clem would be something like Lee delivering Clem to one or both of her parents who have somehow miraculously survived. That sort of doesn't mesh with the way that Kirkman tells the stories but maybe TTG will go that route of a bittersweet ending. Bittersweet as in Clem leaves Lee for her parent(s).

The remaining characters I'm not feeling any strong tugs about their fates either way..or that much interest.

Add Comment