User Avatar Image

Telltale Crossed The Line

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Is there are anything TTG can do that will make you quit playing?

A lot of people said they're done after Carley was killed. We'll see. Is there anything they can do, of have done, that will have you calling it quits?

For me, if they kill Clem in episode 4 I would not buy episode 5. They would have killed off the last fuck I gave.

I would just move on after that. I wouldn't even be a little curious what happened next.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @trd84 said: I didn't have a problem with them killing off Carley and Doug, I had a problem with them dying in the same way.

This. Same way and more or less same words by both, and low appearance.

• @trd84 said: I didn't have a problem with them killing off Carley and Doug, I had a problem with them dying in the same way.

They don't. Carley stands up to an almost insane Lilly and provokes her, ending up getting shot in the face, Doug and Clem see Lilly pulling the gun, but Doug pulls Ben and gets shot in the back of the head. Lilly doesn't feel that much remorse in killing Carley, as she thought she was protecting the group from the traitor, but she shows it when she kills Doug, because the bullet wasn't meant for him.

It's two different ways to perceive the moment. They were two different characters with two different personalities, and died because of two different reasons.

And since I saved Doug and she showed remorse, I sort of "forgave" her for the moment and let her into the RV. Had I saved Carley instead, I don't know if it would have played out the same way.

• I'd only stop playing if Lee & co. Save a Sciencetist who has the "cure" to the zombie virus and he needs upload it to a machine which was secretly built incase a Zombie outbreak ever did occur which is located conveniently in Savannah and Lee needs to sacrifice himself to save the human race.
    I would quit if that was the case but aslong as TellTale keeps the series the way it is i'm staying for round two.

• @KCohere said: No way they are going to bring Carley back. I think being shot in the face and left there is a pretty definitive "she's not coming back". People just have to get used to the idea that she is gone. I liked Carley too but I dont desire to have her come back, or anyone else that we lost. We have to move on.

Imagine this, the train is about to get to savannah, your about to finally make it to your destination, then as soon as it parks, you walk outside to find Larry sitting waiting for you as he gets in your face "Wheres my daughter?!"

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: Imagine this, the train is about to get to savannah, your about to finally make it to your destination, then as soon as it parts, you walk outside to find Larry sitting waiting for you as he gets in your face "Wheres my daughter?!"

That would be quite the trick since he is now missing a head.

• @KCohere said: That would be quite the trick since he is now missing a head.

Hah thats the point, it would be a big big "WTF" moment, :P

• @Vainamoinen said: I wonder why the comics do not give rise to such protests. Kirkman has been doing the exact same thing for a fucking decade now. Children killed, babies and mothers killed, suicides, prolonged rape, massive torture. I can absolutely understand why people would call it quits with Clementine's death - and I probably personally would as well - yet why is Kirkman "allowed" to and even praised for breaking those taboos while Telltale is continuously bashed for it? Is that some kind of double standard for the Walking Dead fans?

Of course they'll cross the line. The original comics series has crossed so many, it's hard to even think of another line it could cross!

the biggest difference between the comics/tv show and the game is that in a comic or tv show we are passive observers that try to empathise with the characters in a story we have no control over, in a game we are active participants that SHOULD have some control over what happens, it make us feel responsible for what happens, but a comic or tv show we don't feel responsible we just feel sad that they made bad decisions

• "Larry, how are you still alive? And you...I shot you months ago! I rotted in prison to kill you!"
    "Quite the contrary, Mr. Everett. You see, the other deceased and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela. Once there, I shall lie low and assume odd jobs under the name: Mr. Pilkington; but perhaps I’ve said too much."

• For any of you curious about the actual letter from Steven Yeun that Master of Aeons was talking about, check this link: (spoilers obviously)

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/steven-yeun?before=1348100944

It's hilarious and worth a read!

Edit: They need to fit a Bruce Campbell type character in this series eventually, haha.

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: Imagine this, the train is about to get to savannah, your about to finally make it to your destination, then as soon as it parks, you walk outside to find Larry sitting waiting for you as he gets in your face "Wheres my daughter?!"

That would be funny as hell hahahaha

Add Comment