1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wrighty said: Whats you're point in the first paragraph? Sure there are lots of unknowns but the one thing we know is that if he reaminates, we are screwed. And that they reaminate fast so we could have been seconds away from Larry coming back. And Lilly already said he had no pulse and was not breathing. She was trying to resusitate him and that takes time. Its not like Lee could just lean down, take his pulse, say he's dead and then Kenny kills him. I dont think thats how resucitation works.

In my game, only one person outside the locker knows about what happened and that was Katjaa. And its hardly like she immediatlely left or shouted at him for what he did. From what i saw, her reaction was "Oh god, what has this world come to" not "Oh God, i hate Kenny now". And its hardly like she knew the finer details of what happened, like how enclosed the space was and how there was nothing in the locker to fight with. Katjaa was sad and shocked at what this new world forces people to do, for the survival and safety of others.

And you would kill Ben just because he was intimidated by the bandits and was told his friend was in danger? Ben was stupid but i have no respect for anyone who kills a person for making a mistake. Tells me what kind of person you're Lee really is :P

You are lost in the "what could happen should this event occur based on not knowing this..." as being sufficient to kill Larry. Again, leads to actions that may not sit well with others.

I'm sure if Lee had done a better job of explaining the "finer details" of the situation in the meat locker that Kat would have been just fine. This really should have been something Kenny should have told her though. You know,so he can present the details in the best light possible and be available for any possible follow up questions.

As for Ben, maybe that's why Lee did not kick him off the train. Oh well, Ben is sure to die in e4 so I can ignore him a while longer :D.

• @Wrighty said: But that one decision in the meatlocker is everything and you made the wrong choice, which led to both led to Kenny hating you and you risking everything for a old bastard to tried to kill Lee after he got him heart medicine.

This is a game in which there is no "right" or "wrong" choices. Only what you think is best. You and I both thought that trying to save Larry was far too big of a risk. We made sure he didn't get up. Other's thought that helping him was the best possible thing they could do. They tried to revive him. Some people think he could ahve been saved, others think he was already dead. There's no evidence to suggest either way, so all we can do is speculate. But to call someone else's choice "wrong" in this game is just wrong in itself.

• Woow, 1014 posts so far :D The hottest thread on the forum :p

• @YamiRaziel said: Woow, 1014 posts so far :D The hottest thread on the forum :p

Yeah but 507 are yours and 507 are Wrighty's comments ;)

Joking aside, as Rock114 points out; there is no right decision. Killing Larry might be the most pragmatic decision to make but actually killing him, and doing it right in front of his screaming daughter and an 8 year old child is a tough decision to make.

You both make valid points (inbetween the namecalling) but really how much of what you have written above really went through your head during your first playthrough?

• Naah, Wrighty is a late-comer and I have only around 150 posts here :p

In my very first playthrough as I mention somewhere above, I was a friend of Kenny even though he started to annoy me a lot and I did dislike Lilly and Larry.
    Lilly started growing on me in ep. 2 and in the meat locker scene... the way she screamed "Lee, I need you. Please help me!" was enough to make me help her.

• @YamiRaziel said: Lilly started growing on me in ep. 2 and in the meat locker scene... the way she screamed "Lee, I need you. Please help me!" was enough to make me help her.

Same. Pragmatism aside if a woman is screaming for help I wouldn't stop to think, I'd help her.

To those who decided that Larry was a threat that needed to be dealt with and helped Kenny off him; I'd say you made a tough decision and I respect that, but I'd hate to be in a group with you. I'm a heavy sleeper and I don't think I'd rest easy thinking you'd might mistake me for dead and bash my head in without checking ;)

• @KMatt said: Same. Pragmatism aside if a woman is screaming for help I wouldn't stop to think, I'd help her.

To those who decided that Larry was a threat that needed to be dealt with and helped Kenny off him; I'd say you made a tough decision and I respect that, but I'd hate to be in a group with you. I'm a heavy sleeper and I don't think I'd rest easy thinking you'd might mistake me for dead and bash my head in without checking ;)

if your thinking about it pragmatically, Larry needed to be dealt with eventually, he could have died at any time, i mean what's worse, stealing medicine or eating your daughter alive because you died in your sleep

• @thestalkinghead said: if your thinking about it pragmatically, Larry needed to be dealt with eventually, he could have died at any time, i mean what's worse, stealing medicine or eating your daughter alive because you died in your sleep

I get what you mean but I'm not a pragmatic person so I don't think like that. A woman was crying out for me to help her father. For me there is no question on what to do in that situation, but I don't have a problem with people who don't agree with me.

These are all good points you make and if I had time to sit down and think about the consequences of each action then I would probably agree with you. But for me; the point about this game is you have to make decisions quickly. When the choice moments occur I don't give myself time to think through all the options I just go with my gut feeling and live with the consequences, thats how I enjoy playing this game.

• @KMatt said: I get what you mean but I'm not a pragmatic person so I don't think like that. A woman was crying out for me to help her father. In my head there is no question on what to do in that situation, but I don't have a problem with people who don't agree with me.

These are all good points to make and if I sit down and think about the consequences of each action then your right but the point about this game is you have to make decisions quickly, in those circumstances I don't give myself time to think through all the options I just go with my gut feeling and live with the consequences, thats how I enjoy playing this game.

yeah me to, and on my fist go, my instinct said he was dead and it was lilly who confirmed it to me, but to me crying is not a rational response so her crying/screaming didn't dissuade me at all, it just made me ignore her.

i would never have suggested just killing Larry, but i don't think i would have slept anywhere near him and i would have some sort of barricade in between me and him.

• @YamiRaziel said: I'm always saying that this is my last post to some people and yet your arguments are so poor that I cannot restrain myself.

Carley and Ben are not there so, no, they were not in immediate danger. Plus, Carley has a gun. That leaves us with Duck and Kat who are Kenny's family of course. He's doing the smart thing for his family, not for the group. Duck and Kat could've already been killed you can't know for sure. Larry needed help, I helped him. There are not bad decisions in this game, and this is definitely not a wrong decision. If you think you're doing the only correct decisions I pity you...

You know, I can already see the resemblance between you and Kenny. You both believe that your point is the only correct one and you do not even respect other people's opinions. There is no point in trying to make Kenny understand and respect other people's opinions just as there is no point in discussing these matter any further with you.

Keep telling yourself that :P

They were going to the house, Carely had a gun as did Ben and Andy and Brenda. One vs Three and Carely has no idea whats going on? If she's lucky, she'll get shot and die quickly, not sure what happens with Ben. They were in danger and if you die in the locker, then no one can warn Carely and Ben. And the meatlocker situation is important for everyone. I seriously dont understand how you can look past risking Lee, Lilly, Kenny, Clem, Kat, Duck (last two get horrible deaths) and risk Ben and Carely (one gun vs three and she doesnt even know whats happening, the cannibals know she might come aswell) for one person who tried to kill you after you got him heart medicine.

For me the correct decision is the one that doesnt risk everyones lives for one person. Sometimes its as simple as that. In this situation you are either strong enough to make the right call and ignore Lilly's cries for help or not. You were not.

Add Comment