User Avatar Image

Indiana Jones thread

posted by Noname215 on - last edited - Viewed by 621 users

Here you can talk about the video games, movies, the upcoming 5th movie, the ride, the Young Indiana Jones TV series, whether or not Telltale should do a game, or anything about the franchise in general. Let it whip!

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: I didn't even know they got rid of BTTF and King Kong.

Also, ET was my favorite ride at that place.

They still have Jurassic Park, right?

Yeah Jurassic Park is still safe.....for now. I just found out a couple weeks ago they got rid of E.T. =( I've heard rumblings they're going to take out T2. That will be the day Universal DIES. At least in my heart. :(

• @tobar said: Yeah Jurassic Park is still safe.....for now. I just found out a couple weeks ago they got rid of E.T. =( I've heard rumblings they're going to take out T2. That will be the day Universal DIES. At least in my heart. :(

I haven't even been on T2!

I'm realizing it's been a long time since I've been to Universal.

I also never went on Backdraft, because the idea of being trapped in a burning building scared the bejesus out of me for some reason.

• I went before T2. I always hated them for that. :p

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Johro said: I remember Universal more probably because so many of those rides are gone now. King Kong, Backdraft, BTTF, ET...

E.T. is still at Universal Studios Florida. Backdraft and Back to the Future is still at Universal Studios Japan. Although, there's a language barrier for the latter two.

• When did this turn into a discussion over E.T., Back to the Future, and Jurassic Park?

• Watched Raiders' on Blu Ray last night. The transfer is.... pretty good. They did what they could from 1981 footage. Nothing is perfectly clear and the old camera mistakes are still visible like the flickering car going off the cliff and the pane of glass in the chamber. At least he didn't go and re-shoot anything. Right? Right. Considering I only bought this for 2 movies, I do feel as though I over-paid. As I said, the transfer and "restoration" of Raiders' wasn't fantastic and ,since it is supposed to be the most meticulously done of the movies, I don't have high hopes for 'Crusade. Unless you don't have the movies, I'd probably wait for a price drop on this one. You're not missing much.

• @Johro said: Watched Raiders' on Blu Ray last night. The transfer is.... pretty good. They did what they could from 1981 footage. Nothing is perfectly clear and the old camera mistakes are still visible like the flickering car going off the cliff and the pane of glass in the chamber. At least he didn't go and re-shoot anything. Right? Right. Considering I only bought this for 2 movies, I do feel as though I over-paid. As I said, the transfer and "restoration" of Raiders' wasn't fantastic and ,since it is supposed to be the most meticulously done of the movies, I don't have high hopes for 'Crusade. Unless you don't have the movies, I'd probably wait for a price drop on this one. You're not missing much.

But, there is owning it on blu ray. I honestly don't care if it's on blu ray though. I still have my VCR around. Any one else still use a VCR?

My point is that you can't get something like Star Wars on Blu Ray without it being heavily edited.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@hangingwithmonkeys said: Any one else still use a VCR?

I have one behind a chair with my Dreamcast and PS2. I still pull the latter two out every now and then (I just pulled out the PS2 because Yakuza came from my Blockbuster Online queue), but it's been a while since I've used the VCR.

• @Jennifer said: I have one behind a chair with my Dreamcast and PS2. I still pull the latter two out every now and then (I just pulled out the PS2 because Yakuza came from my Blockbuster Online queue), but it's been a while since I've used the VCR.

They are good for movies that are good and pass the time. Good stories that you really don't care if they have high def. But for anything you actually really care about I guess the crisp definition is better. :)

I have movies like Alien Nation on VHS . I'd like to meet some one here who watches Alien Nation.

• @hangingwithmonkeys said: But, there is owning it on blu ray. I honestly don't care if it's on blu ray though. I still have my VCR around. Any one else still use a VCR?

My point is that you can't get something like Star Wars on Blu Ray without it being heavily edited.

I don't even have a TV.

But my parents have one of those old DVD/VCR combo thingees. Which is really necessary, considering the number of tapes we have.

Add Comment