User Avatar Image

Would you leave Omid?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 747 users

Savannah is dangerous, you can't stay in the city and be safe, so you're headed towards the ocean (and hopefully a boat).

Omid's leg is hurt, it seems like it's infected, and he's barely able to move.

Kenny wants to go and Christa agrees, suggesting Omid be carried.

Kenny is against that, saying you can't outrun walkers.

Christa isn't leaving without Omid because she's pregnant and loves him.

Kenny isn't wasting anymore time in a dangerous place and is leaving. He offers you one chance to join him or he's gone.

Do you leave Omid or stay behind and try to help him?

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @FarmerJoe said: @LadyJ
    So you would kill pregnant women before their future babies can cause you problems with the noise they make? :eek: that's rather brutal and short sighted.
    I'd stay and help Omid or carry him as much as I could.If the situation is hopeless I'd prefer to offer him another way out than just abandoning him to a uncertain and,most likely, painful death.



    That does sound pretty extreme. Judging from her flat belly, the baby, if there even if one, is months away. Christa might not even be with the group at all by the time that becomes an issue. Look at how many people we've lost in only three months.

    Still, its interesting to see how people would react in a real crisis like this. Who could you count on to help you and who would be more likely to say "She's a liability, kill her."

  • I can't vote, I seriously have no idea what I would do. I'm fairly sure his leg WILL be a hindrance, but I don't know if I could simply leave him like that, it doesn't sound right to me... :(

  • Leave omid.

    and if his preggo girlfriend/lover/wife wants to get fussy about it she can stay behind too.

  • There is no reason to leave Omid behind. I'd stay with Omid and tell Kenny to be on his merry and to also take Ben with him. They can have a nice chat about the bandit attack on the way to the harbor.

    Even if everyone was mobile, it's not like any sane person would just stroll down the streets of Savannah while trying to stay quiet.

    A group would still need to move from one safe location to the next. Someone needs to scout ahead, find some safe places, come back and inform the group, the group moves up and then repeat. If the group is safe now, don't move unless it is to another safe location. Keep an eye out for an ambulance that may have a wheelchair in it or look at your map and see if any medical places are noted.

    If you like this idea you can read more about it in Kirkman's book rise of the governor.

  • @FarmerJoe said: @LadyJ
    So you would kill pregnant women before their future babies can cause you problems with the noise they make? :eek: that's rather brutal and short sighted.



    It's about surviving right? It's not short sighted at all, it's based on the long term. I didn't say I would LIKE it, but seems to me the only choice. Besides, you have no way of knowing if the babies are infected and could infect Christa from the womb or during delivery....there are too many unknowns that place the group at risk. If you were someplace that was secured, you have a different set of options but on the road? Nah I can't see any other way...not while keeping the majority as safe as you can.

    @FarmerJoe said: That does sound pretty extreme.

    Aye it is extreme, but then again, so is the inexplicable onslaught of walking dead people.

  • @LadyJ said: Aye it is extreme, but then again, so is the inexplicable onslaught of walking dead people.



    Essentially your priority is your personal survival before the survival of the race?

    Nice. Stay off my mountain, K.

  • @LadyJ said: It's about surviving right? It's not short sighted at all, it's based on the long term. I didn't say I would LIKE it, but seems to me the only choice. Besides, you have no way of knowing if the babies are infected and could infect Christa from the womb or during delivery....there are too many unknowns that place the group at risk. If you were someplace that was secured, you have a different set of options but on the road? Nah I can't see any other way...not while keeping the majority as safe as you can.



    Aye it is extreme, but then again, so is the inexplicable onslaught of walking dead people.



    I can imagine it now...
    "Wow, I'm going to have a child,some glimmer of hope for the future and a big reason to keep on fighting.Maybe everything will be back to how it was one day and we can have some kind of a normal life"

    LadyJ:"WTF,that's not happening! think of the danger a baby will bring!!!"
    "Hey, where are you going with that gun?"
    BANG! :D

  • @Cyreen said: Essentially your priority is your personal survival before the survival of the race?

    Nice. Stay off my mountain, K.

    Survival of the race is important too.
    But if the baby being in the group causes the whole group to be killed, who is left to care for it and be guardian to the race?

    You can have a whole mountain or more to yourself. I fancy PEI anyway...if I'm in Canada and the ZA hits I'll cheerfully avoid you.

    Oh and yeah, one of my first priorities as is most people's self survival. I will help others when it is possible and practical but no way can you tell me that taking a chance on an unknown (baby) is the best solution for the safety of an entire group

    @ Farmer Joe LOL I said if you are in the open! I saw nothing much wrong with Lori giving birth on the show in the prison where they could have some cover!

  • @LadyJ said: I fancy PEI anyway...if I'm in Canada and the ZA hits I'll cheerfully avoid you.



    Sounds good to me, however, just for the record I'm Canadian too. :p

  • @ LadyJ

    Ok, so it's more like...

    "Keep going darling, it isn't far. It wont be long now"
    "Is she still behind me?"
    "Yes"
    "Is she still staring at me while caressing that pistol?"
    "I'm afraid so.Cmon, can you see it now?that abandoned shed"
    "Yes! Yes! thank god!"
    "You see everything is going to be ok"

    "Oh god no! I can't,I have to stop! it's coming now..."
    "No,no,no,NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

    BANG!

    LadyJ: "It had to done, you understand why don't you. DON'T YOU!"

    :D

Add Comment