Menu
User Avatar Image

F*** Kenny

posted by deadk1ng on - last edited - Viewed by 28.6K users

I told myself that I wouldn't do another playthrough until all episodes were out but after ep 2 I have decided to do another run with the sole purpose of treating Kenny like the piece of shit he is. It may not be my canonical playthrough but he has to pay for his cowardice somehow

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: Wrighty, my problem is your post is that you look it only from one side. To you it's about survival and yet, your just twisting the situations. Larry could've died, but he could've survived as well. You can't say things like "inevitable death". There couldn't have been any deaths at all.
    Duck was bitten in ep.3. The bite kills you and that might happen really fast. Turning after a bite death could take less than a minute. Leaving Duck in the RV was immediate threat as well. Katjaa could've fallen asleep for 1 minute and that could've been the time when Duck dies, turns and bites somebody. Actually even if she doesn't fall asleep, if Duck dies in her arms she might not have the strength to speak or act before he turns and bites somebody else.
    I understand why Kenny didn't throw him out of course, but he was very quick to kill Larry. I can't accept his survival mentality when he acts when he doesn't care about people but chickens when it comes to his family. To me this makes him a coward.
    Make no mistake, Duck was not a lesser threat than Larry was.

As for Ben and the teacher, Lilly says it very well "They are not responsible for every struggling survivor out there". The group was already starving so it wasn't that she didn't want to help, it is just that she had her group to take care.
    To me Kenny was once again a hypocrite there. This is like the second time he says that unlike Lilly, he tries to help people. However, if you do not side with him in the meat locker he leaves you to die twice. Even if I do not agree with him, I'm not his enemy, yet he doesn't move his finger to save me. He also tells you to leave a girl get eaten so he can make it easier for himself.
    And Wrighty, please don't mention your burning building argument again, because it is nothing like it. If he is the person he claims to be, if he can help you if you're his buddy and leave you to die if you're just a group member then that reveals enough about what kind of person he is.

"Danger of inevitable death" is what i said :P
    If Larry turns, then they are all screwed and if you cant accept that, then you're deluding yourself. Not risking everyones lives for one guy is simple survival 101. And i dont see not being able to immediately give up on youre family and then kill them making you a coward. If that was the case, Lilly was a coward as she didnt give up on Larry. And before you say "But bite means he will DEFINETELY turn into a zombie", remember that these characters still know very little about the virus. Maybe a small number are immune, maybe it doesnt affect kids?

Also i would have been suprised if Katjaa was able to sleep after what had happened. The adrenaline and holding her dieing son in her arms, not to mention her wound? I would be suprised if she was able to sleep.

And i post this time and time again but it doesnt seem to sink it. Sure Duck was a danger but he wasnt half a danger as Larry was. Im writing this down ONE MORE TIME :P

1.Ben and Lee (I think) had guns. Or even if one person had a gun, it would have been a simple matter for Ben to pass the gun over to Lee or for him to shoot zombie Duck himself as he eats his mum and then finish her off. If she falls asleep, at least the screams will wake everyone and Kenny will notice if he turns aswell. In the meatlocker, no one had any weapons and so the situation was alot more dangerous. And as far as i know, no one inside the meatlocker were ninja's or capable of killing people with their bare hands. And i know you want to type "But Kenny could have stood over Larry while she tried to save him" but i have already been over this. Zombies tend to leap up and standing close over Larry would have put Kenny in danger aswell. Not to mention, a salt lick isnt a efficient weapon and missing with it could just annoy Larry and get his attention. And like you said, what if people get bitten and then die and turn really quick. Larry bites Lilly who quickly turns while Lee tries to fight Larry and they all get eaten. Im using youre own argument against you :P

2. Duck is alot smaller and weaker. That could make all the difference if Lee or someone else has to hold him off with their bare hands for a certain time. Larry was huge and strong.

3.They can at least get the hell out of the RV if he turns. If Larry turned in the meatlocker, they had no where to go and would have not been able to run.

4. The worst that can happen is they all get bitten. I know this sounds bad but the risks for Duck and Katjaa and Carley and Ben was that they get slowly torn apart and eaten alive by the cannibals. Makes getting bitten seem alot nicer doesnt it?

With those four reasons, its pretty plain to see that Duck was not as much a threat as Larry was and i hope to god i never have to type this again.

