User Avatar Image

What do you think about Duck's Storyline?

posted by Web Head on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Didn't Duck's death affect you all guys? I mean jesus it was so sad that was tearing..What do you think about his death? It's supposed to be the saddest moment in gaming history..:c Tell me what do you think guys

walkingdead101201209080.jpg

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It affected me. I felt very sad for him, although considering how many times he was close to death already, it felt like the kid was doomed. Nevertheless, I dont think he deserved his fate and was pretty annoyed with the Duck haters who were cheering his death. :mad:

• Episode 1 made me hate Duck. Episode 2 made me apathetic towards him. Episode 3 made me love him, and then they took him way. :C

I was completely distraught over his death, and the fact that neither of his parents even told him they loved him or anything. Katjaa may have, I suppose, but then she wrecked his last few minutes of life by committing suicide in front of him.
    Poor Duck, man.

• I never understood the Duck hate. He's what, nine? Ten? Nothing he has ever done has been malicious or deserving of hate IMO. He's just a sweet but empty-headed little boy who made a bad mistake. I know people hated him because of what happened to Shawn but again, it wasnt like he did it on purpose.

• I didn't hate him because of what happened to Shawn. I knew Shawn would bite it. He's just so annoying! That's what I don't like! I prefer silence, not a constant yammering toddler who doesn't even know that I'd rather be a walker than listen to him for five more seconds! Maybe he's just got too much energy for my taste. Guess I'd make a bad parent...

But, as with most others, episode 3 made me like him. He was actually way less annoying and genuinely funny. Plus he helped us... didn't see that one coming...

I really miss him and Kat though. The entire train sequence all the way to finishing him off...heartbreaking.

• This game reveals some strange ass things about people. How can anyone not sympathize with a child, but yet pity a cold blooded killer? The family dynamic definitely left with Katjaa and Duck.

• It's interesting that all the folks talking about how they wanted Duck to die as he was a liability to the group never thought through the consequences of that happening. Katjaa kills herself out of grief and Kenny's a complete shell of himself now, and nobody here knows what he is going to do next.

Just shows we should be careful what we wish for.

• @KMatt said: It's interesting that all the folks talking about how they wanted Duck to die as he was a liability to the group never thought through the consequences of that happening. Katjaa kills herself out of grief and Kenny's a complete shell of himself now, and nobody here knows what he is going to do next.

Just shows we should be careful what we wish for.

People rarely think past the surface. Consider all the people who are convinced that the guy Clem is talking to is Glenn simply because he also had a walkie talkie or all the people who were convinced that the woman in the woods was Clem's mother in spite of mounds of evidence to the contrary.

• I think at Ducks death was the most Pain-inducing thing so far just watching the life slowly drain out of a young kid who about 3 or so hours ago was playing Batman and Robin.

Also i let kenny shoot him because not too long before i had seen the film "Of Mice and Men" and it reminded me of a scene where The old Farmhand Candy is being pressured into putting his dog down and instead lets someone else do it (Similar to Lee pressuring Kenny into dealing with duck and then Lee saying he will do the deed) but afterwards he regrets not being the one to do it.

I don't think TT did take inspiration from that movie but it was quite similar.

• I never understood the hate towards Duck. As great as Clementine is I actually thought that Duck was more representative of small kids these days than her.I may be unlucky but the small kids I know or have seen are more likely to resemble Duck than Clem.
    Clem almost comes across as a fantasy child to me,well behaved,funny,balanced(so far),intelligent and helpful.

As a farmer's son I thought that Shawn and Duck's parents were the dumb ones in allowing a ten your old kid,unsupervised, to play on a tractor without removing the keys and making sure there was no way he could start the thing?! Do most players desire the old rule that children should be seen and not heard.
    As shocking Doug/Carley and Katjaa's deaths were, Duck's slow death and his parents anguish over what to do with him was harrowing and is the closest a video game has got me to shed a tear.Well done Telltale.

• The first time I played it I was crying or something lol, I hugged my monitor : DON'T LEAVE ME DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :( :( :s

Add Comment