User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • well I will be playing Black Mesa when I can get it downloaded...

• Yeah, it's been a mess since launch. Are people at least able to get to the links yet? The Facebookian folks were kind enough to give me the torrent link and trackers after the site crashed at launch.

It's pretty good. There's still blood and gore, but the characters are a bit more comedic than I'd like. They're not laughing or anything, but it does give the game more of a die hard feel than super serious.
    (could be the random casting they did too. I don't exactly remember what every single character said in the original)

As I said, I'm enjoying it.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Oh yeah, it's out today, isn't it. Huh. Kinda forgot about that. :p

• My friends and I have been playing some Minecraft Tekkit and I got bored testing machines and decided to go off and nuke a village.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3282&stc=1&d

Before!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3283&stc=1&d

After!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3284&stc=1&d

And the sole survivor!

• Finally finished Metroid II. Almost thought it wasn't going to happen. My final time was 5:35. And I have to say, after everything the game threw at me, the Queen Metroid was a huge step up in difficulty. It was a frustrating fight, and it would've been worse if I hadn't been playing it on the 3DS and using a restore point. What I'm saying is I died a lot.

So...yeah. Guess I get to start Super Metroid tomorrow. I'm still not sure whether I want to play the Wii version or the original SNES cartridge.

• Snes.. I wanted to play it when I was there but there was never enough time.

Also,

Black Mesa Source
    Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time
    Sheep, Dog, and Wolf starring Wile E. Coyote
    Super Mario Bros
    Metroid
    The Adventure Of Link
    The Walking Dead

• Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise

(Basically the same sort of stuff as the DS version)

Torchlight II

(Only played about 50 mins so far but I like it. :D)

• Started playing Temple of Elemental Evil last night. Hasn't been much evil yet, though I did manage to get several party members killed in a fight against zombies.

My impression so far is that there isn't a ton of plot or character, just a lot of little romantic sidequests, but the game mechanics are nearly perfect. Well, for a DnD game, anyways.

• @Secret Fawful said: Snes.. I wanted to play it when I was there but there was never enough time.

Yeah, the next time we do a road trip (and there will be a next time), we should factor in a day to just all hang out here.

That said, I only have two SNES games, so you didn't really miss a whole lot. I guess Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts is more up your alley than mine, though.

• How could someone dislike Super Ghouls N Ghosts?

Add Comment