With the two times he leaves you to die, ill put it this way and keep it short. You just gambled Kenny and his families lives for the life of some old bastard, who when he had a heart attack last time, we had to go get him medicine to survive. Also he is a old bastard because you go get him medicine and he then thanks you by PUNCHING YOU IN THE FACE AND LEAVING YOU TO DIE. And its not like Kat and Duck get quick and painless deaths either, as i have been over before. So you can hardly blame him for hating you at that moment. You just risked the lives of the only people left in the world he truly cares about and you risked them getting eaten slowly by cannibals.

And i have already been over the Macon situation. You're Lee is not his buddy because of what you did in the meatlocker and he is hardly going to run further into a room filling with zombies for a guy who he doesnt even like. People are too used to how in games, you cannot really see the risks. If Lee ran into a room full of zombies to save Kenny, you know he would survive and everything would be fine. Why? Because its a game and needs to continue. And so you expect the same for Kenny. But a true ZA would force you to be alot stronger than just that. You cant just run in and save every person, even if he is youre best friend or even wife and expect to last long. Especially if you run to save everyone, including people who arent even you're friends.

And i like how you quote "not responsible for every struggling survivor out there" and then blame Kenny for wanting to leave a girl to get eaten. It was the smart choice, the girl was already dead and we needed the supplies. And whats to stop the walkers getting attracted by the gunshot and then coming and killing us? You obviously dont seem to care about slow and painful deaths anyway, you sure gambled with them in the meatlocker.

• Dude, most of your post is some crazy speculations and theories that would never happen.
    Duck was bitten, Ben didn't knew, Lee was asleep, Kenny is his father and wouldn't do shit. If Duck turned... it was over for at least half of them. You can make crazy theories as much as you want but that doesn't change the situation that you're super biased.
    You may not agree with me but I'm consistent and I don't try to create impossible scenarios to justify my choices.
    I saved Duck at Hershel's farm because he was a child.
    I didn't side with Larry in the drugstore.
    I supported Kenny in the Lilly argument because I chopped the teacher's leg.
    I didn't shot Jolene.
    I let Irene shot herself.
    Until that point Kenny was a friend whom I had helped a lot, because I fed his son once again in ep. 2
    I tries to save Larry.
    Kenny backstabbed me and left me for dead.
    I killed both brothers because I was sending a message.
    Lilly saved me and became a friend whom I started to trust.
    I stole the supplies.
    I shot the poor girl in ep.3
    I stood by Lilly's side because after Kenny left me for dead one more time in Macon.
    I confessed to everybody because Carley made me do it.
    Lilly shot Carley, but I took her in.
    I didn't yell at Kenny to stop the RV cause I knew he wouldn't listen anyway.
    I decided to leave with Lilly cause I didn't want anything to do with this group anymore.
    I shot Duck.

You can make your wild speculations and theories but don't justify Kenny betrayal please. He may be an ally in yours, but in mine he's a total coward and an asshole. And no, I'm not the reason. He is.

• Yeah, Kenny does leave you out of pure hate in Macon if you didn't help him with Larry. In the fight with Danny, if he leaves you it looks more like cowardice. In Episode 1 though, he was THE MAN! I really can't say that I saw him turning into what he is now from what I saw in the first episode. You can't say he isn't a great CHARACTER, but as a person he and Lilly are both inferior to others that we have lost... RIP Doug.

• I wouldn't really say that. I think they are actually superior. Carley, Doug, Katjaa and Ben look very good when they do not make any decisions...but once they have to do some and look what happens "looks at Ben".

It's easy to just act as if the decisions of the group do not concern you and be the cool guy, but that doesn't really make you superior. Especially in a ZA.

• I'd rather have Doug or Carley watching my back than anyone else. You could always count on them.

• @Rock114 said: I'd rather have Doug or Carley watching my back than anyone else. You could always count on them.

To support you, maybe. To make executive decisions... not really.

• Because god forbid, someone should think for themselves.

• This thread sure did go all out since I last checked it out!

• @Wrighty said: Killing Larry put them out of "Immediate danger of inevitable death" and that gives them more time to work things out. Saying that they should help Larry because cannibals are outside anyway seems like giving up, and sure they are always in danger. But that's no excuse to make the choice that ups the risk of everyone dieing.

I don't think the Hershel argument doesn't work well because he obviously has no idea how bad things are, unlike Kenny. And you could argue than accepting those strangers led to Shawn's death. I appreciate Hershels kindness but I wouldn't have blamed him for telling us to GTFO his land when we first met. Just like I don't blame Kenny's family for not giving help. It's also still a lot kinder than Lilly wanting us to leave Ben and legless guy outside camp to get eaten.

Also I don't believe in calling someone horrible because they look out for themselves and their family first.

