User Avatar Image

Telltale Crossed The Line

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 719 users

Is there are anything TTG can do that will make you quit playing?

A lot of people said they're done after Carley was killed. We'll see. Is there anything they can do, of have done, that will have you calling it quits?

For me, if they kill Clem in episode 4 I would not buy episode 5. They would have killed off the last fuck I gave.

I would just move on after that. I wouldn't even be a little curious what happened next.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cyreen said: If they bring back Carley, I'm done.

It looks like Cyreen and I actually agree on something :eek: That has been my biggest fear. With all the bring Carley back talk...blecch

• No way they are going to bring Carley back. I think being shot in the face and left there is a pretty definitive "she's not coming back". People just have to get used to the idea that she is gone. I liked Carley too but I dont desire to have her come back, or anyone else that we lost. We have to move on.

• @KCohere said: No way they are going to bring Carley back. I think being shot in the face and left there is a pretty definitive "she's not coming back". People just have to get used to the idea that she is gone. I liked Carley too but I dont desire to have her come back, or anyone else that we lost. We have to move on.

I think most people that talk about bringing Carley back ("Hur dur, carley shot in face, she alive hur dur") are trolling, seriously, you can't get so attached to a video-game character for so long after she's dead already.

But if they brought Carley back (which is very, very unlikely), I would stop playing as well.

And well, if Clementine died... I would still buy season 2, even if she died on the last episode.

• If Ben and Kenny survive Episode 5...

Other than that, it's cool i guess

• To me, there are no lines. This is their game, they can go wherever they want with it. I'm just here for the ride.

Nothing they do is going to make me refuse to finish it.

• @Red Panda said: Is there are anything TTG can do that will make you quit playing?

A lot of people said they're done after Carley was killed. We'll see. Is there anything they can do, of have done, that will have you calling it quits?

For me, if they kill Clem in episode 4 I would not buy episode 5. They would have killed off the last fuck I gave.

I would just move on after that. I wouldn't even be a little curious what happened next.

Nope. I've had a blast playing this game and just love the story. It was fun to play even when it was just Lee at the beginning of e1.

I know people are upset over the loss of characters they really liked but we are only three episodes into Lee's story. Think about it for a moment. There are plenty of stories worth telling from that hour when the first walker reanimated. TTG picked Lee's story to tell just like Kirkman picked Rick's story. I think the best is yet to come.

Whether it's too painful to make friends anymore is up to you. People we like are going to die. Maybe we can choose what Lee says from time to time or figure out a puzzle but that's about the limit of our control and Lee's control of this world and the people in it.

It could be worse, at least e4 and e5 and season 2 don't have us at a farm looking for a missing girl.:D

• @RedKoolLoops said: To me, there are no lines. This is their game, they can go wherever they want with it. I'm just here for the ride.

Nothing they do is going to make me refuse to finish it.

This. I'm seeing it until the end despite my favorite character ever dying, and half of the characters I like being dead. They know what they're doing, and should keep on with their story as they originally planned to. If they decide to bring Carley back or not, they should do it because it was part of what they planned, not according to what people want. There will always be someone who will love TWD no matter what. I'll play it until the end. I mean, why not finish what you've started? And I still love TWD and find episode 3 to be great along with the rest.

• When it comes to story reasons, if Telltale made it nice. No one deserves "plot armor" not even Lee and Clem deserve it, same with Rick and Carl.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I wonder why the comics do not give rise to such protests. Kirkman has been doing the exact same thing for a fucking decade now. Children killed, babies and mothers killed, suicides, prolonged rape, massive torture. I can absolutely understand why people would call it quits with Clementine's death - and I probably personally would as well - yet why is Kirkman "allowed" to and even praised for breaking those taboos while Telltale is continuously bashed for it? Is that some kind of double standard for the Walking Dead fans?

Of course they'll cross the line. The original comics series has crossed so many, it's hard to even think of another line it could cross!

• @Vainamoinen said: I wonder why the comics do not give rise to such protests. Kirkman has been doing the exact same thing for a fucking decade now. Children killed, babies and mothers killed, suicides, prolonged rape, massive torture. I can absolutely understand why people would call it quits with Clementine's death - and I probably personally would as well - yet why is Kirkman "allowed" to and even praised for breaking those taboos while Telltale is continuously bashed for it? Is that some kind of double standard for the Walking Dead fans?

Of course they'll cross the line. The original comics series has crossed so many, it's hard to even think of another line it could cross!

This may be an fairly simple and stupid answer but.

I didn't get TWDG because of The Comics, or The Show. To get the comic I either have to pay money and get them online or pay a taxi to take me to a local comic/book store The Show on AMC requires me to have cable and while I do have it It's currently not on yet and i'm missing a few episodes However right up on the front page of Xbox they advertise new games and such. I saw a Walking Dead game remembered it was some sort of zombie show and tried it because I loves me some zombie stuff and so I got the Demo and the voice acting especially of Clem and how the story was a little different depending on if i went at night or said I was the babysitter and all won me over to getting the actual game. I had no back knowledge of TWD universe other then it involved zombies and had a joke about a tank. I expect Clem to be like a little sister in bioshock , Amy from.. Amy, or the girl from I Am Alive, or any number of games where your supposed to protect and play a paternal role. Naturally your "child" is supposed to be in danger so you can save them. But you don't expect any truely terrible things to happen.

Add Comment