User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 24.2K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LauriNicole said: Is there any hope of getting Carley back alive?

YES! Just replay episodes 1-2 and BAM! She lives! Oh I get it, you don't want Lilly to kill her. In that case, pick Doug and HE gets shot and not Carley, there you go :D

• @WowMutt said: I think all the uproar about Carley is a great example of TTG story writing.. They made a character most people really liked and killed her off and just look at all the "bring Carley back" threads, all the people mad and want their money back because a character died.. Is too much emotion for some people to handle.

That's what TWD is about!

People being upset about her dying isn't really because TTG wrote her character well and everyone became attached to her. It's because, well, people wanted her to actually do something to the story, and actually make an impact. She barely appears in episode two and only has a few lines of dialogue in episode three. The majority of the community would be fine with her dying later on, because, after all, zombie apocalypse. Of course, then they'd be upset about her dying because of their attachment to her, but right now it's because saving either Doug or Carley doesn't matter. Hell, the biggest difference is probably the ability to tell everyone about your past and that doesn't even matter now that everyone is dead, gone, or in Kenny's case, too depressed to care. There would probably be more uproar about Doug too, it's just that the majority of people saved Carley so that's who you hear about.

Or at least this is what I've gathered the majority is feeling from reading the forums.

• the problem with this episode is that you have no control. Whatever you do, its the same outcome. All this game is, is red herrings. U think what you tell Clem matters, but it doesnt bc its the same outcome. U see that little message in the corner "clem will remember that" or "whoever will remember that" but it has NO use or reason. They just want you to have the feeling that ur decisions matter, but in the end, they dont. This episode was good, but the lack of control over the outcome along with my previous decisions in the first 2 episodes not having any effect on this episode at all really bothers me. i might not even download episodes 4 & 5.

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@Miaou50 said: Hi all,
    The subject of this topic is "Questions for the Walking Dead team!", but if I post a question here, would I really have a answer from the WD Team ? Really ?
    ;-)

We'll try!! Really we will! Admittedly we were a lot better at answering questions before we all got deep into production! We are working our fingers into little nubs trying to get this game out for to guys to enjoy, be we do occasionally get to browse the forums. And when we do see a question that we can actually answer, we'll try to chime it!

As a designer/writer... the stuff I'm best at answering is stuff about the game itself... story, characters, inspirations, etc.

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@Lil Kis said: I'm asking the developers this:

Will you be making sequel's of the walking dead at all after all 5 episodes are released? Also can you make the main character a woman this time so you can make the game more scary? Thanks

Jesus is our best friend

We are planning on making a Season 2! And that's all I can say about it right now!

• @MarkDarin said: We'll try!! Really we will! Admittedly we were a lot better at answering questions before we all got deep into production! We are working our fingers into little nubs trying to get this game out for to guys to enjoy, be we do occasionally get to browse the forums. And when we do see a question that we can actually answer, we'll try to chime it!

As a designer/writer... the stuff I'm best at answering is stuff about the game itself... story, characters, inspirations, etc.

then can you answer one question that has been in debate??

do walkers float? :confused:

• a question for Jared Emerson-Johnson, can you make an extended version of this: http://youtu.be/NoVtKHJRhqk It's Over ?,maybe like 10 minutes long, i just think its brilliant and would love to hear it developed more, it reminds me of Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings http://youtu.be/1dPDO3Tfab0 i love listening to depressing music

• @WowMutt said:
    do walkers float?

I'd direct that to Kirkman instead.

• @thestalkinghead said: a question for Jared Emerson-Johnson, can you make an extended version of this: http://youtu.be/NoVtKHJRhqk It's Over ?,maybe like 10 minutes long, i just think its brilliant and would love to hear it developed more, it reminds me of Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings http://youtu.be/1dPDO3Tfab0 i love listening to depressing music

I would love to hear "It's over" in a later episode.

• So....any news for Episode 4 coming up soon? There have not been any updates on the main page for weeks now.

Add Comment