Giving up? Lilly and Lee were actively working on achieving the best possible outcome, however remote, that Larry would survive and we would all escape from the cannibals. Thats' not giving up.
    Kenny was not a team player and folded under the pressure. He made the short term situation and long term survival more dangerous because the group actions became individual actions. Lilly was in shock, Lee was pissed and Kenny could not count on Lee. So who had to take on Danny solo? Lee.

On the other hand, Larry could have survived. Or the group could have dispatched walker Larry (I would have like to have done that by the way...epic fight:D) and then the group would have found a way out of the meat locker and attacked Danny as a group.

There is also the long term effect. What if we actually survived the meat locker and made it out. Kenny's way - group destroyed. Lee's way - group intact.

Kenny is horrible mainly due to his follow on actions, post meat locker, that you may not see in your game but I do in my game. I have not taken my decision to expel both Kenny and Ben as group members lightly (I've done this as best the game will allow. I've not spoken to Ben since he admitted to being the traitor and only interact with Kenny if required by the game to move the story along). They have simply demonstrated that they are not suited for the complex nature of group dynamics. Maybe they will do better as lone surviviors. I do believe we are stonger as a group than as individuals. But as I'm sure Kenny would agree, sometimes the risk outweighs the benefit.:)

• @YamiRaziel said: Dude, most of your post is some crazy speculations and theories that would never happen.
    Duck was bitten, Ben didn't knew, Lee was asleep, Kenny is his father and wouldn't do shit. If Duck turned... it was over for at least half of them. You can make crazy theories as much as you want but that doesn't change the situation that you're super biased.
    You may not agree with me but I'm consistent and I don't try to create impossible scenarios to justify my choices.
    I saved Duck at Hershel's farm because he was a child.
    I didn't side with Larry in the drugstore.
    I supported Kenny in the Lilly argument because I chopped the teacher's leg.
    I didn't shot Jolene.
    I let Irene shot herself.
    Until that point Kenny was a friend whom I had helped a lot, because I fed his son once again in ep. 2
    I tries to save Larry.
    Kenny backstabbed me and left me for dead.
    I killed both brothers because I was sending a message.
    Lilly saved me and became a friend whom I started to trust.
    I stole the supplies.
    I shot the poor girl in ep.3
    I stood by Lilly's side because after Kenny left me for dead one more time in Macon.
    I confessed to everybody because Carley made me do it.
    Lilly shot Carley, but I took her in.
    I didn't yell at Kenny to stop the RV cause I knew he wouldn't listen anyway.
    I decided to leave with Lilly cause I didn't want anything to do with this group anymore.
    I shot Duck.

You can make your wild speculations and theories but don't justify Kenny betrayal please. He may be an ally in yours, but in mine he's a total coward and an asshole. And no, I'm not the reason. He is.

Crazy and wild speculation from the guy who thinks Lee and Kenny (Lilly will be too shocked to fight) can kill zombie Larry with no weapons and in a enclosed space? :P

Ben may not have known but he had a gun. Ben sees walker, passes gun to Lee or shoots Duck himself. NOT a impossible scenario. Especially as Duck would have been easy to killl while he finished off Katjaa. Lee would have been woken by Katjaa's screams no matter what.

And losing half the group is hell of a lot better than losing the entire group. Especially if two of the group (maybe four if the cannibals get em) get slowly eaten alive until they get the quick release of death. You risked a kid getting a death a hell of alot worse than getting eaten by walkers.

Making a nice little list of youre decisions isnt a good argument but nice try. And Carely made you confess? More like, you knew Lilly was about to kill someone or at least do something very rash and you decided to take the fall as Lilly likes you. Very noble but if Lilly was reasonable and realised she had no proof, you wouldnt have had to confess. Dont go blaming Carely. Also says what kind of person Lilly was, to steal the RV. Way to destroy their only chance of survival if they couldnt get the train to work. AND i thought Lilly was youre friend aswell :P

Also the key point in that was when you saved Larry. At that point you risked his life, and his families lifes (they would get eaten by cannibals slowly, die in a way that would make them want to get their head smashed in. Pretty sure i keep mentioning this). You risked the lives of the only people he really has left in the world for some old bastard, who tried to murder you after you got him medicine. Im not suprised he didnt forgive you for that. Im not suprised he didnt look at you trapped in a room full of approaching zombies and didnt immediatly rush in to save youre life. You Lilly fans always seem to glorify Larry aswell, do you think he would have saved you're life in Macon?

Simple calling my scenarios impossible isnt quite good enough and calling him a coward and asshole isnt one either. If he was a coward he would never have volunteered for the supply trip. And i've already been over why he isnt an asshole.

This discussion has been closed.